Fresno County may ban all growing of buds

• Thread starter Zonkerly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:eek: Oh, no! I wish you lived closer to us.
I wish I did too Sea. .:(.
But I dint really get rid of them all;)..Im just going to stay small and hope and Pray I dont get in trouble

Violations are misdemeanor crimes, with daily fines, after an abatement order is sent to the property owner with a 15 day notice, or an "immediate threat" is determined. Read the ordinance

Can they get a search warrant for a "Misdemenor"?

Damn it I said I dont want to talk about it!....:mad:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
And now....? Siskiyou Co.

http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article/20140219/News/140219526

By David Smith
@SDNDavidSmith
Posted Feb. 19, 2014 @ 9:26 am

A joint effort is underway between the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors, citizens and law enforcement to determine how to best address medical marijuana cultivation in the county’s unincorporated areas.

Law enforcement officers and medical marijuana patients gathered at Tuesday’s meeting of the board as Sheriff Jon Lopey introduced a proposed ordinance to regulate the cultivation of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

Lopey drew the ire from the audience when he presented photos of Adam Lanza – the man who killed 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 – and other killers and told the board that the men were all marijuana smokers. The overall tone of the meeting was not confrontational, however.

Lopey described the reasons that he feels the regulation should be in place, then members of the audience provided input on the direction of the ordinance. “We’re not here to penalize legitimate medical users,” Lopey said. He explained that the main thrust of the ordinance was to mitigate potential odor nuisances and access by children to medical grow operations.

Measures in the proposed ordinance include a maximum grow area of 100 square feet, regardless of parcel size, and a prohibition on cultivating marijuana within 1,000 feet of any school, church, park or youth-oriented facility.

The general consensus coming from public commenters was that cultivation should be regulated, but the 100 square-foot limit was contested as being too restrictive and inadequate to fulfill some prescriptions.

There were also numerous requests for the source material behind some of the statistics Lopey cited – including the claim that 57 percent of serious crimes are linked to marijuana.
Lopey told the board that he could provide the studies he cited, and have the presentation he had prepared posted to the Sheriff’s Office website.

One commenter said that law enforcement should have no say in a doctor’s medical decision, while another said that she feels the ordinance is not restrictive enough due to an adverse reaction to the smell of marijuana.

Other issues that came up included the possible violation of HIPAA guidelines in requiring patients to register with the county, and the county possibly inheriting criminal liability by requiring a fee for activities still considered illegal under federal law.
Others called on the board to research and understand the issue better before making a decision, and District 2 Supervisor Ed Valenzuela said that he feels there should be more dialogue with the public.
The board ultimately decided that the county should organize public meetings in four sectors of the county to gather further input before submitting an ordinance for a first reading. Those meetings, to be held in the north, south, west and east parts of the county, will be organized by county staff and reported at a later date.

The marijuana discussion comes after supporters collected enough signatures to get the legalization question before California voters this year. On Feb. 12, a bipartisan group of Congressional representatives sent President Barack Obama a letter urging marijuana’s removal from the federal list of prohibited “Schedule 1” drugs.
“Classifying marijuana as Schedule 1 at the federal level perpetuates an unjust and irrational system. Schedule 1 recognizes no medical use, disregarding both medical evidence and the laws of nearly half of the states that have legalized medical marijuana,” the letter states.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
that story says " supporters collected enough signatures to get the legalization question before California voters this year."

Hmm...1st ive heard of this....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sherriff Lopey is either not very bright or hes flat out just a liar to come up with bullshit like that,its just rediculous.All those people drank water too so maybe we should blame it on the water?or maybe the air we breathe?The shit people make up in their mind and actually convince themselves to beleive is incredible.I talked to some folks last week that leased a space next to a dispensary that was shut down and they were telling me all about how their employees were going home physically sick from the smell of raw marijuana,throwing up,dry heaves and fevers,5 different employees all with 2-4 days off each.When i suggested she may have been getting taken advantage of by her employees she swore it happened to her too and she was sick in bed for days.Now i know that some may not care for the aroma but i doubt it could make you physically ill from smelling it alone but she swears it did,lol.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You know how I view it? He wants to demonize pot smokers & users the same way pot smokers & growers like to demonize cops. So what if he took a little creative license, maybe these cats really did smoke pot? But the reefer madness tack pretty much backfired on him. I wonder if it's an election year up there...

If the smell really makes them ill, getting video of everyone spewing should be easy, right? ;)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Anyone see this from americans for safe access cali director?
The California legislative session is underway, and three significant medical cannabis measures were introduced before last Friday’s deadline for new bills. The latest effort to regulate commercial medical cannabis activity and doctors who recommend medical cannabis is a bill by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana). SB 1262 is sponsored by the California League of Cities and the California Police Chief Association, two powerful lobby groups that have opposed any regulation of medical cannabis in California until now. It is encouraging to see these two groups coming to the table this year.

The introduction of SB 1262 may be a milestone in overcoming the impasse on medical cannabis regulation in California, but the bill has both good and bad provisions. The good news is that SB 1262 places regulatory control of commercial medical cannabis activity in the Department of Health, where ASA believes it belongs. We do not think it is best to regulate medical cannabis like a vice (i.e. alcohol or tobacco). Furthermore, the bill’s provisions about safety and operational standards for dispensaries are largely reasonable and in line with emerging professional standards in the field.

The bad news is that SB 1262 recognizes the right of local jurisdictions to ban medical cannabis patients’ associations, which reaffirms the status quo established by the California’s Supreme Court decision in Riverside v. Inland Empire Patients Wellness Center last year. The bill also contains severe restrictions on doctors who recommend medical cannabis in California. The heavy-handed regulations are sure to raise the ire of the medical community, and if adopted, may even lead to litigation.

ASA knows that the best outcomes result from having those affected by legislation at the table when bills are debated, amended, and finally approved or rejected. That is why it is important that each of you make a commitment to participate in the process this year. We will need grassroots advocacy in every legislative district in the state, in the Capitol, online, and in our communities. Thanks for helping!

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

120 days to stop all grows in Fresno City , just pass today... 1000.00 a day for every plant found ... time to move on

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for that update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our own county doesn't try to readdress the issue with stricter ordinances.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Damn i knew about the outdoor ban but indoor too?That will be a hard one to enforce considering its state legal AND inside of your private property.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Same tactic being used to run the dispensaries off in cities and counties near me dave,they cannot legally stop a dispensary from opening so they refuse to sell/grant them a business license and if you open up they fine you 1500.00 dollars a day for not having a biz license and also condemn/declare unfit for occupancy the building you are in.
Basically they are using building codes and municipal codes that county supervisors/city councils write themselves as LAW which is bullshit and they know it but they are willing to walk that fine line because they can use OUR money instead of their own to litigate these things,cant fight city hall i guess.

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

This is why I keep trying to tell folks that legalization isn't going to be a simple cake walk. At the Federal level, we've got a Congress that has a lot of reps and senators that do not want to see legalization...and in order to legalize it, any legislation will have to go through Congress. And then here at the state and local levels we have bullshit like this...Yet I still read where folks will state "It's inevitable! Our time has come! This is the year we legalize!"

I say...."I'll believe it when I see it...In the meantime, I still see a lot of push back that isn't going to make this a slam dunk."

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, when's the next county election? Ours is this June, it's already heatin' up.

Zonkerly

Zonkerly

Mayor leaving for a higher position in state, chief of police running for mayor next and will probably win :arghh: This county and city is screwed :drowning:

Latest posts

Top Bottom