Funkygs Perpetual Grow Diary(no Till/quantum Boards)

• Thread starter FunkyG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FunkyG

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my grow diary! I'm new here so go easy. This is a the journey of me building and maintaining my new legal medical grow. Before this I was suffering in a single 2x3x8 closet for flowering, and a 2x3x4 closet for veg.

It was a great learning experience, but now I'm ready to put on my big boy pants and stretch my legs on what I've learned.

I hope that I can build something that I can scale as I really love growing this plant and fully intend to apply for a license to grow commercially in my state as soon as we legalize(which I would guess will be very soon).

New room design:
(2) 4x4 Tents
(2) 260w QB304 XL 3000k Kits for flowering
(1) 260x QB304 XL 4000k Kits for Veg tent
(1) Platinum LED P150 if I need it for clones or whatever.

Plants will be flowered in 15 gallon no-till pots. I've been doing no-till since I started and just love it. I've never messed with any of the ponics. I just feel like good old dirt is the best growing medium.

I'll start posting pics as soon as stuff starts coming in, but the lights wont even ship till Saturday at the earliest.

F

FunkyG

Things are progressing slowly, lights are on order and placed an order for some new seed for my collection. My seed stock had dwindled down to a single blueberry and some orange hill special. Much needed resupply list below. Should last awhile :D

Blue Dream - Humboldt
Girl Scout Cookies - BC Bud Depot
Skywalker OG Kush - Reserva Privada
Afghan Kush - World of Seeds
Brainstorm - Dutch Passion
Critical Kush - Barney's Farm
Headband - Loud
Pineapple Chunk - Barney's Farm
Blueberry - Dutch Passion
LSD - Barney's Farm
Tangerine Dream - Barney's Farm
Blue Cheese - Barney's Farm
Mazar - Dutch Passion
Orange Hill Special - Dutch Passion
Gorilla Glue
Lost Coast Hashplant - Humboldt
Green Crack - Humboldt
707 Headband - Humboldt
F13 - Regular - DJ Short

F

FunkyG

New tents, ventilation, soil, amendments, and seeds have shipped. I am just waiting on lights to ship now. It is supposed to be ready today. Splurged a little and picked up a new worm inn mega. I've been using a single 55 gallon clear tote and it can be a pain to harvest the castings since i have to do it from the top.

Setting up a new grow is so exciting. This is a huge upgrade for me and should result in a much better yield :) I have been running under a single Platinum P150. Pulling about 1 - 2oz per cycle.

Here is a sample from my current setup. This is heading into cure and will be the retiring batch. She's been ok to me.

Loud Headband
Nice

Last edited:
Leew421

Leew421

What lights and setup are you going to run? That skywalker is good, I'm actually running more now. I got one of my best yields off of it. I got 2.5lbs on one light running 16 in 3 gallons

F

FunkyG

What lights and setup are you going to run? That skywalker is good, I'm actually running more now. I got one of my best yields off of it. I got 2.5lbs on one light running 16 in 3 gallons

I am running 2 4x4 Tents. One for flower one for veg. In the flower tent i'll be running 2x 3000k 260W Quantum Board XL kits.. In the veg 1x 4000k 260W Quantum Board XL Kit.

Will be running them in 15 Gallon No-Till pots.

https://growerslights.com/collectio...hting-group-260-watt-xl-quantum-board-led-kit

To say i'm excited about these new generation of lights is an understatement. Super low draw for the amount of light these diodes can pump out.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews for these Quantum Boards. Can't wait to put them to the test.

Last edited:
F

FunkyG

Nice, I use flouence Bioengineering lights. Good luck on the grow

My decision came down to the SpydrX or these. In the end, being able to build it myself and the major price difference because of it won out. I don't think you can go wrong with either quantum boards or the flouence line of lights though.

If i'm not mistaken both the Flouence and the Quantum Boards use the new Samsung Diodes.. These things are hot shit.

Leew421

Leew421

I haven't seen those in action. A big thing for me was customer service and plug and play. Nick is an outstading person

F

FunkyG

I haven't seen those in action. A big thing for me was customer service and plug and play. Nick is an outstading person

The Quantum Boards are very very easy to put together. No Solder or Heat Compound required because they run at such low temps.

Both HLG and GrowersLights.com have provided super good customer service. I think these days it's the most important thing. You can also pay GrowersLights.com $35 to assemble them for you for plug & play if you like.

I like my platinum p150 for what it is. I'd never buy another Platinum light as long as I live though due to their terrible customer service. My first one went bad and had to exercise the 5 year warranty and it was like pulling teeth trying to get a new light. Took me almost 2 months, lost a plant in flower.

Then in the end he just wanted to send some replacement parts instead of a new light. Was just a really bad experience.

F

FunkyG

Almost everything is here for the new setup... my vent fan didn't come.. looks like they forgot to include it in the shipment cause it says it shipped. Only thing missing is seeds and lights.. Both should be here tomorrow. Got one of the tents setup.. great quality tent.

Stff
Tent

F

FunkyG

Everything is here, let the fun begin! Will be updating throughout the night as I take puff breaks and setup the new room. This afternoon I got the new worm bin setup and running and did a bit of unboxing.. Enjoy!

Seeds from my favorite bank
20171020 135032
20171020 135109
20171020 135114
20171020 135128

Unboxing 4000k 260W XL Quantum Board Kit from HLG - Veg light
20171020 135310
20171020 135554
20171020 135741
20171020 135809
20171020 135838

Building the worm bedding
20171020 171253

20171020 171256

All Done, this is a few layers of wet torn up paper in between each layer is some collard green stems and leaves we had left over from this years garden, and a few apple cores.. a little soil on top to help break down the food and the new worm inn mega is complete!

This bin is where the magic of no till happens.
20171020 185959

F

FunkyG

Holy crap! I have never been so thrilled with lights before. These HLG Quantum Board kits so far meet my excitement factor.. SO BRIGHT!

Looking forward to seeing what they can produce on the vine.

Got the 2nd tent setup and the veg light hung last night before calling it quits. Getting old I can't stay up as late as I use to. I am a early riser though and back at it this morning.
20171020 221410
20171020 221436

F

FunkyG

Good morning THCFam,

A little garden update. What an amazing weekend. Worked on the garden, blue skies, 50 degrees. Couldn't ask for a better fall. Capped it all off with a fire w/ the family last night(wife, son, and mom)..

The veg tent is up and running. More parts on the way to improve the system. We also dropped our first bean.

We finished setting up the tents for the most part. Just waiting on a few ventilation parts to come. Enjoy the process pics from this weekends work.

How my setup will work:
Due to my states medical laws, I can only have 2 plants in flower at a time. We can have up to 9 plants total. I have built out (4) 15 gallon no-till pots. Each pot will rotate between veg and flower. All plants will be taken from clones. We will keep a 3 mother plant collection. King of the hill I guess is fair enough.

Once we grow out a strain, if we like it better than any of the mother plants in my collection. That new mother will take its place in the stable. Once we have the stable of plants we like, we will grow those for a long time. I would like to have a sativa, a cross, and an indica and high CBD in my collection.

I'll grow out from seed a new mother plan which we'll take clones from. They will be rooted in peat discs which have been soaked in aloe vera water and then planted directly to the 15 gallon no till pot where they will veg. I don't like up potting into my no-till pots because it causes to much soil displacement when planting new plants. Just drop em right in and let it go.

My soil base is buildasoils LOS No-till mix which is just down right amazing. Biochar, rice hulls, lavarock, high quality soils and amendments. Amazing dirt.

Filling my pots with my soil mix
20171021 132500

Look at this amazingness!
20171021 132509

Top dress and planted 12 clover cover crop
20171021 155104

1/2" of worm castings for all
20171021 155608

Adding the magic of red wigglers
20171021 160237

20171021 160245

Mulching it all in lightly so the cover crop can still sprout.
Once we have a lush green cover crop we'll mulch it in again 1-3" thick.
20171021 161044

Flower Tent Ready and Waiting
20171022 142653

Dutch Passion Orange Hill Special
This is our initial choice of strain because we've grown it many times before and everyone loves it. Great producer and super tasty.
20171022 123534

20171021 161050
20171021 161056
F

FunkyG

Afternoon THCFam,

Little garden update. I've been saving this single Dutch Passion seed because I had been really impressed with the seeds in this pack. I wanted to wait until I had my new grow setup before getting started and I must say I couldn't be happier.

After a 15hr aloe water soak, and a direct planting to my soil, we have sprouting in 3 days. The new pots are starting to come alive and the cover crop is beginning to sprout for a couple days now under the quantum boards. So far it seems the seeds are absolutely loving the 4000k veg light.

We also transplanted a new aloe vera plant to a bigger pot. We'll use it to take clones and such.

2 days ago all the pots received a watering of root wise mycrobe/enzymes, buildasoil big 6, malted barley powder top dress, and silica. Today they will get just plain RO'd water.
20171025 122146
20171025 122201
20171025 122217
20171025 122220
20171025 122224

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Things are progressing slowly, lights are on order and placed an order for some new seed for my collection. My seed stock had dwindled down to a single blueberry and some orange hill special. Much needed resupply list below. Should last awhile :D

Blue Dream - Humboldt
Girl Scout Cookies - BC Bud Depot
Skywalker OG Kush - Reserva Privada
Afghan Kush - World of Seeds
Brainstorm - Dutch Passion
Critical Kush - Barney's Farm
Headband - Loud
Pineapple Chunk - Barney's Farm
Blueberry - Dutch Passion
LSD - Barney's Farm
Tangerine Dream - Barney's Farm
Blue Cheese - Barney's Farm
Mazar - Dutch Passion
Orange Hill Special - Dutch Passion
Gorilla Glue
Lost Coast Hashplant - Humboldt
Green Crack - Humboldt
707 Headband - Humboldt
F13 - Regular - DJ Short
Man if you get the green crack to pop let me know. I've ordered these beans twice and out of those orders I got one to pop and flower. Then when I cloned her she legit just yellowed and died. To the date it's the only strain I couldn't get to clone! shes fire though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom