Franchise Genetics

• Thread starter Og Hunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

This is just a lil something something I've noticed over the years.... just because people can grow the hell out of and/or have posted some pretty photogenic plants a breeder that does not make them! The cray-cray off beat guys seem to be the ones that produce the goods when it comes to breeders lol
I really feel bad this keeps on happening to the community, especially when "respected" bros are doing it who already know the do's & don'ts. No real testing going on anymore, you kinda can blame plant numbers for that it's gotta be pretty hard to test one cross/strain under such tight limitations let alone the 20+ they seem to be able to drop at one time..... they used to atleast give a few of their trusted peeps some testers to post pics or do a journal online with before releasing them to the masses.

Nowadays it's just chuck em, package, and sell for $200.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
This is just a lil something something I've noticed over the years.... just because people can grow the hell out of and/or have posted some pretty photogenic plants a breeder that does not make them! The cray-cray off beat guys seem to be the ones that produce the goods when it comes to breeders lol
I really feel bad this keeps on happening to the community, especially when "respected" bros are doing it who already know the do's & don'ts. No real testing going on anymore, you kinda can blame plant numbers for that it's gotta be pretty hard to test one cross/strain under such tight limitations let alone the 20+ they seem to be able to drop at one time..... they used to atleast give a few of their trusted peeps some testers to post pics or do a journal online with before releasing them to the masses.

Well said sym!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I've discussed this exact thing with a rl friend I've made on this forum, it sucks for some of us, and it definitely muddies the genetic pool that is out there, but when the breeders do it to themselves, there's really no-one else to blame.

Franchise used to be super good and talked about as one of the best companies to find true fire. But now the forums are riddled with negative feedback.

I almost feel bad for the breeder 's reputation going asunder, but one extra year of testing could have solved that problem before it even started.

green punk

green punk

Well said...I got banned for calling out this hype train. I said what you said only no so eloquently...

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Alien Apparition. It still put out a few balls in the beginning, but it had probably the least amount of the eight girls (like 3-5 sacs, and 2-3 nanners). And this one is the shortest, but highest yielding. It had the widest leaves of all of the seedlings.

I lollied them and ran with them. This was the best of the bunch imo. Took these last night or the night before, can't remember. :)
IMG 3753

IMG 3736
IMG 3755

B

bigjae

I've discussed this exact thing with a rl friend I've made on this forum, it sucks for some of us, and it definitely muddies the genetic pool that is out there, but when the breeders do it to themselves, there's really no-one else to blame.

Franchise used to be super good and talked about as one of the best companies to find true fire. But now the forums are riddled with negative feedback.

I almost feel bad for the breeder 's reputation going asunder, but one extra year of testing could have solved that problem before it even started.

How can you breed that flaw out ??

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@bigjae It's based on probability. Not saying that you can eliminate the genetic reaction to stressors itself, but if you run enough progeny, or get lucky, you will 'possibly' find a phenotype that is more resilient.

But if the genetic lines didn't have a large enough pool of genes that express resilience at all, then it would be unlikely or impossible to find that resilient expression in any of the progeny, regardless of your sample size.

So really it's a gamble. And may not be worth the effort. Depends on a lot of things we won't be able to know unless we could map the DNA of each parent, which isn't impossible, but significantly improbable. I mean, how many people have access to that... Lol.

Only trial and error can really say for sure. Sorry about the italics, on my phone and can't turn it off.

Then, of course, you have the compound problem if not only finding a resilient plant, but one that is also fire! So the odds again stack against you.

But if you know your seeds put out manly/burly :jimlad: girls, maybe you shouldn't sell those seeds. Give em away to people that want to deal with it.

Or pay someone to do it for you. You'd have to consider the growing costs of growing out and cloning a bunch of plants. And someone with the right expertise... And the since not all of the offspring will be as good as the parents, you can't even guarantee to make your money back on that investment by selling the resulting buds.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Though, in the post you quoted, I was referring to putting out the seeds for sale in the first place. :) so schmos-like-me won't save up a bunch of money with high hopes. I'm a student, so money is tight. And, not that I'm really upset. I know herms are just part of the seed popping game. I like clones... you know exactly what you will get, but I love popping seeds and finding something new!

An example of my way of doing it is I know my plants put out major balls as a reaction to stress or not. But I did make a very few F2's of the one I like and I will be willing to run maybe 2-5 seeds of those, which I know is ridiculously small pool to search from, but I like to play the lottery if the payout is big enough. Like a super small tester to see if I get freakishly lucky, lol. But if I do run those, they will likely be in the back of a very long line. I have too many other seeds to test, with better reputation for stress resilience! Plus, 2-5 seeds is all I'm really willing to have to watch SO stringently.

Last edited:
B

bigjae

I breed dogs so the pedigree is always there

An am trying to breed plants as well
So how due you select males and females
So this alien Orange Cookies has a flaw I may just start using different Genetics I read cali connection has the same problem as this

B

bigjae

I breed dogs so the pedigree is always there

An am trying to breed plants as well
So how due you select males and females
So this alien Orange Cookies has a flaw I may just start using different Genetics I read cali connection has the same problem as this so also how do you selected genetic

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

IMO, definitely better to use genetics proven to be resilient already. Speaking in plant, not dog. lol

Selecting males, well, I'm no expert and there are a lot of possibilities and factors, and a lot to read/research on the topic. Best of luck to ya. There are, however, some really good youtube videos of big time breeders doing seminars specifically on selecting males. And of course, take everything with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Here is the same plant taken today. She will be coming down within the next few days.
IMG 3804

And here is a comparison with the above pheno and another pheno of the bunch. This smaller pheno smells like fuel, whereas #12 smells dank and fruity.
IMG 3805

IMG 3809

LOL, whenever I look at this it makes me laugh. :) I culled #6 btw, case you couldn't tell why. I just couldn't keep up with it.
IMG 3618

Though, I actually think AA#12 went in a week earlier and I was just confused. Thus, my ~ (about) sign.

Last edited:
cc503

cc503

& look for $200.00 " swamp boy seeds " producing nanners and sacks just like this hype-train ......

just as I predicted ( & edited / censored ) in mega " History of OG Kush Thread". a run up of hype by insiders with t.k. cuts .........crashes and burns again.
Sheeeeit i just ordered a bunch of those swamp boys lol have people been getting alot of nanners on those? the pics ive seen on IG looked good... not to hijack the thread but what have people been hearing about some of the top dawg african crosses?

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

FWIW, my smallest, densest [bud structure] pheno (#7) of the Alien Apparition was the best tasting... BY FAR. I have had a cold for the last two days, so I can't really remember it enough to describe it well, but it was some kind of sage/lavender with a touch of floral and spice, maybe... Everything else tasted pretty average with slight variations, but smells killer and covered in trichs.

Last edited:
Redbluffer

Redbluffer

Alien Orange Cookies
This was one pack of Franchise I didn't run into full hermies or late nanners. O. Cookies I found 1 plant out of 2 pks that was stabl-ish...she threw cpl on clone run on lowers. Few and far between and never again buy Franchise me personally. Speaking anyone want some....

Lharg

Lharg

Franchise Genetics (Colombian x Alien Technology) #4
Lumbo Tech4

File Jan 22 2 48 55 PM

File Jan 25 1 42 41 PM

(Colombian x Alien Technology) #3
Lumbotech3 chop lower

LT3 lowers 3B

Below is a seeded (Colombian x Alien Technology) #4/F2s in the making...
20160417 234354

Screen Shot 2015 11 28 at 90334 AM

Shoutout Obsoul33t!

Last edited:
Lharg

Lharg

Orange Fruity Pebbles OG (Orange Juice Bud x FPOG)

File Jan 22 3 05 20 PM

File Jan 26 2 59 03 PM

OFPOG 10

File Jan 22 2 41 31 PM

20160216 133104realedit

Shoutout Obsoul33t

Top Bottom