Future of the Seed Bizz

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

edelephant

Im seeing more and more "established" so-called breeders in Holland and elsewhere jacking clones from the west coast and knocking them off relabelling or throwing them under "different" company names to avoid the negative press and claiming them as their own work, lol! Even with all the money in the world, originality and creativity cannot be bought. What is that old bible saying "the first shall be last, and the last shall be first"

I like seeing the smaller guys doing there thing regardless, power in numbers, and this is a war of attrition, only way the good, original, creative, and talented breeders can win is if they hit the knock-off artists that pass as breeders with more fucking shit that they can buy up and knock off.

I hope to see more and more serious scientists, researchers, and the like get in cahoots with the renegade no-internet growers to get some ridiculous shit out there. There is a scientific basis in all this at the end of the day, and we can only benefit as a community if we get access to that level of research and experimentation.

im sure theres more i left. i may be back. now where did i put my nachos?

B

British_Hempire

Amen ed, the science has been ignored for too long! Some huge advances in our knowledge of some aspects such as terpenoids has been made in the last 20 years but this work hasn't been applied to seed breeding for the commercial market.

For me, it is hard to see the correct way forward as anything really good just gets knocked of in a cheap femmed version by guys in Spain these days. You can buy femmed knockoffs of half of Shantibaba's strains these days and to me, that's just theft and if i were Shanti, I;d be giving those thieves some grief.

F

FastForward

Unfortunately the vast majority of people, breeders, farmers and smokers, aren't familiar with scientific principles....but I couldn't agree more.

I don't know breeding, or the seed biz, but I do know "Science". Would it help if I wrote a guide to scientific research for farmers? (the main principles to adhere to and why, written in laymans terms)

B

British_Hempire

Me too, experiment design is something that should be covered too cos I'm thoroughly sick of people claiming wierd things with no basis in fact, just some stoned observation that doesn't hold water. (Like it says in my sig) lol

Billygoat

Billygoat

I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. One thing I've been saying for years. These seed companies are charging way to much for their seeds. One company that i've loved for years is Nirvana Seed Co. Some of the first seeds I've bought was their Bubblegum and Blue Mystic. I know you get what you pay for, but if Nirvana can keep their prices and overhead at their rates. Well, so can the rest of the cannabis seed companies.

It's all about the money. I know people have bills and like nice things. I have bills and like to buy nice things, well to a point. I just feel that over the years. Seed companies have been cashing in on the Hype. If i was to take the time. I can prove it to member here. These companies scann these sites. Everytime someone talks over and over about a strain or elite that isn't on the market. There is a made dash to get some seeds out of the so called strain.

Well, I could go on for days about the seed companies. It's not worth it to me and a wash of time. My main upset with them is over priced seeds and selling others work and saying it's their. IE Trainwreck and Green House, It's "E"s hard work and not yours you worthless Piece.

Take care all and good luck with your grows and breeding projects. Nice to see people making their own seeds. Always nice to have a stash. You never know, these online sites could fall one day, or WWIII or something along those lines could happen. Then where would one be at. I've got my stash

F

Frutty_Grower

This is fantastic thread!hey British Hempire,it is always pleasure for me to read your posts.
Every time I learn something new.:420:

K

Keynoah

I might speak for a small percentage of people when I say that some of us are only concerned that we actually are getting what was advertised. I believe that's all we really want both in seeds and everything else for that matter. That said, I tend to stick to the cheaper seeds when I order. I base this on a simple theory. Any genetics shipped across the pond have got to be better than what I have access to here in my area. So far, so good. I don't get huge yields, but we stay supplied and that's all I was after to begin with.

S

Silica

Ive got to say im pretty happy with Subcools advertising techniques and what they say about strains.
Id like other seed companies to say the same.

As for some people yeild or potency is most important.
For some its taste and for some days of flowering is very important.

I like all those and type of highs and aswell all the different phenos expected
should be advertised, not just the 50/50 balance between parents as usually written as sometimes a totally new taste or type of high is brought about.

Top Bottom