fun new site bugs!

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

@logic I couldn't figure out how to update my default browser, but Chrome cured all ills- including updating itself to the latest version.

I thought this phone was fast before, damn...

Site works best in Chrome, at least on this device (S. Galaxy Note 2), thanks for the quick response!

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
@logic I couldn't figure out how to update my default browser, but Chrome cured all ills- including updating itself to the latest version.

I thought this phone was fast before, damn...

Site works best in Chrome, at least on this device (S. Galaxy Note 2), thanks for the quick response!

Just for your info i have the S. Galaxy Note 1 and the site works fine on all browsers for me, anyway glad you fixed your issues :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just for your info i have the S. Galaxy Note 1 and the site works fine on all browsers for me, anyway glad you fixed your issues :)

Great phones, I don't even care about the new Note 3, lol

Maybe you know where/how to update the default browser, I bet that would fix it.

FYI, part of the noticeable speed difference with Chrome is a Google service that compresses the data sent down via Internet, including websites like yours. They say they do it to reduce bandwidth, but the best byproduct is higher speeds. I mention this in case such compression schemes cause issues.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Great phones, I don't even care about the new Note 3, lol

Maybe you know where/how to update the default browser, I bet that would fix it.

The only way to update the default broswer is to upgrade your version of the android os, but there has been no updates for the note 1 for months and months im suck using android 4.1 :(

ttystikk

ttystikk

The only way to update the default broswer is to upgrade your version of the android os, but there has been no updates for the note 1 for months and months im suck using android 4.1 :(

Thanks for that heads up- much appreciated!

Personally, I think you should go get yourself a 3 right now. After all the work you've done upgrading the Farm lately, you've earned it!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mines a htc one
Hey! So's mine. Well, HTC One VX.
I have to use an img. Compress and I hate it, extra steps and reduced quality. I bought the galaxy s4 because I wanted decent pics to upload to the farm.
Hrm.. and I haven't bothered using anything other than .img format. I haven't figured out how to resize without cropping (yet), either. Also, my ASUS took a complete and total shit--won't start at all. I was in the middle of a book, and I don't like reading something like a novel on my phone.

K, gotta go figure some stuff out.

-------------------------------------------------------
Finally getting an update. When it's done I'll give it another whirl.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good Lord that took a while! This is a test upload.
IMAG0157

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:D That was taken at NASA's Goldstone installation. Veeger! They track all the old satellites, and a buncha new ones.

ttystikk

ttystikk

@urbanfog I enjoyed your Einstein quote, it reminded me of another, told to him as an adolescent by his maths teacher; "you'll never amount to anything!" Funny, no one remembers HIS name!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I forgot to say that I had to keep trying to get the software update for my Android to connect & download. After that, it took a while because for some reason they wanted me to do the D/L over our home wifi, not via the inet I have for the phone. Whatever, but it took a while. After I did that, though, uploading the pic worked flawlessly, just as logic said.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Don't use a phone for updates or looking at the farm thou i should invest in 1 kinda like to keep things simple but awesome job on the upgrade everything appears much better .... thanks

ttystikk

ttystikk

Don't use a phone for updates or looking at the farm thou i should invest in 1 kinda like to keep things simple but awesome job on the upgrade everything appears much better .... thanks

My two cents- okay, more like $750.00 in fun tickets; I was in the market to replace my desktop when I came across the then new Galaxy Note 2. It runs faster than any personal computing device I've ever owned, by a wide margin. It's better connected as well, due to N wifi and 4G LTE tech. The Android OS actually wants to run smoothly instead of constantly looking for excuses to crash. The size is big enough for real computing while still small and light enough for my pocket.

Yet, the real genius of the device is that whenever, wherever you are, you're never without your full suite of computing capabilities. I've dashed off a letter to the editor of my favorite car magazine in response to an article I was reading- before I walked away from the news stand.

Sharing pics on the forum can be done from where I snapped the shot as long as there's signal.

No need to wait til I get home to do this or that, it's always right in my breast pocket.

It's like a DVR or Netflix- once you've gotten used to it, there's no going back!

I have a smart dock that allows the phone to send video to my widescreen, audio to my stereo, data in and out of usb connected storage and inputs from my wireless keyboard. This allows me to sit in my easy chair and type on a big keyboard while watching my 47" flat panel. What do I need a desktop for, again?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I still need a desktop because I generate documents, and so far Android sucks for generating documents. I still love my Linux and typing on a keyboard, too. For all other/else? Loving the whole Android thang.

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
One unrelated issue to those posted above that I noticed... Click on photo of strain in THCBay and it expands clearly for A brief second before being shaded (Like looking through Dark Sunglasses) when attempting to expand any of the strain images. I am on P.C. with latest version of FireFox and have noticed no other issues, Nice work guys ;)

Im getting the same shaded pics on THCBay. The pic doesnt expand very much either.;)

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Im getting the same shaded pics on THCBay. The pic doesnt expand very much either.;)
screenshot of the shaded pics please and tell me what browser and version your using also thanks :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom