Gavita 600 Classic Vs 1000 Hps

• Thread starter Stalks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

Unfortunately the only 1k's I have are not gavitas or philips and they're in large air cooled hoods.... so apples to oranges @The Terps . I agree, meters are fun for planning and all, but the proof is in the puddin........ the plants and the flowers are the best meters

Yeah, I've been curious about these lamps for a while and I'm sure others are too, especially when they're used in vert restricted spots like in a basement. Wish me luck

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

Good luck! I wish gavitas web site posted all the spectrums for their bulb they only provide the 1000

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ya 600s are aight lol
CAM01171
CAM01176
CAM01167

These plants are 6' tall and almost 2' off the ground(8'). They swamp a large person easy

LEDSMOKE

LEDSMOKE

So it seems the se is better over the de since the 600 is equal to the 750?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I might take the hood off one of the de's and try @Capulator 's half pipe... I think that's a great solution for avoiding scorched tops. How did the flowers/numbers turn out from that experiment?

I removed all my hoods in my 8' rooms. Works great. This is where I was inspired to do the halfpipe later.

One barebulb hung in the middle of a 10' wide room can light it up wall to wall. Keep the plants lower in the middle and let them grow up to the ceiling along the walls. I had 3 1k's over 3, 3x6 beds with a walkway on the outer walls. the middle bed I kept all low so I could access the inside, the front and back beds I let grow up on the outsides.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Looks like your tops are getting too close. try taking off the reflector when you get that close. OG's and cookies don't need all that light anyway.
Yes they did a little for sure. Living and learning. Noting and applying some different things for next round. That round goes into beds in a week

lollipopman

lollipopman

Just started flowering the room... I'll keep this thread updated with results

Happy Spring fellas
So how did the 600se work out for ya?

From what I've been reading on lumenhort.com the se is the same as the de, they just welded it together in a se bulb type. I'm thinking they are about to come out with a 1000w se 400v hps.

Can you run the 600se gavita bulb vertical? I'm about to build a vert room if I can run the 600's instead of 1ks I'll be one happy camper. @Capulator

Last edited:
Billyboat

Billyboat

So how did the 600se work out for ya?

From what I've been reading on lumenhort.com the se is the same as the de, they just welded it together in a se bulb type. I'm thinking they are about to come out with a 1000w se 400v hps.

Can you run the 600se gavita bulb vertical? I'm about to build a vert room if I can run the 600's instead of 1ks I'll be one happy camper. @Capulator

Yes the 600 SE can be run vertical.

lollipopman

lollipopman

@Billyboat what's your thought on running the 600 se vert instead of traditional 1k bulbs

ftwendy

ftwendy

Room is killer. The 600 SE's are not quite as productive as the DE's, but for the price its hard to beat them. That said, the SE's run vert are awesome too... I've just found it tough to find the se bulbs separate from the fixtures. I bought three more DE's if it says how satisfied I am with them ;)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
4 weeks in and I am loving my 6/750s and so are the ladies - never seen such frost so early - got my first bill and looks to be about 75 bucks cheaper than last year at this time - at 400 bucks a light the will all pay for themselves in no time - that is assuming of course my yield doesnt go down

heres day 28
Gg28

lollipopman

lollipopman

4 weeks in and I am loving my 6/750s and so are the ladies - never seen such frost so early - got my first bill and looks to be about 75 bucks cheaper than last year at this time - at 400 bucks a light the will all pay for themselves in no time - that is assuming of course my yield doesnt go down

heres day 28
View attachment 520748
I think your yield will go up 15% even tho you dropped wattage

Top Bottom