• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 45 update.

Cut out superior potash for a few days and from tomorrow I will be dropping all feed down to 1.2 ec, Bud XL and Top Shooter at 0.65g/L. This takes ec to 1.6.

But all is looking great and smelling better. The Chemdog D is a little upset from Calmag def. But shell be ok. Caseys are stomping home as per the norm.

Killa Queen has behaved herself on me this time and not gone all stretchy.

Any LSF is being treated daily to a dose of UVC.

Day 45

gavita_test_flower_day_44_1_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_2_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_3_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_4_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_5_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_6_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_7_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_8_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_9_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_10_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_11_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_12_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_13_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_14_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_15_.JPG

gavita_test_flower_day_44_16_.JPG

T

turfscience

wow herbal~! what a cool grow!
what is your feeling about the footprint of the LEP? do you see a difference as the plants get closer to the hps lamps? thanks for sharing

S

SofaKingHigh

Looking fierce, Herb. Have you given the nugs a squeeze to feel for any potential increase in fruit density? How about ambient aroma vs. previous grows?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys.

The foot print of the LEP is great, if one isn't restricted by the height of the tent. As shown in the beginning of the thread it clearly covers the full 1.5 m with no problems. Although two would be better.

Overall plants are yet again too close to the lights, I like them a good 18 to 24 inches away but here they are 10 or so.

Sofa, the buds have no give. I will be keeping a very close eye for mould. I would say they stink a little bit more than usual also. More resin, the Chemdog D is just goo!

M

mrinsulator

Looking great herb,

might be a silly question but what is LSM and UVC??

thanks

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking massive already, lols, u got another 30 days for them too! :)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks

LSF is leaf spot fungus. Ot as bad as pm but equally annoying. Can destroy buds if left unchecked. Airborne spores.

Uvc is part of the ultraviolet spectrum. UVA being black light like you have in nightclubs. UVB is what gives you sun burn etc, uvc is very nasty and can actually damage the DNA of what ever is subjected to uvc,

Then there is uvd.... Don't go there.

Uvc is at between 200-300 nm wavelength.

Greens it's amazing isn't it, I find it hard to think I have to get another 20-30 days out of these.

B

biggs

damn herb looking killer bro, i reckon you'll break your own record for yeild from that tent. Their seriously big buds for 45 days. do you think you'll be buying another lep?

L

Learning247

Herb,

Great thread, When I saw the pics of your babies my mouth starting watering (literally) I just happen to be in the market for lights for my flowering room and I was wondering if you can help me with my decision.

1. I have a small setup. 4Lx4Wx8H (in feet) and I were thinking about getting one Gavita Pro 600 and one Gavita Pro 300 LEP for my flowering room, do you think this would be sufficient for my flowering room? Or any HPS system would work for me?

2. The Pro 600 requires 240v of electricity which means you have a 240v connector for your tent?

3. Are you cooling your babies with an AC unit or with just and exhaust fan?

Thank you for your time,
Learning247

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
damn herb looking killer bro, i reckon you'll break your own record for yeild from that tent. Their seriously big buds for 45 days. do you think you'll be buying another lep?

Thanks man. I have already bought 2 more! More threads to come.

Herb,

Great thread, When I saw the pics of your babies my mouth starting watering (literally) I just happen to be in the market for lights for my flowering room and I was wondering if you can help me with my decision.

1. I have a small setup. 4Lx4Wx8H (in feet) and I were thinking about getting one Gavita Pro 600 and one Gavita Pro 300 LEP for my flowering room, do you think this would be sufficient for my flowering room? Or any HPS system would work for me?

2. The Pro 600 requires 240v of electricity which means you have a 240v connector for your tent?

3. Are you cooling your babies with an AC unit or with just and exhaust fan?

Thank you for your time,
Learning247

Thanks learning247'

1, yeah the pro 600 and LEP would rock in that tent. Perfect.

2, yes I have 240/220v I'm in uk!

3, no ac, we tend not to run ac as our temps here in blighty are pretty mild. Just a good 8 inch exhaust and 6 inch intake.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, the plasma is the best indoor light source for vegging bar non. These plants were only vegged with plasma. Use it in flower to mainly increase quality.

L

Learning247

Thanks man. I have already bought 2 more! More threads to come.

Thanks learning247'

1, yeah the pro 600 and LEP would rock in that tent. Perfect.

2, yes I have 240/220v I'm in uk!

3, no ac, we tend not to run ac as our temps here in blighty are pretty mild. Just a good 8 inch exhaust and 6 inch intake.

Thanks Herb!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Beautiful work Herb! After hearing you and Sofa rave about the Gavita's I'm itchin' to switch out my 600W 240V for a double ended 1kW Pro... :thinking

S

SofaKingHigh

Found a picture of our buddy VelvetElvis, all futuristic pimpin'.

http://25.media.invalid.com/tumblr_l1xj7myla81qz96gxo1_500.jpg

I think Gavita needs to be required to put a huge warning label on the side of the box warning n00bs and haters not to stare directly into the SWAGGG!

Side effects include mad envy, excretions of jealousy and moderate to heavy curiosity.

homebrew420

homebrew420

So I am not convinced that this lamp would not work well for flower. Herb have you tried this? Lumen output is real nice for 300w. Spectrum is probably the best I have seen.
Not hating when i put this out there but, at over a $1000 why would anyone purchase one for veg? The amount of time and money it would take to make up that difference in price between the LEP and conventional veg equip seems like multiple years.
So really what I am saying is if its not a new flowering light that reduces energy usage while giving all the standard effects of a 600 or 1000w, what is the selling point?
I really do want to stress the point I am NOT hating. Just at a lose for the point of using these in veg over a HID, T5, or even LEDs?
We use large 4x4 LED panels that we built. These were very expensive! however the fact that we will never have to replace, not true, and they are custom blend of spectrums the energy saved on these over the 1000w, we run 8 sets of these, made sense. We are in a commercial setting though. Paying a higher rate for energy, in fact we are forced to utilize renewable energy source costing us more than standard commercial rates. Again cost savings down the line is what we look at. I do understand this is of course true in everyone's situation, regardless of what our rates are.
We are now testing out 4 different blended spectrum LEDs in a 4 single square foot sections flowering on a 4x4 ebb/flow table. I will post be a quick thread about this in a few days or so. They work. Just not sure how well yet.
Great thread and thanks Herb for sheding some light on this new and exciting lighting tech.

Peace

ttystikk

ttystikk

Homebrew, nice to see you again!

To answer your questions, Herbalizor is running the LEP in both veg and flower, not just veg. Also, he's fully willing to admit the LEP technology is in its relative infancy and can only improve and become more affordable over time. Keep in mind LED has quite a head start on this process.

LEP seems to be producing better quality and helps out with yield far beyond its apparent wattage when used as a lighting supplement in flower. We're all familiar with what HPS alone does, and this is apparently improving on we would generally call good indoor results- that's pretty exciting to me!

As for longevity, LEP promises to drastically outlast HID, even if it's not quite on par with LED just yet. That's a pretty good return on investment, again close to LED over the long term.

Top Bottom