Gage Green's (Purple Elephant x Purple Snowman) x CDSD "Snowman" grow pics

• Thread starter Phate_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phate_

pics before transplant

Hey guys,
Before I leave for a couple days for Xmas, I'll leave you with some shots I took a few minutes ago...so your up to date.;) After I get back, transplant, & move everyone into the flower room (just for more space, still veggin' for a week or 2 more) I'll take some new pics & get 'em up.

I had to make a slight bump up in the Bio Vega to full strength. I should of started at full strength actually. Also I noticed a slight CalMag deficiency. I'm pretty sure I stopped it from causing any problems. Overall though, I'm pleased.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this cross. It's turning out to be a heavy feeder, which I suspected due to It's lineage. It's staying nice & short, with tight node spacing, & a wonderful kind of sweet stench to 'em. Diggin' it!

K guys, Have a great Holiday! Take care.

P1010260
P1010261
P1010262
P1010263
P

Phate_

shots around day 30

Hey guys,

Well It's getting close to the real fun stuff. I haven't determined sex as of yet, but I'm expecting to see pistils any day. Plant 4 is looking like It's a male...It's taller, & slimmer in It's structure. It cleary stands out from the rest, in build.

The other 4 are staying nice & short, & only seem to be filling out rapidly now. All have a wonderful odor, but #1,#2 & #4 are stinkers! I'm keeping #1 as a mother If determined a female. All are showing purple on their arms. Some darker than others.

Here are some shots...oh, I changed plans a little bit. I'm transplanting #1, my fav, in to a 2 gal pot, & letting it veg until sex is shown...If female, keep as mom. Transplant #2,#3 & #5 in to 5 gal smart pots & veg for no more than a week, then flip to 12/12. Depending on stretch, size, & # of females, I'll flower 2 or 3 under my 2 x 600 HPS'

The mix I'm transplanting in to is the same, ammended with Bone & Blood Meal, Epsom Salts, & high K Indonesian Guano.

& a pic of the pack I'm doing next! :D Stoked! Also got a pack of
Grapestomper x GSCDSD. I'm happy as a clam. I'll be running GS x's for years...

P1010264
P1010265
P1010266
P1010270
P

Phate_

Oh, dunno If I documented this on here (THC Farm) so... I realized after a week into this new mix (after 1st transplant) That I needed to adjust my levels, but I didn't adjust high enough. Friday, I think... I fed with full strength Bio V. So, in retrospect...shoulda started full strength Vega like originally planned. Also, in peak growth periods, BioCanna needs supplamental feeding (Thanks Karma!). Using Extreme Serene on top of Vega now.

Tomorrow, I'm feeding with 10 ml Bio Vega, 7ml Liquid Karma, 1ml Humboldt Roots, 5ml CalMag, 4ml Cannazyme. Adjust pH to 6.5

P

Phate_

Looking good man, nice and healthy. That new cross you got sounds like it will be fire.take care peace

Thanks bro! Ya, other than a couple spots...looking pretty good. It looks like you can just feed, feed, feed & she grows! Pretty easy to grow so far, I guess veggin' aint hard though. lol.

Definitley strong genetics though...

Later bro Take care.

P

Phate_

Ok...preflowers are showing...the suspected male, I think I noticed the very beginnings of pollen sacs starting to form. The others, I expect to know by weeks end.

I transplanted plant #2 into a 5 gal smart pot & threw it in the flower room. I'm flipping to 12/12 today. Gonna force sex on that 1...by a day or so...ha. I'm dry, so I need to get this show on the road!

By the looks of things I'm going to flower 3 plants out under the 2 600's HPS'. Pretty sure I'll get 3. I'm kind of worried...thinking I should get another canfilter to keep on standby. The 1 I have is halfway through its life, so I'm worried it wont contain the smell from 3 flowering plants. I'm not saying these are the smelly plants ever or anything, but they do stink as bad as any other I've done...so I'm wondering if the half used filter will cover it? I'll just get another....I'll use it eventually.

I have a nice round shape going on with 4 of em...the male is a different build. Nice even canopies will be achieved easily. Just have to make a few bends here & there. I'll work 'em a bit for the 1st couple weeks of 12/12.

Ok...I'll put up some pics today... I'm also transplanting #3 & 5 soon as/or if confirmed females. I'll leave my favorite, #1 to show sex...if its a girl, I'll keep her as a prospective mom. #3 & #1 look like they have some color change happening, on the edges of the leaves. The green is getting dark. It's hard to see in the pics...hard to see up close actually. Just starting though.

I'll put up a day to day data page when I can. Weeks 2-4.

Ok I'll post my pics tonight, & get weeks 2-4 up. Then I'll be back when sex is determined, & 12/12 is on!

Purple Dank....coming up!

P

Phate_

New Pics

Hey everyone,
I got some more pics, some tried to show what I think is some color cange on the edges of the leaves. I spotted another suspected male #2...so Ill confirm that with pics, when able to see clearly.

P1010281
P1010284
P1010285
P1010282
P1010283
P1010286
P1010287
P1010288
P1010289
P1010290
P

Phate_

Thanks bud....yup that's how I like 'em ..short, squat, & well trained. Ha! These weren't nothing to train though. Clip here, clip there...a bend here. That's it. Didnt work these like I have others. Oh well. Is it just me, or is there some color change going on? I might just be over eager.

Thanks bud. Later.

P

Phate_

pics

here are some pics of the shelf system i'm putting in my veg tent. I also made a lift to set my plants on. It's just some 2'x4's with hardware cloth pulled taught across the top. That way I never have to worry about my plants sitting in any water, also there is a layer of air current underneath. Dunno If it's quite necassarry... but it makes me feel better. ;)

I also confirmed #3 & #5 as females. Pretty sure #1 is as well. That's my keeper...prospective anyway...but sure looks promising.

P1010294
P1010295
P1010296
P1010301
P1010302
P1010304
ftwendy

ftwendy

Lovely carpentry. You will love the shelf... made a huge difference in my tent. Did you use a light meter to create the dimensions for your design?

P

Phate_

No, & now that you mention it I can see that was the next best thing. I used the height avg from the 3 different stages. Bottom being 2ft/pot included, Middle 8" shelf raised 8" top is raided 5" from middle. I figured if I was off a bit, I could easily raise them a tad...or the whole shelf if Moms or 2-4 week old plants get tall.

Thanks bud, great idea!

P

Phate_

update

Hey guys,

I'm all transplanted, & ready to go. Here are some pics, up to now. I ended up going as high as 12ml on the Vega I believe. I'll be flipping to 12/12 any day...wanted 'em to get settled in 1st.

Ok, here are some pics...

P1010309
P1010310
P1010311
P1010312
P

Phate_

Got the tent cleared. I'll be taking a couple cuts from #1 to keep. I also started germinating some Raspberry Bubba x Mendo Montage seeds. It's another unnamed cross that's in testing. I'll put up a separate journal.

I might setup some of my new equipment at a buddies place...If I do, I'll start a much bigger run. I'll let you know guys.

Later.

P

Phate_

We are now in 12/12

Alright, made the flip to 12/12. I have a few pics. Plant 1 is looking so happy. I am impressed. Really happy with how she looks.

P1010316
P1010317
P1010318
P1010319
P

Phate_

No, they aren't stretching much at all...maybe 2-3" so far. I'm bummed that I didn't run more now! Other than a Bubba, I've never had anything that stayed this squat. From what I asked of the parents...it doesn't look like they will stretch much! If that's the case, it'll be in the running for 1 of my favs to grow.

It's pretty easy to grow, just keep feeding! Trained itself really...after topping, & making a bend here & there..it did the rest on its own.

Thanks bud, should be seeing some budset any day!
Take care. Later

P

Phate_

I thought these would at least get to be 4'. That's what I had planned for....now I got a bunch of wasted space....bummer.

Well, in a month I suppose I can throw in a couple of the RB x MM in with 'em.

P

Phate_

Without consulting previous journals...this is what tonight's transition feeding will look like

Bio Vega 8ml, Bio Flores 10ml, Bio Boost 5-7ml, CalMag 5-7ml, Humboldt Roots 1.5ml, Cannazyme 7ml

Then flower nutes week 3 on - starting levels

Bio Flores 12ml, Bio Boost 12ml, Meta K 5ml, Rhizotonic 2ml, C/M 5-7ml, Cannazyme 8ml

P

Phate_

week 1 flower

hey everyone,

Just a few quick shots of my 3 ladies.

P1010339
P1010340
P1010341
P1010342
P1010343
P

Phate_

I think I'll put in a couple stakes in each tonight. Open up the canopy a little, & let some light in. Don't think they'll stretch past 2 feet. Good SOG candidate, maybe.

Top Bottom