• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Are they straying from the books?

I was told the Mountain dies a slow painful death from the poison...[/quo. Yes there adding more or making it more interesting. And blending the books together Still good

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Great finale!! Did Tywin really die? hmmmmmm ....I loved the Hound's fight scene but ain't no way that could ever happen, I know she looks like she'd kick a guy's ass but not the Hound's!

And I knew Oberyn's aide had to be wiping poison on his blades with those rags, guess after the blood transfusion he'll be some kind of mindless monster for Cersei to control. Guess it's time to get some of those books probably be close to a year before they start the next season :(:rolleyes:!

Im pretty sure that last shot was fatal .. Least i fuggin hope so!

Legion

Legion

small spoiler.. nothing major.

Gregor's condition continues to deteriorate. The venom turns the blood in Clegane's body black and any leeches that touch him die instantly. His piss is full of pus, and the venom eats a hole the size of a fist in Clegane's side. His screams of agony are so loud they can be heard in the entire Red Keep, and even wake several people up during the night. Qyburn states upon examining him that it is a wonder the man is still alive, to which Cersei Lannister replied,
“Gregor is a very large man. Also a very stupid one. Too stupid to know when he should die, it seems.”
Insensible and dying, Gregor is brought to the dungeons below the Red Keep, where his screams can no longer be heard, by Qyburn, who is allowed to experiment on him before his impending death. According to Qyburn the poison was manticore venom thickened with sorcery to draw out the Mountain's dying instead of killing instantly.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Here we go again.Another extremely long wait for next season.I did download all 5 books but not sure if I want to read them for fear of the show not living up to them.Decisions,decisions...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah now i need to find out if there gonna.............................................................. Or not.. :D

Shame the season did not end the same way the books did.. Guess we'll find out next season. :D

I did hear a rumor they were stretching the show out to 8 seasons instead of 7.. Partly in due to the writer is so god damn slow writing the books..

So perhaps we'll get even more then 8 seasons.. Time shall tell..

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Case anyone missed the interview.. Cat stark IS NOT coming back from the dead.. She confirmed this herself in an interview... sayd the shows just too short to do to everything in teh books so there focusing on other storys..

Bummer...

aksquid

aksquid

OK I bought the books I guess I will see how it goes I don't want to wait for a year for it to come out.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Great finale!! ....I loved the Hound's fight scene but ain't no way that could ever happen, I know she looks lld ever happen, I know she looks like she'd kick a guy's ass but not the Hound's!
Your post reminds me of the scene in stand by me when vern and teddy are debating who would win in a fight between mighty mouse and super man. Dude, in a show with dragons and giants what really baffles your mind is a girl beating a boy in a sword fight? Really? That's where your suspension of disbelief draws the line? Paging Dr. Freud...

symbiote420

symbiote420

Your post reminds me of the scene in stand by me when vern and teddy are debating who would win in a fight between mighty mouse and super man. Dude, in a show with dragons and giants what really baffles your mind is a girl beating a boy in a sword fight? Really? That's where your suspension of disbelief draws the line? Paging Dr. Freud...

^^^ ??????
Naw my suspension of disbelief comes from post like yours! We've had 10 pages w/o any bs so let's try and keep it that way please.

Don't know how you got it baffled my mind from my post I was only saying the Hound's reputation was that of a certified bad ass ....sword fight or not did you see the way he was pummeling her with blows to the face? Most battle hardened warriors would have folded from them!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

^^^ ??????
Naw my suspension of disbelief comes from post like yours! We've had 10 pages w/o any bs so let's try and keep it that way please.

Don't know how you got it baffled my mind from my post I was only saying the Hound's reputation was that of a certified bad ass ....sword fight or not did you see the way he was pummeling her with blows to the face? Most battle hardened warriors would have folded from them!
That's not what suspension of disbelief means. And what are we supposed to be Keeping a certain way? What, I can't voice my opinion because it differs from yours? Or, I can't sarcastically and humorously point out how your statement can be interpreted as a chauvinistic freudian slip? Why not?

You must have missed that episode where Brianne bested Jamie Lannister in his prime? Maybe you caught the episode where she fought a fucking bear...with a stick sword? Or maybe you need to pay better attention to character build up in season 5?

:D

symbiote420

symbiote420

Well I gave my explanation and it wasn't meant to come off as being chauvinist, we have atleast three women that I know of actively posting in this thread and if they haven't interpreted it as such or said anything about it why draw any attention to it?
I've already said that this was my 1st complete season watching, only caught bits & pieces of the other ones which I'll be catching up on since my pal has burned me a dvd of every season up until now!

Where I'm from being sarcastic is the same as being a dick but if you meant no harm then I call no foul.

DankGanja

DankGanja

i want to read the books but dont want to wreck the surprises in the series....tho ive heard the series doesnt closelt follow the books??

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Where I'm from being sarcastic is the same as being a dick but if you meant no harm then I call no foul.
I think it's probably more localized than regional
Well I gave my explanation and it wasn't meant to come off as being chauvinist, we have atleast three women that I know of actively posting in this thread and if they haven't interpreted it as such or said anything about it why draw any attention to it?
I've already said that this was my 1st complete season watching, only caught bits & pieces of the other ones which I'll be catching up on since my pal has burned me a dvd of every season up until now!

Freudian means unintentional/subconscious. I wasn't implying you were being intentionally chauvinist. Where I'm from sarcasm is sacred and people who don't get it are shunned.

But yeah, they spend a lot of time developing Brianne of Tarth's character. She kicked a lot of ass the last 2 seasons and became one of my favorites.

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Awesome Show!!!
Listened to all the books while working :) I recommend it to all!
Only slightly disappointed. Movies and tv shows are pretty much always a little different than the books they come from...
Can't wait til next season!

Top Bottom