Free at last in Virginia

• Thread starter Lilolme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

I let the clones get a little dryer than I would have liked but there’s still internal moisture so a few days in the jars to redistribute that will help. Airin out everything else so heres a few group pics of this years efforts. The buds from the clones are airy compared to the others, testiment to them not receivin enough light, had they been underneath the lights and not off to the side they would have filled out more I suspect. Still meh on my coconut oil experiment somewhat of a body buzz guess some more trials are in order
9249D97D A337 4A06 8D95 E8B8E5040510
6B59D8ED A4A2 4434 9E59 7FB15863967B

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I let the clones get a little dryer than I would have liked but there’s still internal moisture so a few days in the jars to redistribute that will help. Airin out everything else so heres a few group pics of this years efforts. The buds from the clones are airy compared to the others, testiment to them not receivin enough light, had they been underneath the lights and not off to the side they would have filled out more I suspect. Still meh on my coconut oil experiment somewhat of a body buzz guess some more trials are in orderView attachment 1188094View attachment 1188095
Keep them out of sunlight, if you can. At least when you don't have the lids off anyhow. Don't know if you are aware or not.

Once the plant is cut; THC degrades under sunlight; I've seen it in the dispensary sitting in jars under lights over time. They actually switched to brown jars for that very reason. I'm like you, keeping in old glass jars, so I generally keep mine up in a cabinet, when there not being opened.

Everything looks real dank man; nice job.

Too make clear; I don't think it's an issue for you. Looks like it's pretty indirect there. Just keep it in mind, any light, (especially direct) over time is going to be degrading to the Trichomes from this point forward.

Last edited:
Lilolme

Lilolme

Keep them out of sunlight, if you can. At least when you don't have the lids off anyhow. Don't know if you are aware or not.

Once the plant is cut; THC degrades under sunlight; I've seen it in the dispensary sitting in jars under lights over time. They actually switched to brown jars for that very reason. I'm like you, keeping in old glass jars, so I generally keep mine up in a cabinet, when there not being opened.

They get stored in the original mason jar boxes in a closet, well away from sun or excessive heat. The Sour Diesel is absolutely stompin my ass and the Green Crack tastes like smokin fruit punch with not so intense of a buzz as the Diesel. Many thanks for your kind compliment

Lilolme

Lilolme

Too make clear; I don't think it's an issue for you. Looks like it's pretty indirect there. Just keep it in mind, any light, (especially direct) over time is going to be degrading to the Trichomes from this point forward.
Actually now that I think of it this is the first time all the jars have been out of the boxes I usually just leave em in the boxes with the lids off for a while, I will be more vigilant though it will be in storage for a long time

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Actually now that I think of it this is the first time all the jars have been out of the boxes I usually just leave em in the boxes with the lids off for a while, I will be more vigilant though it will be in storage for a long time
I keep them in a cupboard myself.

I used to go to a premium grow shop years ago; the kind that starts at $15 a gram weed, and that's quite unusual here in Seattle. Anyhow, it was pre-502 days, and was a medical shop. Everything was high end, and they had big lights under the weed. I noticed it happening, they noticed it happening, and the next time I came in there; they had everything in brown bottles, and the problem was solved. They no longer had the pretty display they once thought, but they were finally protecting there high end investment; it was much fresher, much longer.

Lots of shops do this; if it's on a rack, or in a bag, if there setting in a display under lights, they'll certainly degrade fast. It was a real eye opener for me.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I keep them in a cupboard myself.

I used to go to a premium grow shop years ago; the kind that starts at $15 a gram weed, and that's quite unusual here in Seattle. Anyhow, it was pre-502 days, and was a medical shop. Everything was high end, and they had big lights under the weed. I noticed it happening, they noticed it happening, and the next time I came in there; they had everything in brown bottles, and the problem was solved. They no longer had the pretty display they once thought, but they were finally protecting there high end investment; it was much fresher, much longer.

Lots of shops do this; if it's on a rack, or in a bag, if there setting in a display under lights, they'll certainly degrade fast. It was a real eye opener for me.
Beer bottlers knew about the effects of uv light back in the 1800s and used brown bottles, they still do, of course weed was mostly hidden away not on display like now a days

Lilolme

Lilolme

Looks like things are windin down, goodies galore for everybody now time to chillax and enjoy for a while. I’ve been absolutely wrecked for weeks. Future me was lookin at when I started this time and thinkin bout the schedule for startin again and April fools day sorta stood out, thats a month ahead of the last grow but I am plannin a bagseed grow and I want a little extra time should they all turn out male. Guess I’ll stick with my cheapo lights maybe even order 1 more and I am definitely gonna run em higher next time I was pushin the lower limits too much. Probly gonna go up in pot size quite a bit too 5 gallons really filled up with roots by the end. Depending on the female count I definitely would like to have a couple of plants outside. 5 months to think about it

Lilolme

Lilolme

The clones have been in jars a couple of weeks and all I can say is WOW! I’m kind of astounded at this years grow its been a long time comin. Bein a solo smoker (no friends close) if I go through with another grow in earnest next year I have no idea what I’m gonna do with so much weed maybe some of the distant friends will have to take a long drive for some freebies

BDH420

BDH420

I'm out of the loop. How are your new laws down there. I always said Virginia has amazing climate for cannabis. I bet some amazing sun grown cannabis will come from Virginia. Can't wait to stop there the next time I dive south for Phish Tour.

BDH420

BDH420

The clones have been in jars a couple of weeks and all I can say is WOW! I’m kind of astounded at this years grow its been a long time comin. Bein a solo smoker (no friends close) if I go through with another grow in earnest next year I have no idea what I’m gonna do with so much weed maybe some of the distant friends will have to take a long drive for some freebies
This is a problem worth having lol. I started growing in 1996 because my friends parents grew some of the dankest cannabis even by today's standards back then. But it was too expensive to keep buying. sure they hooked me up a ton. But I wanted ounces. So I humbly asked them to help get me started. They were more than happy to help me out and hooked up their SuperSkunk and Bubbleberry cuts. Fast forward about 9 months later I had almost 3 pounds of serious dank. Not many people had even seen Kind bud like this back then. Other then getting really paranoid because I now had more cannabis then I had ever seen in my life. It stank hard and it was the 90s. My friend had just got 2 years probation for seeds and stems on his car seat. One of the rules my friends parents told me was no selling it and if anyone asked I got it up in Maine. I did end up getting rid of a chunk on Phish tour. I high rolled summer of 96 tour. I was a year out of highschool and out for a party. Just wait once people know you have some sweet dank friends you didn't know you had will come out of the woodwork. lol Enjoy the fruits of your labor. There is no more rewarding hobby then growing cannabis.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I'm out of the loop. How are your new laws down there. I always said Virginia has amazing climate for cannabis. I bet some amazing sun grown cannabis will come from Virginia. Can't wait to stop there the next time I dive south for Phish Tour.
With a 4 plant limit I could output way more than I will ever personally need. The climate where I am in the mountains sucks for outdoors its like a rain forest and bud rot is almost guaranteed if steps to avoid it arent adhered to. I think that with all the substance abuse issues here and pretty much all over LEO is more than than thrilled not to have to deal with a little weed anymore. My loosely knit plan was to learn how to grow proper to take care of my stash and down the road when they figure things out maybe ramp it up and supply a little for the market.

SativaBob

SativaBob

With a 4 plant limit I could output way more than I will ever personally need. The climate where I am in the mountains sucks for outdoors its like a rain forest and bud rot is almost guaranteed if steps to avoid it arent adhered to. I think that with all the substance abuse issues here and pretty much all over LEO is more than than thrilled not to have to deal with a little weed anymore. My loosely knit plan was to learn how to grow proper to take care of my stash and down the road when they figure things out maybe ramp it up and supply a little for the market.
You can get strains that have better genetics against mold for the muggy va climate during the summer. I haven't done the research yet but will get it early next year so I too can plan for an outdoor grow next season. I'll try to post back the info I find.

For the oil... if you have an instant pot it'll decarb the flower in a jar perfectly on high pressure for 40 mins with water filled to the middle of the jar. I do 7 grams for a stick of butter and it's pretty damn strong in a batch of brownies haha. You could do the same with a half cup of oil and infuse it on the slow cook setting for 4 hours after the decarb.

Your harvest looks amazing, bro, great job.

Lilolme

Lilolme

You can get strains that have better genetics against mold for the muggy va climate during the summer. I haven't done the research yet but will get it early next year so I too can plan for an outdoor grow next season. I'll try to post back the info I find.

For the oil... if you have an instant pot it'll decarb the flower in a jar perfectly on high pressure for 40 mins with water filled to the middle of the jar. I do 7 grams for a stick of butter and it's pretty damn strong in a batch of brownies haha. You could do the same with a half cup of oil and infuse it on the slow cook setting for 4 hours after the decarb.

I do have an instapot thanks for the info! I look around for the mold resistance qualities

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have the Levo 2 but have not had a chance to use it yet. Impressive machine. Drys, cures, and infuses.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I let the clones get a little dryer than I would have liked but there’s still internal moisture so a few days in the jars to redistribute that will help. Airin out everything else so heres a few group pics of this years efforts. The buds from the clones are airy compared to the others, testiment to them not receivin enough light, had they been underneath the lights and not off to the side they would have filled out more I suspect. Still meh on my coconut oil experiment somewhat of a body buzz guess some more trials are in orderView attachment 1188094View attachment 1188095
The clones are curin nicely the airy bud thing was premature they are turnin out very nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom