Gavita Lighting Sold To Scotts Miracle-gro For $136 Million

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
ken dog

ken dog

It's better than billions starving... And better than the massive Global unrest that would ensue afterwards.

chronic68

chronic68

Yeah, they have some black marks that's for sure... Not to mention the DDT fiasco 50 years ago.
That said, they are an important player in global food production.
damn dude no malice here but you are a punching bag you encourage businesses to treat you badly and when you hear a major corporation like Monsanto feed and sells the american public poison while hurting the economy the middle class and the environment your answer is yah but there good at it. your spineless stop being there bitch....ok im stepping off my soap box now

ken dog

ken dog

Regarding being somebody's bitch... That's not happening or hasn't happened.

I don't follow the crowd when it comes to propaganda and mindless brainwashing... and drinking the Kool-Aid that certain environmentalists want to feed us.

I've provided links, and I've shown that Monsanto is a global player and necessary for civilization.

I love Monsanto.

chronic68

chronic68

Regarding being somebody's bitch... That's not happening or hasn't happened.

I don't follow the crowd when it comes to propaganda and mindless brainwashing... and drinking the Kool-Aid that certain environmentalists want to feed us.

I've provided links, and I've shown that Monsanto is a global player and necessary for civilization.

I love Monsanto.
what links? and for someone not drinking the kool aid your breath smells like monsanto brand grape

ken dog

ken dog

what links? and for someone not drinking the kool aid your breath smells like monsanto brand grape

Funny Kool-aid comment.:)

The links are posted throughout this thread... But here they are again.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-study-prove-monsanto-company-is-killing.aspx
Fair use exerpt:
It's critical to go over a few things before we dig into the study. First, Monsanto doesn't produce a single neonicotinoid, although it is developing a new portfolio of products that could save honey bees

http://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2013/05/15/monsanto_more_saint_than_sinner_106533.html
Fair use exerpt:
Monsanto's noble efforts have garnered the adoration of numerous, notable do-gooders, including philanthropist Bill Gates and agricultural scientist Norman Borlaug, the Nobel Peace Prize winner whose dwarf wheat revolutionized agriculture, saving an estimated one billion lives from starvation.

ken dog

ken dog

Now now, no need to create a straw man by saying that Bill Gates is my moral compass.
I will not argue Straw Men of other people's creative creation.

SpiderK

SpiderK

........... " in order to cut greenhouse gases, we need to lower population, and thanks to vaccines, we should be able to lower the earth’s population by at least 10% " ............

bill " kill bill " gates quote at T.E.D presentation

ken dog

ken dog

........... " in order to cut greenhouse gases, we need to lower population, and thanks to vaccines, we should be able to lower the earth’s population by at least 10% " ............

bill " kill bill " gates quote at T.E.D presentation
Perfect example of a straw man.

SpiderK

SpiderK

no, it exposes wrong use of " straw man " comment ....

carry on.

Mwcpopcorn

ken dog

ken dog

I'll leave you guys to your Everything Monsanto bashing thread. :)

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

wow ken dog.

i cash crop farmed in my past life.
never grew a gmo crop, never would never will.

Google, 58 must see documentaries , or the world according to Monsanto

Monsanto in one of the best things to happen to the human race... They have alone staved off starvation for millions and millions of people worldwide.

I love Monsanto... And what they bring to the table.

TrubldBreeze

TrubldBreeze

Yeah, they have some black marks that's for sure... Not to mention the DDT fiasco 50 years ago.
That said, they are an important player in global food production.

They may be a player but they certainly aren't needed for food production. Heirloom crops and responsible organic farming practices can easily feed the entire world. You may not have your 16oz steak at every meal but everyone could easily have all the rice, beans, and produce they could want if we all farmed the natural way. Greed and power are what drives Monsanto, nothing else, and certainly not a desire to feed the world.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
wow ken dog.

i cash crop farmed in my past life.
never grew a gmo crop, never would never will.

Google, 58 must see documentaries , or the world according to Monsanto
Beans soy beans or meal hard to find non gmo. I am paying 1,400. a ton for 45% protein soymeal..
220. per ton for non gmo corn, add another 90. for organic mineral and vitamins chicken feed aint cheap..But our eggs are the very best as well as our meat chickens..
So what are you growing and how much if I can ask????

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
They may be a player but they certainly aren't needed for food production. Heirloom crops and responsible organic farming practices can easily feed the entire world. You may not have your 16oz steak at every meal but everyone could easily have all the rice, beans, and produce they could want if we all farmed the natural way. Greed and power are what drives Monsanto, nothing else, and certainly not a desire to feed the world.

15 years ago when we started farming we were on to the GMOs.As stated we make our own feed.
Even if safe the other factors such as patent rights are bad for small farmers..
glyphosate more and more bad news about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom