GAVITA

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

that's called business! I have seen it happen in my other field of income nothing to do with canna and you'll see it everywhere.
enterprise will always breed the Sam Walden and Henry Ford that will produce what the consumer wants for rock bottom
look at bud it has went from underground to dispensaries back to underground all in a couple years
all over money who can produce the most of the best quality cheapest is gonna win period
all just business though
Im happy as fuck to see these big ass hydro grow warehouses move in with all ya need cheap instead these lil hydro shops always
wanting to order what I need
wtf I order shit myself that's why I came to your store I WANT IT now
@trippinballz I agree, Capitalism, but in all honesty, I've found the people that haggle pricing so hard are the ones not making a profit in this industry. The guy's making the serious coin don't haggle shit. You can't go to your local Grocery store and do it, or Home Depot. Why is it acceptable in a Hydro Store? We arn't a flea market or an auction house.

To be frank, when someone comes in and says, "that the best you can do" I say "YES, you're already getting a killer deal on this." 9 out of 10 times they will agree. The 10% that don't are buying one quart of nutrient every couple of months.

trippinballz

trippinballz

Respect Greenleaf. It's a tough biz with a crappy mark up and a clientele that is like no other.

Hagglin with a stack of Ben's in your hand never worked for me. Happened all the time though. I'm not makin a dime.....yer selling pounds for 5K (back then)...and you want a couple bucks off a $15 item I paid $11 for? "Oh....and all you have are $100's?"

The real fun was catching all the shoplifters. One guy grabed a 600 Hortilux and ran out the door.....straight into my best buddy.....who tripped/pushed him down a flight of stairs. Then the guy had the nerve to call me and say he was gonna sue me for injuries...

I'm just glad I got out before the Green Rush/the current class of clowns hit Easy Street. Gotta be REAL fun now that everyone has found their balls and there is a glut of stores...

and then there are the suppliers..... a whole 'nother circus of clowns right there... LOL.

good luck GL

sixstring

sixstring

I find the money a guy has the more shit he wants
For free.i would imagine these guys with 50 to 100 light grows are much harder to deal with then the simple home grower.just like my landscape biz, im working on a big job,3/4 of a million dollar home, the guy throws more money at me bout 2 x a week but he is a complete asshole to work for.my last job was a small 4000.00 landscape, people were damn near broke just getting into their new house but super cool to work for, made my guys lunch and never once questioned my prices.its part of doing retail biz guys.i built my biz on the little guy and those jobs give me the most satisfaction at the end of the day.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Respect Greenleaf. It's a tough biz with a crappy mark up and a clientele that is like no other.

Hagglin with a stack of Ben's in your hand never worked for me. Happened all the time though. I'm not makin a dime.....yer selling pounds for 5K (back then)...and you want a couple bucks off a $15 item I paid $11 for? "Oh....and all you have are $100's?"

The real fun was catching all the shoplifters. One guy grabed a 600 Hortilux and ran out the door.....straight into my best buddy.....who tripped/pushed him down a flight of stairs. Then the guy had the nerve to call me and say he was gonna sue me for injuries...

I'm just glad I got out before the Green Rush/the current class of clowns hit Easy Street. Gotta be REAL fun now that everyone has found their balls and there is a glut of stores...

and then there are the suppliers..... a whole 'nother circus of clowns right there... LOL.

good luck GL
What bullshit... Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you
I find the money a guy has the more shit he wants
For free.i would imagine these guys with 50 to 100 light grows are much harder to deal with then the simple home grower.just like my landscape biz, im working on a big job,3/4 of a million dollar home, the guy throws more money at me bout 2 x a week but he is a complete asshole to work for.my last job was a small 4000.00 landscape, people were damn near broke just getting into their new house but super cool to work for, made my guys lunch and never once questioned my prices.its part of doing retail biz guys.i built my biz on the little guy and those jobs give me the most satisfaction at the end of the day.
I hear yuh Six... Each industry is different but the business generally stays the same and the consumer almost DEFINITELY stays the same. It's really hard to imagine your general Hydro Store will be around for much longer..

colostoney

colostoney

I can't wait to see big brother business smash our local hydro store puke this lil elmer fudd mother fucker is really squeezing the fact he thinks he has a monopoly in the Soco
he don't give any fucking deals and ya with the green rush I want deals and I AM WATCHING my fucking money offer me a product for a quarter less you get my dollar it is enterprise Im a fuckin entrepreneur.
He is an asshole and always thinks im gonna steal treats stoners like shit fuck him.....im like bitch Ill back two uhauls through your front windows and clean this fuckin joint out in two minutes maybe but risk cops over your itty bitty pitty patty dumb shit lmfao whose bitch are you anyway Elmer Fudd?
Suppliers gotta understand just like herbs gear aint worth half what it was a few years ago and fucki don't mind the trade off......no paranoia no police risk cheap fucking gear and balls out weight crankin
It is batter up here in colo just in 2015 we are gonna see a lot more clear just who is a ninja and can drop the dankest bud cheapest on the locals and still bank.
So far it defies all my logic but it definitely going to the crazy fuckin underground
myhats off im too old for the hassle but lol I seen some nutty ballsy HUGE grows this season come out excellent quality that are gonna pinch the rec and med shops in SOCO hard.
Not many old schoolers are working travelers or shippin much soits time to see local zoo play out......lmfao dispensaries in Pueblo are advertising on craigs right next to us gangsters! What does that say?

well haggling on price is sorta different in areas based on different cultures too
growing up in mostly white dominated west i never saw or did much hagglin on price and thought it was rude
but I had a couple good bros from more rural areas a Midwest would always piss me off trying to haggle price
as I got older and traveled more I notice haggling is more common in a lot areas than here especially in poor countries
and rural places in America and certain subcultures it is just common place for a seller to start with a higher price than
they expect and get haggled down a lil while in the west as sellers we are proud to offer our
rock bottom price from the get and are insulted by haggling
Mexico Costa Rica Paraguay Panama and Jamaica is all about haggling with business and I sorta got fucked the first
few trips till ya learn the craft the poorer the country the worse the haggling bonanza fuckin Jamaica
is the absolute haggling capital also by far the poorest place I have ever been
at first I felt like I was being disrespectful offering the vendors less than advertised
price but they usually only expected half to a quarter or less of what they ask and after
ya figure out the jest n get a lil rum buzz n cones in ya it is kinda fun getting good ass deals by negotiating lmfao
it just takes a minute to pull the up tight western stick out your ass n calm down
"No problem mon put it to ya mind ya know"

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You would have to be crazy or have more money than you know what to what to do with to pay more than you have to for any product.As far as small retail operations it isnt the customers boning them its the online retailers they have to compete with that sell at cost+10% that kills them,if it wasnt for them being able to say ''i can get it here for x amount of dollars" they wouldnt have a bargaining chip.Another thing ive noticed lately is cali's sales tax is near 10% and by buying online from a retailer in a different state you can save 10% right off the bat on top of any other savings,at least til they close that loophole lol.I owned an equipment sales company for 20 years and i can tell you price is everything in the mind and wallets of consumers and it should be,all this ''value added'' stuff is bullshit and straight out of a zig ziglar/toyota salesmans playbook,its a marketing tool plain and simple,money talks and bullshit walks.

sixstring

sixstring

well said @fishwhistle .

do they give blow jobs at the grow store???? still cant see how that fit into this convo lol.

internet sales def hurt the small shops.my local store has decent online prices,i can order from my phone while sitting in the parking lot and walk in a grab the order for a good 20% less than ordering at the counter.but i must pay online to get those prices,seems kind dumb to me when im standing there with cash in hand.but thats how my guy rolls and if you know what you want its pretty simple,i just dont like the paper trail it leaves.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

well said @fishwhistle .

do they give blow jobs at the grow store???? still cant see how that fit into this convo lol.

internet sales def hurt the small shops.my local store has decent online prices,i can order from my phone while sitting in the parking lot and walk in a grab the order for a good 20% less than ordering at the counter.but i must pay online to get those prices,seems kind dumb to me when im standing there with cash in hand.but thats how my guy rolls and if you know what you want its pretty simple,i just dont like the paper trail it leaves.

That retailer doesnt want to talk 20% off in the store where others might hear and want the same deal six,Its a vicious circle with online retailers affecting brick and mortar storefronts and one day very soon you will see online retailers being squeezed by big box retailers like home D or Lowes that just havent jumped in with both feet yet,their business model is like walmarts make a little bit on a lot of things,No shipping,hard to compete with that.Then you have the manufacturers/distributors who keep production very low and prices very high and let me tell you the dutch are very good at this!They are the Big Mikes of lighting,lol.Its all about the buck,dont let anyone fool you.

Stalks

Stalks

I just figure if I spend enough money with them and they like me enough they will give me a deal.
Every $500 spent I get $50 store credit so there is %10 plus they'll let me know when sales are. I'm happy with that we don't ask for handouts where I'm from and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that I didn't mean to come across like that lol

GSofMind

GSofMind

I'm working with a 112" ceiling and interested in purchasing some 1000w Gavitas. Obviously I'm under the 10' range, but by 8". I'm I pushing it, or should that be fine?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm working with a 112" ceiling and interested in purchasing some 1000w Gavitas. Obviously I'm under the 10' range, but by 8". I'm I pushing it, or should that be fine?
All about how tall you grow your plants...

I would recommend plenty of sCrog'ing or a ton of smaller plants.

GSofMind

GSofMind

All about how tall you grow your plants...

I would recommend plenty of sCrog'ing or a ton of smaller plants.

In the past, flood & drain tables and 3 gal bags SoG style. Been out the indoor game for 4 years now, but my outdoor experience has give the skills to work a nice SCRoG now. Due to the fact that my county officials are Nazis and struck with the plant counts, the SoG is off the table. I'm working with a 20x10 area for canopy. Wonder how many of the Gavitas I can fit in that space? 6? 8?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

In the past, flood & drain tables and 3 gal bags SoG style. Been out the indoor game for 4 years now, but my outdoor experience has give the skills to work a nice SCRoG now. Due to the fact that my county officials are Nazis and struck with the plant counts, the SoG is off the table. I'm working with a 20x10 area for canopy. Wonder how many of the Gavitas I can fit in that space? 6? 8?
Right on brother, that's a nice space. I would run 8 Gavita's or NL DE's... Here check out both and PM if you want to place the order through Monster Garden's, I'll help you out.
NL DE
https://www.monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=Nano&product_id=3308

Gavita E-Series

Gavita Classic

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Jus instaslled 10 Gavitas 1k e series with an el2 controller, super cool controller, especially the Ecm ports and alarm feature. only thing i didnt like is running all the extra wires to hook the balasts up. I wireless feature would have been tits. mabe nanos are gonna take over if they can produce like the Gavitas do.
IMG 1086
IMG 1166

confu

gamegreen210

gamegreen210

I currently run 3 1000w stacked,naked and surrounded at 19" from the bulbs to plants and some plants even go thru the trellis and get as close as 6-8 inches with no burn. Can i run 600w 400 v bulbs this close?Thanks for any help

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I currently run 3 1000w stacked,naked and surrounded at 19" from the bulbs to plants and some plants even go thru the trellis and get as close as 6-8 inches with no burn. Can i run 600w 400 v bulbs this close?Thanks for any help
That's badass Green! I was actually looking to see how close people were getting their bare 1000w bulbs. I don't have much experience with hanging the 600's but maybe @Capulator will chime in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom