GAVITA

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks cap and I love your product. Been using them for a year now and I don't worry about bugs or sick plants. How are the plants comparing in size vs the 1000's?

Now I am running half pipes around bare 1k's. My vert room is down right now. I am doing beds with 12' ceilings and gavita 1000k DEs on the EL2.

The last run I had with only 600SE vert I about the same yield as when I ran 1k's. When I double stacked a 1k ultrasun over a 600w SE I got some killer results too.

gamegreen210

gamegreen210

Now I am running half pipes around bare 1k's. My vert room is down right now. I am doing beds with 12' ceilings and gavita 1000k DEs on the EL2.

The last run I had with only 600SE vert I about the same yield as when I ran 1k's. When I double stacked a 1k ultrasun over a 600w SE I got some killer results too.
Thanks,i'm gonna buy 3 and do a side by side in a few months.And I'll post the results.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Any feedback on using Gavita's in veg? Is the genesis bulb available and suitable for veg? I want to setup a veg space with Gavi's but don't want to waste my time if they do not perform as well as 1000w MH lamps

M

Mitygrows

I veg with them for 3 week plants are bigger than ever I'm so happy with them I'm going to buy 2 more next week

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Any feedback on using Gavita's in veg? Is the genesis bulb available and suitable for veg? I want to setup a veg space with Gavi's but don't want to waste my time if they do not perform as well as 1000w MH lamps
Genesis may be 4-6 months out... but I will keep this forum posted.

First time gavita owners will notice a difference in growth but the spectrum offered from these bulbs will not be as blue as you want. I would still stick with Horti Blues or MH.

smokie

smokie

Are the Gavita DigiStar 1000E any good compared to the competition?
I do not see alot of the major online retailers carrying them and it makes me wonder why.

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Are the Gavita DigiStar 1000E any good compared to the competition?
I do not see alot of the major online retailers carrying them and it makes me wonder why.
The only down side I've seen with the Digistar is RF.. This makes running the EL controller very difficult.

smokie

smokie

What is the best ballast to run with a ac/de?

Is there one that will properly run the pro plus de bulb and se bulbs?

smokie

smokie

I think i may have to go with the new Solis Tek DE ballast.
It will suopposedly fire off both SE and DE properly and operates at 100-105 khz.

I asked Gavita if their DigiStar 1000E will fire both SE and DE bulbs and this was there reply

Dear xxx,

The Gavita Pro 1000W EL DE bulb is suitable for the DigiStar and does 1950Umol www.gavita-holland.com/index.php/products/lamps/item/gavita-pro-1000w-el-de.html

The Gavita Pro 1000e DE Full Fixture comes with the Gavita Pro Plus 1000W EL DE and does 2100Umol www.gavita-holland.com/index.php/products/lamps/item/gavita-pro-plus-1000w-el-de.html

The DigiStar 1000e runs on a lower frequency than the Gavita Pro 1000e DE Full Fixture so the light output is lower.

The DigiStar is an remote system with a max cable length from ballast to lamp of 4meter 13feet.

Best regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What is the best ballast to run with a ac/de?

Is there one that will properly run the pro plus de bulb and se bulbs?
Go with tried and true, Gavita Pro is on sale right now!

I haven't heard good feedback on Solistek, i.e. we wont sell them.

The digistar E will run both bulbs but if you dont need the controller capability then their Pro ballast is perfect.

Pimp T

Pimp T

@GR33NL3AF Hey I Have A 9Ft Long 8 Ft Wide 8 Ft High Space I Will Only Be Using 3 Wide And 9 Long Of The Space. I Want To Use 2 600e SE's My Temps Are 67F At All Times With No A/C . What BTU Portable A/C Would I Need To Keep Temps At About 75-77?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF Hey I Have A 9Ft Long 8 Ft Wide 8 Ft High Space I Will Only Be Using 3 Wide And 9 Long Of The Space. I Want To Use 2 600e SE's My Temps Are 67F At All Times With No A/C . What BTU Portable A/C Would I Need To Keep Temps At About 75-77?
That may be more a question for @CannabisJohn - I would probably think a 1/2 ton unit 6,000 - 8,000 btus would be overkill. Honestly if the space is predominantly cool good air movement will handle the majority of the heat from those Gavita's.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

i worked in a spot that used solely gavita De 1000's and used same rooms to veg and bloom. I did not like the way the plants looked to the DE HPS spectrum. They grew a bit slower and the foliage never praised the light like a healthy plant under a UV/blue spectrum. If your Vegging in the same room as flower, i could understand using those for veg. Or even switching the bulb out with a DE MH (which i didnt know was out yet, thanks for that!). Im a fan of your work and have followed your posting for years. so i feel my input might be a bit insufficient compared to the work and time youve put in. but my 2 cents - if your rocking seperate veg room, check out the CMH fixtures - my favorite is the Dpapillon (fwiw ive only used the sun system and the dpap). I like these much more than 1000w mh fixtures. and if your looking to save space, the my favorite veg setup is 4-8 light t5's. depending on how long you veg for. I use racks and can use 2 different level to grow on from the same rack, great space saver and makes for a good quick veg time. plus daisy chaining t5 fixtures makes it easier for power. Sunlight supply just came out with thier 240v t5's which is awesome for bigger grows. happy holidays, hope all is well

Sküna

Top Bottom