G13 Labs - Purple Haze

• Thread starter CaptainHowdy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thanks very much dude :) I thought the same thing before I purchased any but I can honestly say, they're worth every penny. Possibly the best bit of kit in my growing arsenal. I sourced mine from Amazon if that helps dude :)

Thanks for dropping by the garden dude, there's always something going on here. Just harvested a load of seeds from a couple of different mothers. Very pretty looking bunch of magic beans :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Quick glance at the bigger tent :)

And this is the OG. I decided to sacrifice the poor girl in hope of revegging her so I can gain a few clones, with the smell and flavour she's giving off, I'd be a fool to let her go. Totally unexpected considering she was supposed to be a Bubba lol. So I've chopped the top half of her a week or so early and thrown the rest back in the veg tent. Fingers crossed she'll play ball.
Chopped at 54 days of flowering :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thanks very much folks :)

One bunch of seeds are from a Red Poison, with a strong coffee aroma crossed with a large bloomed, earthy flavoured autoflower. The second are from a potent OG crossed with a very fast flowering, Auto Black Domina.
Gonna be testing out this OG cross soon..... once I've made room :)

Just thought I'd get a few pics of the Purple Haze up for you to see. I did take these a couple of days ago so she may look a little different now :)

I can't believe how quickly this plant is re-vegging. This has been back in the veg tent for less than a week and it's already produced this beauty, and now the left over buds are also throwing out some new leaves :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Ah yes, almost forgot, today I threw the Girl Scout Cookie into the flowering tent before I completely run outta room :)

Taken 2 days ago...

And a quick snap taken today :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Oh man, I really hope so. She'll spend the last few days finishing up in the cold conservatory to see if I can encourage some colours to show themselves. This is what G13 have to say :)

Purple Haze is darker than most Sativas more deep green of Afghanis. When exposed to lower temperatures at the end of flowering, leaves and calyxes can rapidly change colour from dark green to lavender or violet and sometime blue.

Fingers crossed :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thank you bro, really enjoying this new little hobby. Now I've just gotta figure out how I'm gonna grow all of these seeds ;)

My OG is revegging nicely, the Purple Haze is finishing up now, I've thrown the Girl Scout Cookie into flower and I'm germinating my next seeds as we speak so everything seems to be going to plan :)

OG Re-veg...

And here's a few (crappy) photos of the GSC...

And a few Cookie clones :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Cheers dude, so glad I gave it a go, the smoke from her is unbelievably good, it would have been a real shame to lose her. Now I can start working on a little OG project ;)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Just taken an early bloom from the Purple Haze to get a little taste to see if I want to re-veg it for further projects. Thought I'd get a few pics up for you to see before I sit it out to dry :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Thanks a lot dude, I'll come in with a report on the Purple Haze soon, she's mostly chopped and drying now.

For now though, have another Cookie while you wait ;)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

I just thought I pop by to finish this Purple Haze grow off.

Everything has been chopped, dried and is curing in the jars, with a final weight of 79 grams plus a few little tester joints along the way & the half ounce early bloom I took down, which I can't complain about considering she was one of two plants under a 90w LED and a few CFL's. She has the potential to easily double that

The smell to the touch is very reminiscent of an old African/Thai type grass but with a sharp, white wine tone running through it. Buds were nicely resinous and rock hard from top to bottom but unfortunately no rainbow of colour this time, she stayed green no matter what I did to her.
Taste is a bit of a weird one. In a joint, it's very grassy... I don't mean a chlorophyll taste btw, I mean like a Thai Stick/Mexican badgrass flavour, which would be fine if the product was grass like in texture, it'd work then, but with the buds looking and feeling like fluffy, skunky nuggs, it's just not quite right.
In a bong/pipe it gets a little better, same flavours as above but a lot mellower, now there's a sweet grape tone coming through but still very little in the flavour department.
However, in a vape, it redeems itself somewhat. There's none of that funky grass taste, that's disappeared completely and its been replaced with an initial taste of those LoveHeart sweets, and on the exhale, something even weirder... Parma Violets.... It's undeniable... nothing tastes like Parma Violets... Except this.... in a vape lol.

The high is another weird one.. On the one hand it gives me loads of energy to get up and start doing something but then 5 minutes in it plays the creeper card and sends a cloud of smoke through my thoughts which means I'm full of energy but too damn spaced to know what to do with it...

Overall though I've gotta say, it's not for me. It's a pleasant enough smoke but that's about it. Pleasant.
Nice to grow from start to finish, no problems on a heavy feed, handled topping really well, really enjoyed it but unfortunately I won't be doing another.

And that's about it really, oh, apart from these, enjoy :)

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

And here's a few more of the Girl Scout Cookie who's moved on from smelling like a freshly baked pie, to giving off an icy, menthol funk. Delicious. Can't wait for her to truly bloom :)

Top Bottom