freezing fresh trim

• Thread starter BansheeRider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BansheeRider

BansheeRider

im about to harvesst and have decided to trim all the leaves off the plants since the weather has turned humid and i dont want to risk the rot.

since i havent decided what to do with the trim yet, ie. dry sift vs. bubble vs. BHO, i was thinking of storing the fresh trim in ziploc bags in the freezer.

will i be able to keep the trim fresh and viable or is it better to dry it first?

thanks
BR

T

TMack

I freeze my trim wet all the time ,iam a huge bubble hash fan though imo its the cleanest and purest form of thc!....and soooo tasty

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Cured Resin

Resin needs to be cured on the plant before making it into Hash.

Smoking uncured hash is like smoking wet immature buds.

Try drying your trim evenly for 2 weeks then freezing it if you want.

Aqua Lab Tech

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

If you can place them near your water heater , or put un scented cat litter in bown bag , put that in bigger brown bag with trim separated from cat litter,
i get great results then i place in freezer and do light shake insane pure sugar will appear.... dry ice will dry it out aswell what they do in Hawaii to dry nuggs
you can freeze dry it but will take atleast a month in freezer

T

TMack

your so wrong ALT - if your gonna make bubble hash freezing the trim fresh is the way to go!
no doubt thats what i thought bro!, why would u dry it out first if ur just gonna get it wet again in the bubble process, besides that fact the drying and curing process come after u make the hash!

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Moldy Bubble

your so wrong ALT - if your gonna make bubble hash freezing the trim fresh is the way to go!

After many many years of experience we have found that using dry trim is the best for separating resin.

Trichomes are part of the plant, in order to separate the resins properly the resin needs to cure on the plant. Allowing the resin to cure and dry on the plant will help it separate from the plant easier.

When using wet fresh trim your hash will never dry. Causing it to mold, hence having a very short shelf life.

I can discuss this more, but it really depends on the Hash maker and there experiences. You can also do searches on this subject on other forums where it has been discussed over and over.

Aqua Lab Tech

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Thanks ALT

I used to dry trim before hash-making, then someone told me to freeze fresh trimmings and go from there. Well, it's a hell of a lot more convenient, but I think the quality of my hash has gone down some. Back to the old method... :) thanks again!

M

mrdizzle

you couldnt be more incorrect my friend. I guess if your making 3grams of hash you'll prolly smoke your stuff before it molds

IF YOU USE FRESH TRIM FOR HASH YOU WILL HAVE MOLD, EVERYTIME.

M

mrdizzle

actually, your proably smoking moldy hash and you dont realize it

J

Jalisco Kid

I dry mine but I do it for different reasons. I believe there is some chem reaction going on drying. You can always dry your hash well before putting it together and pressing it. Though I prefer mine to stay in powder form. JK

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I dry and cure my trim first but you can freeze it after that to store it until you make hash.I did store some undryed trim once and ice formed in the bags.When I thawed it it became mush and had to be thrown out!

M

mrdizzle

I dry mine but I do it for different reasons. I believe there is some chem reaction going on drying. You can always dry your hash well before putting it together and pressing it. Though I prefer mine to stay in powder form. JK

absolutly, keeping it in powder form is the way to go,

I

ignitetop

well I have just put all my trim in the freezer and I was going to try and make some hash with it but I never cured or dryed the leaves and I just put them straight in. Am I better off just making butter or should I attempt the hash?

G

grizz

great info Aqua labs, you guys have given me some really good advise in the past and after doing fresh frozen I tried the cured then frozen method, seems like I even get better yields that way also.

H

headband707

IMHO I wouldn't freeze pot as freezing trichomes is not the way to go. peace out Headband707

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

1st Dry , 2nd Freeze , 3rd Lightly Shake
then the 4th in any order puff it or BHO it then puff it
or my fave the mega mix LOL dry sift kief wax mix .....

i like terpins in my kief , So i "try" stay away from Bubble B's

When Kief is pressed it becomes oxidized "dark" this is how becomes hash
It has more of a narcotic effect from the chemical make up being changed by the oxidation process than unpressed kief

Freezing for storage is not good! ~ Freezing for brittle trichs is just fine !!!

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

hey
thanks to all of you for answering and exchanging ideas and experience.....

i might dry first before freezing, depends - it will be my first time making bubble h so i might not be to orthodox this first time around.

i hope to get some silkscreens in the future though as i have read that dry sift preserves the terpenes more than water hash.

peace to all
BR

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

The book of Hashish is the ultimate leaning guide of keif and hash collection, Everything we have talked about here and , what i know came from that book ,
It will teach so much about cannabis its Insane..
Robert C Clarke in my opinion is the utmost authority on cannabis information period...... youll look at that book so much it will fall a part on you lol

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Well here is my 2 cents on the deal.. After being trained by Joeshmoe and the owner of fullmeltbubble dot com(hillbillieonpcp) I gonna have to say freezing wet fresh of the vine trim directly is the way to go:) Im not sure bout you guys but round here we are after and look for full melt, pure blond goo:) Just aint gonna happen using dry trim from past experiences, you get the gold candy effect which does melt and bubble quite well, its just not full melt bubble...
Soon as I find where I packed my camera I will post some pics of this freshly made blond bubble:)
I used 2.2 pounds of frozen lil casey jones popcorn buds, 20gallon bags, XL bubble now machine:) I got about 110 grams in return of pure blond full melt goba goo.. I am a 90 mic bag whore big time, everybody has there own way, Im just sharing what works for us:icon_cookie:

Also not getting the full melt effect is people over mixing/stiring is one of the main problems, much more contaminants happening that way when you over mix..

GTD

Top Bottom