Fresno County may ban all growing of buds

• Thread starter Zonkerly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea I sure know what u mean doggie.. Back 2 the old days when I had 2 stash a few plants in my yard<<< hopefully that might work >> hopefully they juss don't want it bold in there face type shit.. I think there after these huge mega grows with thousands of plants.. I seen some crazy out of hand shit around here>> I think there after them 1st.. I hope they ain't trippin 2 hard on the guy growing a few plants in his corn & tomato garden..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I do NOT like feeling like I did when I was doing it illegally. I don't like the paranoia, I hate feeling deep fear like that. I don't like having to hide in the closet, either.
Ive never grown it illegally! (xsept in the fed eyes)
Yeah Sea, I hate all that too! Fuck..:depressed:

Yea I sure know what u mean doggie.. Back 2 the old days when I had 2 stash a few plants in my yard<<< hopefully that might work >> hopefully they juss don't want it bold in there face type shit.. I think there after these huge mega grows with thousands of plants.. I seen some crazy out of hand shit around here>> I think there after them 1st.. I hope they ain't trippin 2 hard on the guy growing a few plants in his corn & tomato garden..
I hope so Too .
Hopefully they will be after the large commercial outdoor grows..There are lots to keep them busy
Not to mention all the Huge wherehouse grows there must be..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am ASTONISHED. The people of Tuolomne County made a difference. First, they showed up to the BOS and Planning Commission meetings. Now, read this:

Sonora, CA -- Tuolumne County Supervisors held a public hearing about zoning ordinance changes addressing medical marijuana cultivation and selling. An ammended motion to table the issue was eventually passed unanimously after much public input.

Tuolumne County Community Resources Agency Director Bev Shane said "The zoning ordinance right now would not allow a dispensary or a collective in the county itself."

Sheriff Jim Mele, followed by District Attorney Michael Knowles, later addressed the issue of current marijuana growth. D.A. Knowles said the technical term for permitted marijuana growth in Tuolumne County was whatever is "reasonable and necessary for their medical needs." A recommendation from a physician is needed, but there was no further clarification permitted as to what is considered a legitimate recommendation. Further discussion on the issue was not allowed during the meeting.

All the Board members explained their reasons for being in favor of tabling the ordinance until November. Board Chair Evan Royce asked for comments from the packed meeting room on the issue of tabling the ordinance. After 14 comments, most urging that the ordinance not be tabled, the motion was amended.

Supervisor Karl Rodefer said, "The ordinance in its current form I think is clearly, for most people, not exactly what they want to see. That ordinance is the product of a pretty extensive committee action. It has been through the planning commission and their recommendation is, it needs more work. For that reason only, I would be in favor of not passing the ordinance in its current form or sending it back. I do agree that at the right moment; it maybe November, it may be sometime prior to that, obviously, if things change between now and then, but at the right moment, I think the right way to do that is to involve the community in that process."

Rodifer added, "Whether recreational use gets legalized in November or not, medical use is still going to be an issue." He added, "It is important enough that we need to do it the right way. For that reason, I don't want to rush into it. We are not running away from the issue."

Supervisor Randy Hanvelt requested information from Director Shane about a better time for a committee to address the issue. She said it would be difficult to make time.

Supervisor Evan Royce said that this summer they could start to gather names to be on a committee related to a zoning ordinance change.

Supervisor John Gray still wanted to hold off on forming a committee until November.

Supervisor Sherri Brennan said in April it would be known what related ballot measures will be in the November election. She said if nothing is on the November ballot, or something unforeseeable happened, they would address that issue. The vote to table the issue passed unanimously.

The ordinance that was developed and tabled was created by a group put together by County Counsel Sarah Carrillo. Members included Deputy County Counsel Carlyn Drivdahl, Health Officer Dr. Todd Stolp, Under-Sheriff Bill Pooley, former Under-Sheriff Keith Lunney, CRA Director Bev Shane and District Attorney Michael Knowles.

For details about the Ordinance view "Balance Key To Marijuana Ordinance".

So, ya think showing up won't make a difference? Sit back on that and watch others do it.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I registered to vote and signed the Referendum yesterday! :)
I hope they got enough sigs!
Referendum

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Shasta Co. got hosed too.
I hope they can get back their right to grow also

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Michigan Supreme Court: Cities Can’t Ban Medical Cannabis
In a unanimous decision Michigan’s Supreme Court ruled Thursday that localities in the state are not legally authorized to ban medical cannabis within their boundaries.
“Needless to say, we are thrilled [by the ruling]“, says, Rana Elmir, spokeswoman for the ACLU of Michigan.

In Thursday’s ruling, written by Justice Bridget Mary McCormack, the Court states that city ordinances banning medical cannabis directly conflicts with the state’s medical cannabis act, creating a violation of Michigan’s Constitution, which explicitly separates powers of the state and its municipalities. The Court also held that it’s not impossible to comply with both federal drug laws, and Michigan’s medical cannabis law.

The ruling sets immediate precedent throughout the state, and will effectively overturn medical cannabis bans in cities such as Livonia, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills and Lyon Township.

- TheJointBlog

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ken the same thing happened in cali but the court ruled in favor of cities and counties having the right to ban,i dont think ACLU was involved and dont know the differences between the two lawsuits but i dont know how they would be able to overturn their ruling without some change in law here because to appeal would mean going to federal court and you cant even talk about legal weed there.
http://www.westerncity.com/Western-City/December-2013/LegalNote-CA-Supreme-Court/
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Legal...ies-can-ban-all-medical-marijuana-homegrowing
the first one has to do with banning dispensaries and the second is a growing ban in your neck of the woods but both are examples of cities/counties being allowed to use bullshit ordinances to override state law.This is why its so important to get CCHI,MLCR and any other legalization measure just right or we could be shooting ourselves right in the foot,One fucked up ruling has put all these dominoes in motion.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hard to like that post Fish.
but thanks for the info.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sorry bro,i am on your side,lol.My county has banned outdoor for awhile and they are pot nazis,i would love to be able to grow outdoor again,Its coming soon,their house of cards is falling down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The locals in Tuolomne are up against the same kind of walls you guys. But they organized and they've managed to force the BOS to shelve the ordinance til November. That is HUGE, but it took a lot of bodies, which were comprised of individuals, to make that statement to the BOS. That's what we can do in the meantime and in spite of the passage of these propositions, either way.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That is Huge Sea,
No such luck in Fresno Co. :(

Feb072014
Fresno County’s ban on medical cannabis cultivation takes effect today. The ban applies to ALL cannabis gardens, both indoors and outdoors, with heavy fines starting at $1,000 per plant.

A referendum petition circulated by local cannabis advocates fell far short of its goal of 20,130 signatures. One common theme reported by signature gatherers: Many people had no idea the new county law had been passed. Other potential signers expressed concerns about the confidentiality of petition signatures, while others said they wanted to avoid jury duty. (Note: Petition signatures are NOT public record, and anyone who has a driver’s license and/or registers to vote is automatically qualified for jury duty.)

Read the Fresno County cannabis ban
Another common question came from city residents, who wanted to know if they county law applied to them. The quick answer is “no”; you may consult the directory of city ordinances to see which local law applies to you. Although primary authority for cannabis cultivation falls under state law ‐ Proposition 215 and Senate Bill 420 ‐ cities and counties also have authority to pass ordinances pertaining to zoning, health and safety, and other subjects. The intersection of state and local laws can create conflicts, and the legality of the Fresno County cannabis ban is likely to be tested in court.

This post will be updated later with additional details. If you have questions about the Fresno County cannabis ban, please contact Fresno Cannabis or call 559-270-1411.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cannabis users should want to do jury duty! Dummies

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I got rid of all my plants last night

I dont want to talk about it.:depressed:

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Rather than trying to overturn this ban why not try to widen it to include all alcohol and cigarettes?maybe even No GMO fruits and vegetables allowed to be grown in fresno county?That would get their attention FAST.We somehow need to think out of the box and turn this around on them,it could EASILY be proven these things are more damaging and cause bigger problems(even death)than cannabis.If you can fuck people with bogus ordinances then those same parameters should be able to be applied to other things that THEY like and use,just a thought.

Top Bottom