from seed in peat pellets, stunted growth

• Thread starter mekannic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mekannic

mekannic

seamaiden said:
No indictments, sorry for that! Terse replies can lead to misunderstandings.

well, that's why i didn't fly off the handle. just pled my case and accepted whatever guilt i'm due.

i have used peat pellets for years with no major incidents. and all the plants i currently have were all started in peat (and doing fabulous), except for a few storebought tomatoes, peppers, and cantaloupes. i haven't had any probs til this year, and so far just the one. but it has to be something i did after it sprouted and i am just not membrying it.

but, after this issue i am revamping my way of thinking. i had no idea about the possible issues with peat before. never read anything at all about it because i never had probs (zero probs TIL NOW, with high dollar seeds, although that one was a freebie) so no cause to due the diligence. this is my first issue ever with seedlings, my issues have always been elsewhere, and i have had plenty.

although i have also never had bugs until now either, but i blame the occurrence of two spotteds on the store bought tomatoes and my new environment.

i know contrary to popular belief, you are not supposed to keep flytraps in a terrarium or humidity dome, but perhaps in arid zona it may work, even be necessary.

mekannic

mekannic

one other thing Seamaiden, thank you ma'am VERY MUCH for all your hard work and effort around here, it has to be exhausting and i appreciate it. tiring i assume, but i pray not thankless.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's only exhausting when people insist on doing what they want to after asking for advice. I gain great pleasure when I see others succeed, that's why I do it. :)

mekannic

mekannic

some died some lived.

some of the ones i started about the same time or after the ones i had so much trouble with are doing very well. i wish i had a way to leave them outside to flower, but i can't. they are definitely ready to take clones and sex. turned out two of them are auto varieties and i had topped them just before they started flowering. thank goodness they were both female at least. they sure started flowering early. and i am afraid i did more harm than good by topping them. no more vertical growth, just a few inches tall. i am afraid i will only get a few grams off of each one.

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo3
Photo4
Photo5
Photo6
Photo7
Top Bottom