Gavita vs. E-Papillon **Much Anticipated Video**

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sixstring

sixstring

I would have liked to see all those tests mg did in an open room with the same grid placed on the floor instead of a tent with reflective walls.i mean these lights dont even really work in tents lol, I would bet the footprints and micromols/lumens would be much dif between epap and gavita.in my open room the gavita does not put out a square fp.it does feel a bit like we have to beg for any info in some of these threads, and then we get lil tidbits here n there.idk maybe im just not reading into these threads right lol.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Was waiting to see what you came up with but think I'm getting the picture now. All this talking out of school is a little disappointing.
lol, let's get something straight here Herb, I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, simply to report my findings. Whether I went to school for such testing is none of your business and this forum is not a place for me to post my credentials. If you're so concerned about getting the 'right' fixture then grab yourself what's available and do your own side-by-sides. That's the one thing polluting this industry, individuals who want all the data without doing their own research.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I would have liked to see all those tests mg did in an open room with the same grid placed on the floor instead of a tent with reflective walls.i mean these lights dont even really work in tents lol, I would bet the footprints and micromols/lumens would be much dif between epap and gavita.in my open room the gavita does not put out a square fp.it does feel a bit like we have to beg for any info in some of these threads, and then we get lil tidbits here n there.idk maybe im just not reading into these threads right lol.
Six, MG's videos are suppose to help you make decisions not make them for you. I understand every video that we've done can be picked apart but they are just there to offer insight to various questions grower's have. It would take decades of extensive testing to definitively say one things works better then the other.

sixstring

sixstring

@GR33NL3AF I do make my own decisions and im not picking your videos apart.that test would be great for air cooled hoods as thats what we use in a tent.im saying the walls changed the results of a fixture intended for use in wide open spaces.it helps some but with these being so bright I'm sure theres light bouncing all over in the tent.also ill take this opportunity to add that lumens are just as important as mols and or spectrum.we want all 3 for big ops so we get good coverage AND penitration well into the canopy.if it was just about spectum a well desinged l.e.d would always win right? I see some cmh grows that look ok but those plants are tiny for the most part, yet the par and cri is supposedly way better than hps.
on a personal level, when a grower asks me questions about my plants, equipment , nutes or growing style I dont feel threatened or the need to hide any info I may have.i give as much info as possible regardless of how big or small the person asking is.i always have tried to help others with tips and info, and give honest reviews on equipment I have tested which is alot lol.ill be building a few rooms in the near future for myself and others just as I always have.in my room I will probably be mixing gavitas and nanolux with gavitas along the walls and the nanos down the middles, mostly because nano offers more hood options and based on all these light threads these damn fixtures are all very close.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
lol, let's get something straight here Herb, I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, simply to report my findings. Whether I went to school for such testing is none of your business and this forum is not a place for me to post my credentials. If you're so concerned about getting the 'right' fixture then grab yourself what's available and do your own side-by-sides. That's the one thing polluting this industry, individuals who want all the data without doing their own research.

That's the one thing polluting this industry, individuals who want all the data without doing their own research.

@GR33NL3AF Why do the words "entitlement", or "lazy" come to my mind....... Now that was a general statement, not aimed at anyone in particular......peace ........ Thanks for the video bro

sixstring

sixstring

That's the one thing polluting this industry, individuals who want all the data without doing their own research.

@GR33NL3AF Why do the words "entitlement", or "lazy" come to my mind....... Now that was a general statement, not aimed at anyone in particular......peace ........ Thanks for the video bro
its human nature for new members or old to NOT want to sift through the 50,000 threads or over 1 million posts here to find answers to their questions lol.are we here for bragging only or to share info methods and pics?
green has made reference to 100 and 200 light grows repeatedly as if he really knows his stuff so guys are asking him technical questions about what he sells because they /I believe he knows what he is talking about based on past posts.how many 100 light ops do you see here at the farm? Anybody? Maybe TK if you add all his builds together or doc Dre . so that reference to 200 light ops is for what? See now im going off track over a simple question lol.think im about done with this topic.....cooltubes rock :)

Offdarips

Offdarips

It really all boils down to YOUR APPLICATION. Closet growers and those outside the commercial world, don't buy paps. Gavita has a much harder downward throw of light which would make it the more practical grow for a smaller grow. Now on a commercial grow the ePap is in many cases a better option. The real key here is the reflector like others have mentioned. For growers with no plant count restrictions growing large numbers of small plants (focusing on tops) EPAP IS HANDS DOWN YOUR BEST OPTION. The reflector is made to project a large spread (up to 5x6). While it does have SOME decent downward penetration, it's real strength is that it can illuminate an extremely large area very well. Don't get me wrong, I have seems seen some setups with TREES rocking paps doing very well. 3.4per light on a 60 dayer, that's not a typo. I've suggested to Lights Interaction on numerous occasions they make a "perimeter" reflector for lights on the side rows. The one (albeit slight) downside to paps is you are illuminating the walls on the perimeter of your grow rather than throwing the light down where you need it. The "side light" thrown is actually what makes the paps special on larger grows, except for on the outer rows. It may not seem like a lot but I'm about MAXIMIZING efficiency and production and any waste is still waste.

Keep in mind these setups were all originally designed for the Dutch market where small plants and greenhouse applications are the most common. These fixtures run hotter and need to be placed higher above the canopy than a traditional hps light. This is due to the fact again they were made for the Dutch greenhouse market that can accommodate for this.

I do agree with whoever said this test does not properly measure the capability and efficiency of these lights on large scale (with the majority of these lights being sold to commercial growers). It does however show the results of a single light in a tent... If that's what you're interested in knowing ;)

Wtf is a PL anyway?

Here's some info on PL lighting
They will customize any lighting for your grow.
Bravo lighting in Denver sells them.

G

Greeninthumb

I found a guy at a trade show going around testing all the reflectors and lamp outputs. He said he was going to publish his findings. I said how do you know how old any of the lamps are in the fixtures your hanging. He said " it doesn't matter" little does he know it DOES matter.
That is the problem I see in the industry. people will put out any info to show they have the best fixtures without really knowing what they are doing. Not pointing to anyone here, but in general.
Talk to someone who really knows their stuff and ask questions.
You can tell who really knows and who doesn't normally.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

You had already sold me on trying some Nano fixtures but I was waiting to hear on the lamp upgrades (as I said in our pm conversation). I'm not impressed with anything from Genesis so far, they don't even have basic terminology straight (from doing my own research). If you're going to boast about being R&D director of a company, I think it's reasonable to ask what you know and decide for ourselves if we're confident in your products. This is exactly why many of us are so confident with Gavita.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You had already sold me on trying some Nano fixtures but I was waiting to hear on the lamp upgrades (as I said in our pm conversation). I'm not impressed with anything from Genesis so far, they don't even have basic terminology straight (from doing my own research). If you're going to boast about being R&D director of a company, I think it's reasonable to ask what you know and decide for ourselves if we're confident in your products. This is exactly why many of us are so confident with Gavita.
LOL because you trust Jair?

Don't use words like 'we're' and 'us', I've never had a customer that's unsatisfied with my answer to a pointless question. I took my time to answer your questions even though they were just that, pointless, you even admitted this through PM. Who cares about UV and Genesis' claims about UVA and UVB, the only output that matters is Micromul (PAR) and Lumens. So to say you're not impressed with Genesis, BEFORE EVEN RUNNING THEIR BULB, is absurd.

I save my time and my knowledge for individuals who are not going to waste it.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Please stop misrepresenting our pm conversation and I will stop wasting your time. Best of luck with your business.

LOL because you trust Jair?

Don't use words like 'we're' and 'us', I've never had a customer that's unsatisfied with my answer to a pointless question. I took my time to answer your questions even though they were just that, pointless, you even admitted this through PM. Who cares about UV and Genesis' claims about UVA and UVB, the only output that matters is Micromul (PAR) and Lumens. So to say you're not impressed with Genesis, BEFORE EVEN RUNNING THEIR BULB, is absurd.

I save my time and my knowledge for individuals who are not going to waste it.

G

Greeninthumb

I saw the new footprints for the PL, Gavita, E-PAP and Hydrofarm DE at the Emerald cup this past weekend. They said it is getting verified by a third party very soon.
The PL BETA reflector out performed all the others hands down.
They hope to release the data soon.
Numbers don't lie..........

MegaWatt

MegaWatt

<div style="text-align: center;"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fpZhR9Z0IQI" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe></div>
<br>
PL Light NXT2: 97.4% efficiency <br>
Competitor A = Gavita 80.7% efficiency <br>
&bull; Competitor B = Agrolux 83.3% efficiency <br>
&bull; Competitor C = Phantom 90.1% efficiency <br>
&bull; Competitor D = ePapillon (Lights Interaction) 86.4% efficiency <br>
<br>
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.megawatthydro.com/en/new...1/med-nxt2-hps-1000w-240v-wphilips-lamp-58140">Click here to go directly to product</a><br>
<br>

Top Bottom