Gavita vs. E-Papillon **Much Anticipated Video**

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Thats a pretty huge difference for sure,that reflector has always seemed less efficient looking to me although i had nothing to base that on,good test!

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

Made the same post in the other thread but here it is:

This video is a joke. They aren't actually measuring the amount of crossover light the e-pap gives. They only measured the amount of light on the ground. The e-pap is pushing a lot of that light all on the sides of that tent where they didn't measure it. The gavita pushes all the light directly down. If you only have one lamp or are in a tent a Gavita is a better hood for your needs. When you get into big commercial spaces you maximize the sideways throw with long rows of lamps. Something they didn't actually measure at all. They just assumed that the crossover light is on the outer part of their tents and hitting the floor. The real success with the e-pap is that a lot of the light they didn't even measure at all (the stuff hitting the sides of the tent) will end up hitting the canopy of the plants one or two fixtures down your row.

Put four e-paps in a 10x10 tent and you'll see a much different number. I've seen all sorts of measures in e-paps rooms and 800 is pretty low.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I don't see the point of purposely lighting walls with horizontal reflectors. Wouldn't it make more sense to even out distribution by proper crossover spacing, putting more light directly into the canopy? My rooms have lots of diffuse light reflected off the walls just from the number of fixtures.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

It isn't supposed to be lighting walls. Commercial facilities are large open rooms with tons of canopy. That's the fallacy of the video. When you have multiple hundred lamp rooms that brights spot on the side of the tent isn't there and it's hitting the canopy of the plants under the next fixture. If you have a tent, get a gavita.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

It isn't supposed to be lighting walls. Commercial facilities are large open rooms with tons of canopy. That's the fallacy of the video. When you have multiple hundred lamp rooms that brights spot on the side of the tent isn't there and it's hitting the canopy of the plants under the next fixture. If you have a tent, get a gavita.
Not many of us are running multiple hundred lamp rooms thumb.To achieve the same level of light in the same room gavita recommended 6 1ks while epap required 9 for the same lighting plan which kind of goes along with the results of the test.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

Yeah you said that already. And some people out here were told by Gavita to put them on three foot centers. While the e-papas said do six foot centers. So "to acheieve the same level of light in the same room" gavita required twice as many fixtures. I don't care what some tech on the website told you. Most are putting all these lamps on 5-6 foot centers.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Ya I like my e paps too...

IMG 20140918 155203891 HDR

Average of 1.6 between 32 harvests, half with no co2.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

No probs with my e-paps other than they run quite a bit hotter than 1kw bulbs under Adjusta-wings.

Desertboy

Desertboy

what g/w are people getting from these? I can consistently take 2g/w from standard MH/HPS lighting when I grow vertically I just wondered how these compare.

I only grow personally so 1 600w lamp provides me over 40oz every 11 weeks (1 week veg and 10 week flower) I'm always interested in new lighting I wonder how these compare for a home user rather than commercial grower.

Can either of these light be hung vertically or are they reflector only style LEP lamps?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

what g/w are people getting from these? I can consistently take 2g/w from standard MH/HPS lighting when I grow vertically I just wondered how these compare.

I only grow personally so 1 600w lamp provides me over 40oz every 11 weeks (1 week veg and 10 week flower) I'm always interested in new lighting I wonder how these compare for a home user rather than commercial grower.

Can either of these light be hung vertically or are they reflector only style LEP lamps?
Best I've heard of was 1.4 grams per watt... In your situation, if you truly are getting 2 per watt I wouldn't change a thing. You're just asking for trouble.

None of the Double Ended tech can be hung vertically, only the single ended 600w Philips bulb with the remote ballast.

Top Bottom