Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmer MIke

Hi, guys look like its an old post but maybe it's even better as new technology arrived.
i am just starting to grow and looking for the perfect set up.
my question is very simple:
many people telling me that i can use only Gavita pro 300 LEP for the all process , is that correct ???
can i really save so much electricity and not need to use the 1000w ???
thank you

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hi, guys look like its an old post but maybe it's even better as new technology arrived.
i am just starting to grow and looking for the perfect set up.
my question is very simple:
many people telling me that i can use only Gavita pro 300 LEP for the all process , is that correct ???
can i really save so much electricity and not need to use the 1000w ???
thank you

No. This is incorrect. If you want a complete spectrum, run one 300W LEP and one Gavita 1000 de, their double ended HPS system. This pair of fixtures would handle all plant growth tasks save cloning (too powerful, unless your clone tray is 3 metres from the bulb!) for a full three years without bulb changes. That is a big cost savings!

F

farmer MIke

Hi, first thank you for responding so fast .
so if i am setting up in a room 5 lights in a row , you suggesting i will put 5 300w and 5 1000w lights in this same room right next to each other???
also how big of an area, how many plants/yield i can get from that.

ttystikk

ttystikk

so if i am setting up in a room 5 lights in a row , you suggesting i will put 5 300w and 5 1000w lights in this same room right next to each other???

Place your lighting according to the space, what are the dimensions?

M

maxwell murder

the leps are full spectrum if you look at the spectrum you'll see almost a 1/2 circle of color (that plants see) compared to a few spikes here and there when looking at regular h.i.d. hps or mh spectrums.
the leps are great for a 3x3 canopy 12- 18" above. there are 2 lep 300's- one is heavier with cooling fins all over like an amp for your car's subwoofer and the other is much lighter but you need to air-cool it. same light/ different options, both 1200 bucks. i got one last year and put it between 2 600 watt gavita's over a 3x6 canopy looking for quality but wasn't able to keep up with the gpw. the gavita 600's are actually 660 watts. i put the lep in a 3x3 veg area and get killer results. you can veg with a lep and put the clone outside without any droop or harding off, at least i have, you may have different results. you canno't flower with an lep alone, you'll be bummed. they sound spendy but the lamps are supposed to last something like 3 years depending on 12 or 18 hrs of use and put off very little heat. my old veg was a 1k super blue horti mh which put off a ton of heat and was replaced at least twice a year for best results and cost over 2 hundie for lamp replacement.

B

BioNerd

Where are the images? :( I registered to see this amazing grow but then the images are broken :meh:

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

FYI for anyone interested, we rep a light here in the US using the same LEP technology, the light is multivolt and can be connected to 110-277. Its a "highbay" fixture and we sell them for $1,000 each plus shipping.
How about some pics or more info?

Coir

Coir

here is the link to Luxim's website (the manufacturer) http://luxim.com/products/high-bay-lighting

We rep the exact lights listed. The STA-41-01 gives out a higher volume of lumens, but the STA-41-02 gives a better quality of light, I have seen posts on other sites that say the difference is not much so go for the higher lumen output. This is a new use area for us with the lights, but I can tell you these lights put out a huge amount of light. We just installed some in a auto dealership's mechanics bay replacing 360 watt MH lamps. Prior to the install I used a light meter to test the Foot candles. I measured the foot candles from the same spot under the old and new fixture which was about 22 feet from the meter and the old fixture was putting out 12 foot candles of light, the new fixture put out 36 foot candles of light. The other good thing is these lights are cool to the touch and can run off of 110 consuming about 260 watts. Feel free to email me or PM me for more details. The lights have a 5 year factory warranty and if you aren't happy with them, return it within 30 days for a full refund minus shipping costs.

Any pictures of the actual fixtures and where do they ship from?

Thanks.

Quadchomes

Quadchomes

Any chance of mounting that ballast sideways? 2' fixture eats away hard at your ceiling height.

fractal

fractal

Someone tell me WHAT is the diff between the single ended mogul base Gavita Pro lights, and their double ended counterparts running the same ballast and reflector? Other than lesbians might be more into the double ended version, is there a difference in the spectrum produced by the lamp?

What is the point of double ended lamps, if they don't produce a better spectrum? I would rather go with the mogul base version and its cheaper replacement bulbs than the new DE fixtures unless there is a real difference.

chazbolin

chazbolin

Someone tell me WHAT is the diff between the single ended mogul base Gavita Pro lights, and their double ended counterparts running the same ballast and reflector? Other than lesbians might be more into the double ended version, is there a difference in the spectrum produced by the lamp?

They strike faster with two live ends. This is of value in greenhouses where lighting controllers would be turning them on and off based on ambient sunlight conditions changing. For indoor that is not an issue and the spectral characteristics of HPS whether it be a DE or a mogul base lamp are not going to be of any significant difference.

fractal

fractal

Very good reply thank you. Makes perfect sense. Funny how gavita took so long to come out with a normal looking fixture. . . I remember laughing at their bulbs with the half coated internal reflector 10 years ago at the hydro shop I worked at wondering who the hell would use those. Their Pro line of lamps is just pure badassery, never seen anything like it.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

High everyone :D I am a rep from Dimlux lights. I would like to know if any of you have had the opportunity to use our lights and what your experiences are. I am here to learn from the community and assist in any way I can. I appreciate any information given that pertains to my inquiry. Thanks so much!
i have a question when do you plan to drop your prices by 150 bucks per unit ..
Sales must be hurting

mancdank

mancdank

High everyone :D I am a rep from Dimlux lights. I would like to know if any of you have had the opportunity to use our lights and what your experiences are. I am here to learn from the community and assist in any way I can. I appreciate any information given that pertains to my inquiry. Thanks so much!
I've been looking at replacing all my lighting but it's a big decision and big money so atm I'm running a few tester rooms I'm planning on running a 8x4 with 2 x 600w standard digital 230v another with a 1000w de 400v and another with 3x 315 I've already got the gear to test the 1000w de and the standards I have 100s lying around ive been looking at the dimlux 315s but they seem a little over priced compared to there competitors can u tell me what justifies the price increase and will it ACTUALLY translate into bigger returns on the investment

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Best bang for the buck is nano lux presently my indoor days are over for a bit.
To much traffic with doctors and nurses and family at the farm taking care of my father presently so its all out door few plant grows .

But when i do fire up plans are to invest in nanolux dual 600's inbetween 1215 watt nano's 8 light set up just under 10,000 watts in bloom stage 6075 watts usage in veg

have 3 1150 Gavitas preently which i am going to sell shortly and start getting all my lights in order

But dam i really like these 2 k and 6 k light set ups

http://nanoluxtech.com/products/de-dual-600x2/

Last edited:
Top Bottom