Gavita 1700e LED Light canopy distance

• Thread starter Budbiggieled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

in flower in a good geographic location pretty much from sunrise to sunset.....which would be?
No that is incorrect, 2000 PPFD is only at sun directly overhead, around noon. At sunrise and sunset the PPFD is much lower. Just use google and it will educate you on this.

Anthem

Anthem

again the question was will the plants be ok at 12in in flower with gavitas....just because one person has problems doesnt mean everyone will...why wouldnt you want more information then just one person? so basicallly what your telling this dude is that hes pretty much fucked and there isnt anything he can do because dimming would be a negative out come too (yet hes at 12 in and showing no problems lol)...and again yes 18in would be a good broad recommendation...most ppl dont have everything on point with nutes, c02, and environment 18 would be a safer bet....but alot of the bigger growers in cali are pushing it...like i said go message other ppl and find out for yourself....ppl that have more then just 3 rounds and 2 lights....
First of all, you started out with at 6" is fine, than you moved it to 12", add to this you do not even have personnel experience with the light. I never said I had only 3 rounds with 2 lights. I said I have been running these lights for years.
I get the new way people are on the internet. Be right at all cost.
I wish you the best on your grow.

decept1

decept1

....is the 12inch mark not what the thread is about?? and yes ppl have ran then @ 6in...my account is over 10 years old what r you talking about new?

Anthem

Anthem

....is the 12inch mark not what the thread is about?? and yes ppl have ran then @ 6in...my account is over 10 years old what r you talking about new?
Bottom line 6" will burn the shit out of the plant, been running these lights for years.

decept1

decept1

maybe with your setup....bottom line would be will this dudes plants be ok at 12inches (what the thread is about?).....ppl get so off topic just to try and be right it funny.

Anthem

Anthem

maybe with your setup....bottom line would be will this dudes plants be ok at 12inches (what the thread is about?).....ppl get so off topic just to try and be right it funny.
You are funny, you reach out to people on IG for what to post in a grow forum and you think you are right.
Just goes back to what I said, BE RIGHT AT ALL COST.
but you who has never used the lights knows best.

decept1

decept1

....ive talked to them about this topic way before this thread was created...its about me again....i guess according to you, this guys fucked and we will all see his grow go to shit. which i dont believe.

ive said what i have, and stick behind it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So at the proper distance from the plant, and the lights being 1 foot from each other, is there a certain direction the lights need to be going? Does it matter if the lights are going left to right or should it be going down the row
Pullys and a winch. Either a frame that the lights are attached to or the cable running down the line
in flower in a good geographic location pretty much from sunrise to sunset.....which would be?
3 maybe 4 hrs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These lights and the recommendations are for CO2 supplemented grows... imo if your not running on all cylinders and co2.... you gonna cook the plants at those recommendations.

sshz

sshz

My last comment in this thread. Decept, the issue you fail to see is you are recommending something to a guy who has made loads of mistakes in his grow. He’s hung his lights at ceiling level and can’t make adjustments, he vegged for 2 1/2 months, and god knows what else. To think he will be successful at 6 inches or even 12 inches is extremely doubtful. You can’t make recommendations that apply to very experienced growers and expect a newbie to handle them well. And I’m out of here..........

decept1

decept1

im not recommending anything to anyone...he asked if all things were on point would this be doable and i said it has been done successfully....and then i get all this hate for stating my opinion saying im wrong this or that...i thought forums were for friendly debates and sharing information...not trying to cut each other down....

Johngr

Johngr

I’m on day 24 of flower and I made a rookies mistake.... I didn’t account for the height of my room the be a problem but it is. The girls have legit blown up in flower. I’m running the gavita 1700e and ideally trying to keep the light canopy height 2ft away at 100% power. There are some plants that are only 1ft away and some slightly closer then that. Plants are showing no stress at all in just trying to foresee any problems I’ll have in late flower.I’m growing in coco keep co2 level at 1500 and canopy temperature 75-78 degrees. Question being should I be worried about fox tailing or light stress further into flower? Do I need to find away to further the distance of my light? Any suggestions or options would be appropriated! Thank you
Yeah you can drop down to 16-18 inches cause your not stretching any more and just lower to around 85 percent and then once calyx are formed and pistils changing color lower power again so gou dont burn anything and you keep good flavor

Bcres978

Bcres978

I own this light and have had similar issues 6" and plants burn fast really anything under 18" and I get taco leaves and foxtails

K

Kereau

Gavita recommends 18 inches in flowering, I’ve found 20 inches is better and that’s where I flower them at. Any less than that, the planets will react negatively in various ways. You will need to raise the LED’s 20 inches above your tallest plant, and raise the shorter plants by whatever method you can. Or not, but anything less than18-20 inches away will have issues as you get later in flowering. I have not seen foxtailing, but leaves will start to show some distortion and/or look “off”....... and bud development will suffer.

The key to maximizing these lights is having an even level canopy or you’ll be facing the exact issues you have. Your room looks like it’s off to a great start, but I’m guessing the co2 and/or extended veg time has you in the situation you are now finding yourself in. I‘m getting 53 oz average under each of my Gavita’s, and keeping the plants very short along with strategic defoliation has me getting yield numbers few others are reaching- 2.3 gpw. I hope to do even better with my current crop.

With all that, you need to run the room warmer with LED’s and co2, probably 82-85 degrees is ideal for you. Humidity is also important to have properly set.

Search out my Orange Gasm grow here, as it will give you just about all the info you could probably want answered.........
82-85 degrees totally. What would you suggest the co2 be at? and the humidity at under those conditions also? I'm having the craziest issues of super lack of bud development and trichome production, the attached video I have my room in day 30 at 82 degrees, humidity at 60, intensity at 60%-85% on the lights (should I have it at 100% or higher? it goes to 120%), co2 at 1500 ppm. my feed is at 1100 ppm at 6.0-6.5ph. Do you allow for alot of runoff when you water or do you stack? I haven't been allowing any runoff, when I do it puddles up on my floor too much and creates a slop pond. as you seen in the video tho, leaves look fine, but the buds are way under frosty and I been trying to figure out why for literally a YEAR I can't dial it in, might go back to HPS where none of this ever happened. I'm so frustrated

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

You may have too much light?! How many watts are you running? Are you using extra magnesium?
I had same issue my first two led runs.....i was following manufacturer reccomendation (spectrum king) but it turned out that when you pair several fixtures the crossbeam between each other is just too much and plant were gettin stucked half flowering with no resin....
So i spaced them away, much farther and no more issues as fas as that

Last edited:
K

Kereau

You may have too much light?! How many watts are you running? Are you using extra magnesium?
I had same issue my first two led runs.....i was following manufacturer reccomendation (spectrum king) but it turned out that when you pair several fixtures the crossbeam between each other is just too much and plant were gettin stucked half flowering with no resin....
So i spaced them away, much farther and no more issues as fas as that
They are the 1700e Gavitas, I've had them at 65% intensity and higher. Dont have a ton of ceiling height so I figured turning them down would help but the same thing happened at 65% that happened at 90%. Either way the lights are about 2 feet from the canopy, more in some places. I see other people saying they run those lights at 100% and they are literally touching the lights and they aren't having the same problems. Light meter says 1100ppfd, that doesn't seem like too much light to me. The leaf temps are 78-86 degrees via lazer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom