Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

I never realized they were only se version available. I will get them when my hoods and bulbs need replaced
Here is a pic of one in action in a 5X5 tent with a 600W HPS. I am running some test strains for SCS in there right now and they kind of went crazy when I switched them over to 12/12. I like to keep things shorter than this usually but when testing, you never know exactly what you are going to get!
 87Q4356

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

Cheap, I didn't buy any. Low $300s. Cheaper if you buy a lot I'm sure.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Texas Kid @Herb Forester

I just picked up the new solistek ballasts that fire any bulb and there was a little brochure inside for DE MH bulbs in both 6000k and 10,000k. You guys get wind of these yet? I have been itchin for a DE MH for a while now!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I haven't used the MH bulbs yet and pretty much every manufacturer is going to have them with the their name on it but they are all the same..If you thnk about it there is probably one maybe two lamp manufacturing facilities in the the world that can produce DE lamps and they pretty much private label them for any and everybody. I have the new Nanolux versions and they are just like the Philips version just with a different name on the them and different price tag. Same exact performance in the fixtures with the meters under them.

Ill work on some updates, a bunch o crazy stuff kickin right now in the warehouses

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I haven't used the MH bulbs yet and pretty much every manufacturer is going to have them with the their name on it but they are all the same..If you thnk about it there is probably one maybe two lamp manufacturing facilities in the the world that can produce DE lamps and they pretty much private label them for any and everybody. I have the new Nanolux versions and they are just like the Philips version just with a different name on the them and different price tag. Same exact performance in the fixtures with the meters under them.

Ill work on some updates, a bunch o crazy stuff kickin right now in the warehouses
What!? Same performance???? I'm not tryin' to sound like a dick but have you read about the bulb issues @Billyboat had? Nano is throwing out all there bulbs and replacing them with Ushios.

There isn't one bulb that has come close to the original Philips, as per our spectrometer.

Our stance on this fixture has changed dramatically. The owner of MG collaborated with Nano's owner to create this fixture and after avoiding to fix obvious downfalls with it we are distancing ourselves from it.

Coir

Coir

I just picked up the new solistek ballasts that fire any bulb and there was a little brochure inside for DE MH bulbs in both 6000k and 10,000k. You guys get wind of these yet? I have been itchin for a DE MH for a while now!

I used a single ended 10K for the last 2 weeks of my last 2 grows. On the first one, I got a 20% increase in THC and CBD over straight HPS lighting. The second grow samples are at the lab now and I should see the results later today. Three more strains that were just tested after straight HPS and I am hoping to see the same increase from the 10K with them. I'll post the results as soon as I get them. If they come back like the first run did, I will be using the 10K for the last 2 weeks of every grow. We also just grabbed a DE 10K to use but it will be a few more weeks until that area is ready to try it.
I also got a 6K SE that I have been using in veg and for the first two weeks of flower and it's pretty amazing to see how the plants respond to it. I plan on getting some of the 6K and 4K DE's for the new facility we are building.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I haven't had any issues at all with my Nano's and when I put the meter under the Gavita's with the Philips bulbs and under the Nano's with the Nano bulbs there is virtually no difference..that was just my experience so far, that might change tomorrow but as of today, other than price, I haven't seen any dramatic difference in the two setups

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I used a single ended 10K for the last 2 weeks of my last 2 grows. On the first one, I got a 20% increase in THC and CBD over straight HPS lighting.
Coming from you Texas Kid or Cap I take very seriously and seeing the results from the plant in its self sold me
I may be small but the added 600 MH last 2 weeks was a win win IMHO
Thanks for always bringing the New and best to the Table.
Peace FlyJ

sdgrower

sdgrower

@Texas Kid I was wondering if you found the cyco silica to be comparable to fasilitor?
Thanks for all the info and inspiration.
Respect

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

I would like to know where PL's can be purchased for $300....? That doesn't sound accurate.

Where are you and how many are you buying? James Grouzos is the US Sales Engineer 905 563 4133 [email protected]
He walked my grow last year, but I wasn't talking about buying 1 or 2 or 10 or 20.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Coir put me onto these some months ago, but only seen one 10k DE burning so far. I've used regular 10,000K moguls for a few years, think they're from Sunlight. Now with a mix of HPS and CMH, I haven't decided whether to keep using them at the end. My rooms are probably tighter than most, so it's always a hassle changing lamps at that stage.

But I did send out some emails and a cashiers check to buy a couple thousand or so for my mega warehouse. And I too am interested in all things funky town! :cool:

MGRox

MGRox

I apologize to butt in to the thread here, but with the higher K bulbs; have you guys looked into the aquarium trade?

They began using the double ended MH bulbs back in the mid to late 90's. However, whereas in this industry they are called "DE"; in the aquarium industry they are called "HQI" (halogen quartz incandescent). 6500k is about as low of Kelvin as people tend to run on aquariums and you can get the HQI's in 10K, 12K, 15K and 20K.
I believe they top out at 400w for the HQI metal halides for that trade though. (also can get 150 and 250's).

In the aquarium trade they were "advertized" to provide better penetration / intensity for less watts, but they had UV and needed to have a glass lens (with aquariums). This is because UV is removed with the "outer" glass that mogul bulbs have and HQI or DE's do not. UV comes from the Mercury I guess if anyone cares there xD.

sorry again, just wanted to say to check around in the aquarium trade (if ye' haven't.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom