Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Honestly if I only end up with what I've grown so far I will gratefully accept such wonderful medicine. I won't lie I wanted to see what developing buds are like so I took a couple popcorn buds and dried them in the oven. Even those, my least potent flowers, further watered down by a shitty rapid oven dry, blew me out more than anything they sell in this city. With a proper 10-14 dry and a cure I will have the best medicine of my life whatever happens here, with my lil baby girls ready to go straight into flower and give me more in 9 weeks. Except this time with all the knowledge I've learned on this one. In other words I can't lose! It's the summer of George baby!!
Hell yeah... oh btw what are your temps? Time to start dialing back.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, just dry them snap, then put in glass jars. Ensure to cleanly excise any disease. Any doubt, cleanse. with h202, and h20; Use 90% isopropyl as sterilizer. For tools, or cleanup.

Cool, dry, dark/shaded area for curing, IMO is optimal.
Yeah temp is sooo important. I prefer 60-65f and 60% humidity naturally only never a humidifier. Nice slow water movement out of the plant and even drying so the outside not crisp and inside like swamp moss.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, just dry them snap, then put in glass jars. Ensure to cleanly excise any disease. Any doubt, cleanse. with h202, and h20; Use 90% isopropyl as sterilizer. For tools, or cleanup.

Cool, dry, dark/shaded area for curing, IMO is optimal.
Yeah temp is sooo important. I prefer 60-65f and 60% humidity naturally only never a humidifier. Nice slow water movement out of the plant and even drying so the outside not crisp and inside like swamp moss.
Day time when lights are out the room naturally sits at 65-68. On warm days will hit 73 but won't be many of those in next two weeks. At night I use heater to keep it at 75.
Good for now last week keep 68-70 day and maybe 60ish night imo

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
agreed. I always get nice product when it's done in 70 -->>60's, as you get lower in temp, i think the dryer it should be, perhaps.

Stay along the blue green boarder. That way it's a controlled withdraw, some variance in temps, or RH. So if RH is high, you need to raise temps, perhaps to get it straight.

Dew point chart compact
growingtosurvive

growingtosurvive

are my flowers okey or is there is a problem its 12 weeks now just switched to 12/12 for flowering i dont know if they are still females + i know i have a nitrogen burn im working on it but are the flowers okey?
appreciate your answers
please sorry if im posting in a weong place my first time to use a forum

6387E4D7 BF1F 4DF8 96DE 3A717D25A903
7F94653E 0A27 4EDD 8F94 76198F8A66C5
89614F9F AB83 438A 9224 3931DB26312A
38C936E5 F8CF 4D30 836A 6AFFF0F50578
F6347661 6940 4036 9D1B 3EF3A45A9A7C
B3E4B388 64B9 4122 9BBE 3C74DF448B38
83BF029E 4D4C 4356 8183 D68E7D5E0C41
745ADAD1 5E32 4307 89A8 4B0657184948
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
are my flowers okey or is there is a problem its 12 weeks now just switched to 12/12 for flowering i dont know if they are still females + i know i have a nitrogen burn im working on it but are the flowers okey?
appreciate your answers
please sorry if im posting in a weong place my first time to use a forum
Looks great, this is around the time I would hit them with some foliar; say 1-2 tsp per L mag sulfate, and maybe some fluvic, or humic acids. Or some a bit of salicylic acid mixed in glycerin. then solubilized into aqueous. I nail them in week 2-3, especially.

If they need a little more N, i give them gamma-Aminobutyric acid, 1/2-1 tsp, per L, via foliar, that can only be used during early flower, IMO.

after week 2-3, you can also start to ramp up monopotassium phosphate, as the ppm increases; (close attention to pH) then as it gets transitioned. pouring on biologicals. Saponins, acids, even a bit, traces of sugars. LAB are very important during this time also. https://growingorganic.com/ipm-guide/how-to-make-lactobacillus/
so much of cannabis's is very developmentally specific. It's cumulative, over time.

At the end of there cycles, they get a little more specific, i think. At least I'm beginning to figure some of that mystery out. Most of the magic happens in the end days, lol. Not to sound Apocalyptic.
Orthodox Apocalypse Fresco

Adam made me take it down, cause it was too long. lol
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Last edited:
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Looks great, this is around the time I would hit them with some foliar; say 1-2 tsp per L mag sulfate, and maybe some fluvic, or humic acids. Or some a bit of salicylic acid mixed in glycerin. then solubilized into aqueous. I nail them in week 2-3, especially.
Salicylic acid? Wowser. Basically aspirin no?

Recooo

Recooo

Hello everyone, I have noticed some of my leaves turning light green while some of the other plants have a light brown coloring to them. My media is coco I have recently started feeding twice a day with 250 ml per gallon my temperature is usually 75-80 before I would keep between 65-75 humidity never over 70. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Salicylic acid? Wowser. Basically aspirin no?
I was going to say that, but I'm not precisely sure, it sounds good yes. But I have no confirmed chemical basis to work from. Also, freshly soaked willow branches would suffice, I'm confident of stating that much.

But watch ppm, and acidity, I do hit them low though, almost pH 5.5 or lower. Just be careful, don't overdo, stress is a good thing, sometimes. Especially where certain acids are concerned, IMO.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm no expert sorry but the second last photo looks like a Hermie. Definitely looks like some white hairs, but those look like pollen sacs
I see one sack, perhaps. but females hairs growing out of it, so I think he's fine. Maybe a little stress, something to keep an eye out for sure, but nothing overt.

So back to what I was saying; a time for everything. As newer growers, we tend to think of the grow more one dimensionally, but it is in fact, dynamic. What you do in veg or early flower, or late flower, for any given situation might not always be the same. Every situation needs to be assessed independently based upon it's own merit.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hello everyone, I have noticed some of my leaves turning light green while some of the other plants have a light brown coloring to them. My media is coco I have recently started feeding twice a day with 250 ml per gallon my temperature is usually 75-80 before I would keep between 65-75 humidity never over 70. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thank you.
Are the pots getting saturated completely every soaking? Top to bottom, in every spot? That's my first concern.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Different strains?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Different strains?
my first guess was ph, actually. at first, but i think he just needs some N But it's always alright to foliar them with a light solution of whatever you think is needed. Like Mag, or sulfur. That stabilizes a lot, from right off the bat. 1 tsp/L ls fine. I really enjoy using foliar as an augment for manipulating water hydraulics.

It's a real good habit to have a few spray guns handy. Put some nitroglycerin, or some other N substance in it. Just a little, and spray. Especially during veg and early flowering. It can make all the difference.

Personally, I think I have 3 sprayers I currently use. real handy. 🤘
I got one I keep loaded with live organisms, lol. and a little sugar. crazy me.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hello frankster, what does these leaves tell you? Yes she is in flower

I think she is just lacking a little bit in nutrients which she got now
If this is an organic grow, perhaps your OK. My guess there is a deficit of calcium, and nitrogen, dare I even say a bit of potassium possibly. but mostly appears to be N involvement. Don't go overboard in the other direction, just nudge it, IMO. Fine tuning is what's required here.

That said;
What your seeing in that red there could be a few different things, if it's not strictly genetic traits. The change in color is generally attributed to the appearance of anthocyanin. If it’s not in their genes, it could also be due to a lack of phosphorus.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks for the response. I am using oldtimers plant magic bloom nutrient. Its organic. But I water til a little runoff and thats a no no in organic. So I cant say I am 100% organic. But I like to mix in ewc on top and use aloe vera leaves sometimes.

Top Bottom