From The Ground Up, Let's Go!

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

@Garden of Dreams appreciate the hook up on some kick ass builders!

Update time...
I've hurt my back so building this solo was out of the question...

12.5' ceilings are tall, really tall!

2x6s are really heavy.

32' wall section is hard to stand up with only 3 people.

The 54' wall is really long..

LVL beams are even heavier!

Did I mention how tall the ceilings are lol?

Cheers

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
@Garden of Dreams appreciate the hook up on some kick ass builders!

Update time...
I've hurt my back so building this solo was out of the question...

12.5' ceilings are tall, really tall!

2x6s are really heavy.

32' wall section is hard to stand up with only 3 people.

The 54' wall is really long..

LVL beams are even heavier!

Did I mention how tall the ceilings are lol?

Cheers
View attachment 458107 View attachment 458108 View attachment 458109 View attachment 458110 View attachment 458111

View attachment 458112 View attachment 458113

Did my Boys handle that for you?? Props Dawgy!! #Noahhadthecuts

Billyboat

Billyboat

All the framing is done...

Went ahead and framed the ceiling of the entire space, hallways will be nice.

Doubled up every other joist on the side the ac's are going to hang.

Hanging everything from the ceiling so I can keep the floor space open.

Billyboat

Billyboat

This, now this is boss shit! I'm pretty sure drdre will have some more competition with those ceilings ya got there lol

Thanks!!
I'm working hard to get to that level, one grow at a time. I'm now thinking about running 20 de's horz and some vert bulbs in the big room and since we made the other room bigger I should be able to fit 9 de's in there.

I'm going to be busy as a bee the next few months!

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

I'm a little late to the party, hope ya don't mind if I join...

This is gonna be AWESOME, can't wait till its up an runnin

I can't wait either!

You're on fire @Billyboat! Hope the back gets better. You've been a great addition to the farm this year, I really enjoy your grows!

Thanks for the kind words. I have learned so much on the farm and I feel it was my duty to post some of my grows and show people that if you set your mind to something, it can be achieved.

Very nice and clean @Billyboat , don't mind if I sit here and peep game, thanks for the detailed info...
Hope ur backs gets better, I know how that goes..

I start prolothearpy for for my back after thanksgiving, I messed it up changing out a Can 150 that was hanging from the ceiling, I lost my grip and dropped it, I should have just let it fall, but I tried to save it and thats what got me.

way2green

way2green

I can't wait eithsome qualitys for the kind words. I have learned so much on the farm and I feel it was my duty to post some of my grows and show people that if you set your mind to something, it can be achieved.

I start prolothearpy for for my back after thanksgiving, I messed it up changing out a Can 150 that was hanging from the ceiling, I lost my grip and dropped it, I should have just let it fall, but I tried to save it and thats what got me.
That definitely sucks about your back bro but damn if u didnt get some quality framers. Wow!!!!! Sacrificing back and soul for this project.... wish u much success

Billyboat

Billyboat

That definitely sucks about your back bro but damn if u didnt get some quality framers. Wow!!!!! Sacrificing back and soul for this project.... wish u much success

Thanks brotha! They will have built this whole place in a few days, 2 guys working very hard.

I hate drywall so we used 1/2" OSB instead!
and we doubled up the OSB on the side that is near that big garage door.

I'll be doing the rest of the work, paint, lights, electrical etc.

Should be a fun weekend!!

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

Sound pretty bad, u need a couple people to put it up and take that down, the 150s are dam heavy, I know ur a one man army bud dam bro, u don't want to be out if commission and in a bind with the setups u run.. Best of luck on your recovery, @Garden of Dreams hooked u up wit some good peeps.. Looking good from here..

Billyboat

Billyboat

15,000 nails
12,000 staples
4,000 screws
350+ pieces of lumber

And we are built!!

2 flower rooms built, CHECK!
24x12 dry room built, CHECK!
Even added an access panel to the "attic"

Some of the best builders I've ever had the pleasure to work with!

Going to take a few days off, rest up, do some gardening at my other place, and start painting and running all the electrical next week!
I have 45 gallons of paint/primer!!

We only had 6 pieces of lumber left over!

Top Bottom