G13

• Thread starter Josey Wales
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Josey Wales

REEF,

Why has nobody cubed or somehow stabilized and offered a pure g13 seedline? It seems like a great breeding tool for some of us wannabe smalltime personal stash pollen chuckers. Gsus, LP1, killer Q and many other GREAT strains contain G13, seems like it would be fun to play with.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

REEF,

Why has nobody cubed or somehow stabilized and offered a pure g13 seedline? It seems like a great breeding tool for some of us wannabe smalltime personal stash pollen chuckers. Gsus, LP1, killer Q and many other GREAT strains contain G13, seems like it would be fun to play with.

G13 is not available in in pure form friend. G13 is only available in cross version by either Mr nice seeds (skunk#1xg13) and Soma has g13haze male, that he uses to cross with his strains.

no pure g13 available anywhere and most ppl who claim to have the real g13 are just chatting rubbish.

Its a mystery where the g13 has gone but i bet sum1 has it sumwhere?????

read TY#15 article on g13 urban legends

T

Tolpan

I think the real cut is somewhere here at the farm!:rasta:
And I hope soon worked!

Tolpan

N

Nirrity

G13 is not available in in pure form friend.

What about airborne's cut? Cross airborne G13 with something, say Nepalese and repeat 3 times as suggested by Josey: G13 X (G13 X (G13 X Nepalese))= 99% G13 1% Nepalese. lack in vigor but almost pure G13 if selecting from large pool. The question is who really need G13 except overhyped hunters?

R

Reeferman

I do not wish to go into the g13 debate the best version of g13 I have had so far is the airborne g13 cutting , I am about to obtain a cutting that was sold by nevil in 86 to a canadian who has maintained it since .
The nevil cutting does exist still because nevil lost it does not mean that it is gone .
As with NL#5 it was not a clone it was a seed line from washington state .
The G13 cutt is still here I will put a end to the debate about nevils cutt vs airborne vs pacifics very soon .

I also recently bought 70 seeds of shanti's g13 skunk #1 hybrid to examine those as well .
I will announce my intentions with g13 later the AB cut has been important afghani to me in my work it breeds true and imparts strength from the indica side without effecting terpenes profile of the strains I use to breed it with in short its tastes like the father line I use .
I have a rm g13 line that I hope will be at hemp depot soon I used a White widow to outcross the AB cutt and bx'ed 3 times the WW was close to the terpene profile of the g13 but adds a little stretch ! I was trying to use something that would maintain the g13 traits if I used a tasty male it would less authentic .

Reef

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I do not wish to go into the g13 debate the best version of g13 I have had so far is the airborne g13 cutting , I am about to obtain a cutting that was sold by nevil in 86 to a canadian who has maintained it since .
The nevil cutting does exist still because nevil lost it does not mean that it is gone .
As with NL#5 it was not a clone it was a seed line from washington state .
The G13 cutt is still here I will put a end to the debate about nevils cutt vs airborne vs pacifics very soon .

I also recently bought 70 seeds of shanti's g13 skunk #1 hybrid to examine those as well .
I will announce my intentions with g13 later the AB cut has been important afghani to me in my work it breeds true and imparts strength from the indica side without effecting terpenes profile of the strains I use to breed it with in short its tastes like the father line I use .
I have a rm g13 line that I hope will be at hemp depot soon I used a White widow to outcross the AB cutt and bx'ed 3 times the WW was close to the terpene profile of the g13 but adds a little stretch ! I was trying to use something that would maintain the g13 traits if I used a tasty male it would less authentic .

Reef

I look forward to your reports Reef:)

you hear sum crazy stories about g13, the closest ive got to g13 is the g13 haze male cut from Dam that i am using to cross with uk cheese/phsychosis.

Soon available to the farm as freebies

J

Josey Wales

Thats what I meant, the AB-G13. I know it has been very successfull in adding Raw indica potency to crosses, and some fine ass crosses at that. I don't give a shit about the government story, true or not, I just do know, from growing out some of these hybrids that the cut is a good tool.

So, ya REEF, that G-widow sounds like just what I meant.
I remember you use to sell a G13/Black widow that I think was an IBL, is this the cross your are talking about?
PEACE OUT

B

biggs

G13 is not available in in pure form friend. G13 is only available in cross version by either Mr nice seeds (skunk#1xg13) and Soma has g13haze male, that he uses to cross with his strains.

no pure g13 available anywhere and most ppl who claim to have the real g13 are just chatting rubbish.

Its a mystery where the g13 has gone but i bet sum1 has it sumwhere?????

read TY#15 article on g13 urban legends

alright mate. have you checked out doubleds grow. he is growing the original g13 cut from nevelle. check it out.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

alright mate. have you checked out doubleds grow. he is growing the original g13 cut from nevelle. check it out.

I cant agree or disagree with you m8 that Doubleds is growing the real g13 m8, like i have said the closest i have got is g13haze male.

Bh & Herby are the mans for Cannabis history and authenticity:afroweed:

G

Goldenboy

by nevil in 86 dam Reef not to many people got stuf like that kudos. :banana:

R

Reeferman

The g13 haze male is in no way close to g13 I made G13 ab haze that barney's used for cups it has nothing to do with g13 haze male , we found nothing even close to g13 from that male its all haze IMOP.
Reef

N

Nuglover

I've always heard that g13 adds potency but lacked in flavor and yield...and whatever g13 doubleds is growing, it sure as shit is a major yielder. Those plants are freaking big. :)

K

Krip Keeper

I do not wish to go into the g13 debate the best version of g13

Reef

Shanti has said his skunk x g13 had the closest offspring to his g13. This is why i got them myself. I also purchased the ww x g13 in hopes to find the G pheno to work with. I'm anxious to hear your results reef. I know this, my g13/hp from 2004 sinse stock had a great plant that was a keeper and a half. It yielded bad but made up with a comatose buzz. It would end all worries man. good luck on your projects reef! Take care, krip

K

Kalcu

There are better plants than the original G13 cuts anyhow. There was a G13bx a few years back that was as close to the original as some of the cuts. Cuts can "mutate" or deteriorate over time, people taking cuts from cuts, ect. That have been grown in different environments leading to different maturing clones.

I believe the G13 story that I read, that someone smuggled out a box of clones and the cut labeled 13 led to people getting really excited. There are other Government grow programs, I know of at least one state run grow (nothing that fancy, there are seeds on the market that are better).

I am surprised that nobody has gone through ever G13 cross out there and come up with a salvaged result. The G13 bx was really the best, I'm not sure what happened to all those beans when they left.....they were really truly the closet thing.

I did smoke an alleged G13 nug back in 00, it was pretty darn good; best around at this college that had tons of strains.

I'm interesting in growing out some sensi G13 HP, and I think the g13 x chunk looks awesome (but it looks mostly like deep chunk, with better buds). People seem to think that Mr Nice is a waste of money, but there are a lot of HP phenos that pop up.

If anyone has any g13 BX, let us know.

R

Reeferman

I asked Robert Clarke about this story and Sam the skunkman the Umiss program did not grow indica's in that period they did not clone at all .

They grew out large lots of mexican and colombian seeds from busted loads there is no reference anywhere to greenhouse's numbered most of the product was grown behind big fences and was burned on site after it was tested .
That is fact its the facts I buy from people I trust , I my opinion g13 is a really great stout selection from a pre soviet afghai like a very good patrollia headstash .
I use the g13 cutting as I find it breeds true and does not impart flavors in hybrids so the terpene profile is largely contributed by the male I use in the hybrid Burmese x g13 and love potion are perfect examples of this .
~reef~
ps I have g13 bx 3 I used white widow because it had the closest terpene profile to g13 cutting very little taste .

K

Kalcu

Well I thought a girl smuggled the cuttings out (I presume that she took the cuttings off of the plants herself).

I don't see why they wouldn't grow indicas, how would those two know that?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Reef,

Great to see you are going to be playing with Shantis Gunks as I like to call them. There sure is a lot of variation, but dam they are all good, and I would stake my mom selection on you finding that plant your after.

Again, I also find it hard to detect any G13 in the G13 haze and hybrids, as you say its all haze.

I do love me a good G13 hybrid tho.

J

Josey Wales

Vic Highs old killer queen(g13xc99) was an absolutely stunning plant. Think it was the ABG13 but not sure. I would love to see that one recreated.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Yeah, the mother of Vic's killer queen was the AG13.
I could still kick myself in the ass for not buying those beans from heaven's stairway back in the day. Same goes for his space queen.
I've read that the guy who was responsible for getting the original G13 out there was a guy named Sammy Weinstein. I have the 1997 revised edition of the Marijuana Growers Guide by Mel Frank. Supposedly that's Sammy on the back cover gripping a giant bud.
Anyway, I've grown an AG13 hybrid for years. (AG13xFigSkunk/98' Aloha WW (pics in my gallery)) And can see why it's desirable for breeding. The AG13 leaning phenos from the initial cross stayed squat and tight noded, finished in 55 days with nice chunky, sticky colas on a squat bush. The buzz was a rollercoaster ride with force. I still believe it was the AG13 that gave the buzz it's "strange power". The female we selected was F'ing devestating. The F2's a friend made have been a different animal. Show way more sativa traits in every pheno. Good but no "strange power".

Latest posts

Top Bottom