Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bull Trout

Bull Trout

That makes it worth the extra $ than the Drizair 1200 model i have been eyeing. thanks

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I batch mix 55 gallons at a time and hand feed each room with a wand feed to waste into catch buckets..12k rooms are about as big as I like to try and do that with, any bigger and I like feed to waste drippers

Seems like it would be easier to plumb the trays to the condensation pump of the dehumid or setup its own independant pump system instead of dumping buckets. Just thinking out loud- if it ain't broke right? I'm also curious what fertilizers you're using. Thanks for sharing the info @Texas Kid

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

^^^ Sure thing. Tent growers using epaps or gavita one peace units. The test is showing the results on a small scale in order to cater/educate to small grow(s)er (sell units). Both Epaps and Gavita E series are designed for supplemental lighting in green houses. The bulb is what is really the action that is happening in modern gardening not the ballast or the reflector. All the ballast manufactures are chasing a piece of the pie that these new bulbs are cutting up.
This video is a joke. They aren't actually measuring the amount of crossover light the e-pap gives. They only measured the amount of light on the ground. The e-pap is pushing a lot of that light all on the sides of that tent where they didn't measure it. The gavita pushes all the light directly down. If you only have one lamp or are in a tent a Gavita is a better hood for your needs. When you get into big commercial spaces you maximize the sideways throw with long rows of lamps. Something they didn't actually measure at all. They just assumed that the crossover light is on the outer part of their tents and hitting the floor. The real success with the e-pap is that a lot of the light they didn't even measure at all (the stuff hitting the sides of the tent) will end up hitting the canopy of the plants one or two fixtures down your row.

Put four e-paps in a 10x10 tent and you'll see a much different number. I've seen all sorts of measures in e-paps rooms and 800 is pretty low.

Our company has an extensive list of commercial clients and they predominately request Gavita's. These arn't grower's that jumped up to a 100 light facility, these are business men from the Corporate world that contract engineer's and scientist's to research the BEST equipment to use in their situation because they're purchasing 1000-1500 fixtures. If you've watched the YouTube channel you can see our video's transition into testing more sophisticated products to educate commercial growers. The 'small grower's' or 'tent grower's' will be obsolete in 2-3 years.

The reason Gavita is so easy to represent is because of their track record and their business ethics, i.e. they DO NOT SELL DIRECT TO CONSUMER. This is what first pushed us to stock the Gavita because we prefer to work with professional individuals.

That being said I'm not biased, I believe that there are specific uses for BOTH fixtures, however, the E-Pap needs to work on the loss of light at the end of each row, that's a start. Gavita works best when using her penetration ability and E-Pap works very well in a SOG style of growing, were the tops are your main focus.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@greenleaf was telling me about a new DE system coming soon that was supposed to be more advanced/better design than the gavita and controllable by smart phone technology,I wonder if this is it?
Definitely not it....That piece of equipment looks cheap..

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Our company has an extensive list of commercial clients and they predominately request Gavita's. These arn't grower's that jumped up to a 100 light facility, these are business men from the Corporate world that contract engineer's and scientist's to research the BEST equipment to use in their situation because they're purchasing 1000-1500 fixtures. If you've watched the YouTube channel you can see our video's transition into testing more sophisticated products to educate commercial growers. The 'small grower's' or 'tent grower's' will be obsolete in 2-3 years.

The reason Gavita is so easy to represent is because of their track record and their business ethics, i.e. they DO NOT SELL DIRECT TO CONSUMER. This is what first pushed us to stock the Gavita because we prefer to work with professional individuals.

That being said I'm not biased, I believe that there are specific uses for BOTH fixtures, however, the E-Pap needs to work on the loss of light at the end of each row, that's a start. Gavita works best when using her penetration ability and E-Pap works very well in a SOG style of growing, were the tops are your main focus.
So If your Using 6+ lights you should use pap's? and like two to three gavita's? I hear epap's shine is like a daystar and radiant 6 is like gavita. is this true, any experience from the pros?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

So If your Using 6+ lights you should use pap's? and like two to three gavita's? I hear epap's shine is like a daystar and radiant 6 is like gavita. is this true, any experience from the pros?
e-pap would more closely compare to an A-wing and the Gavita a daystar. You have to remember these are meant for supplemental lighting not standalone and the e-pap spreads a TON of light, I would say it covers close to a 4x6 (whether the intensity is there or not) and the Gavita covers a 4x4.5, roughly.

For 6 lights (2 rows of 3) I would run 4 gavitas on each corner and e-paps in the middle.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

E-pap or gavita debate deserves its own thread. Wait- there's already a handful out there..
Either one is taking advantage of the same DE lamps that are going to last longer than the traditional SE lamp. I can hit 2.5# with an Epap. Switching over to a gavita is not going be my silver bullet answer to hitting 3# because other factors are at play here. Go argue this point over HERE

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I just hit #2.48 a light with Kosher Kush in my old school 1k setup with 2 lights a table on 4' centers non air cooled hoods..needless to say I was pretty stoked..lol

I have gpw envy! Lol.
That's impressive.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
(2) 4x8 tables, 10 plants each table, (4) 1000w Lumateks with Radiant 8 non air-cooled hoods..almost 10lbs finished and in the bags....it really screwed up my argument to the higher ups when trying to justify $50,000.00 worth of Gavitas this week..lol

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

that statement is just plain comical. personal growing is rising exponentially nationwide. no sense in potentially hurting your credibility with baseless opinions that trivialize entire segments of the market.

@Texas Kid those leaves are nuts! pushing em out anywhere possible

EveryOneSmokes

EveryOneSmokes

(2) 4x8 tables, 10 plants each table, (4) 1000w Lumateks with Radiant 8 non air-cooled hoods..almost 10lbs finished and in the bags....it really screwed up my argument to the higher ups when trying to justify $50,000.00 worth of Gavitas this week..lol
Great work tex, I'm sure they know ur argument is valid, ur a great grower and all I see from u is professionalism at its best, thanks for all the setup info.. Keep up the great work..

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

that statement is just plain comical. personal growing is rising exponentially nationwide. no sense in potentially hurting your credibility with baseless opinions that trivialize entire segments of the market.

@Texas Kid those leaves are nuts! pushing em out anywhere possible
Let me phrase it differently then.... On a retail perspective the amount of money to be made from 'home grower's' is shrinking...

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Let me phrase it differently then.... On a retail perspective the amount of money to be made from 'home grower's' is shrinking...

Maybe from a light manufacturer perspective but I still disagree if you mean overall market, over half the country is criminalized. We are still a ways off from the major boom in this industry.

Top Bottom