GAVITA

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Nice clean set up! No fans @Capulator ?

I m running a handful(remote) with 36000 btu minisplit two evaporators. 8 vortex fans on floor and 4 16"wind kings on walls and a hand ful of 16" laskos on bases with a CAP LP1 burner 7 min per hour and the temp stays between 78-82.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

8' ceilings and 1k gavitas didnt work out so well for me,had to keep 36-42'' away from canopy and turned down.With the gavita ballast being L shaped you lose another 8-10'' of height also even if you hang them all the way up,so basically 4' of an 8'tall room unusable and thats if your shit is on the floor.IMO gavita 600's or the new 750 are the way to go with 8' ceilings,just add a couple more.The 1Ks i had are now in my sons spot which is an insulated metal building with plenty of ceiling height and he has no issues and can run them closer to 36'' from plants,the extra space above the lights helps a bunch.
View attachment 440850 View attachment 440851 View attachment 440852
8' ceilings are fine. I have been running 1k Gavita's for over a year now in a very hot climate without A/C. I have never had a problem. Your good intention info is wrong and misinforming and just your opinion. I have real world experience with 8' ceilings for the past 23 years. I think my results speak for themselves. Go out and get you some Gavitas and keep things simple.
I read stuff like the post above saying i run them close and with no AC and in a hot climate and i think WTF?,Vastly different experience,lol.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

LOL, I just realized you removed the reflectors... You've essentially made E-paps:hilarious:

waayne

waayne

8' ceilings and 1k gavitas didnt work out so well for me,had to keep 36-42'' away from canopy and turned down.With the gavita ballast being L shaped you lose another 8-10'' of height also even if you hang them all the way up,so basically 4' of an 8'tall room unusable and thats if your shit is on the floor.IMO gavita 600's or the new 750 are the way to go with 8' ceilings,just add a couple more.The 1Ks i had are now in my sons spot which is an insulated metal building with plenty of ceiling height and he has no issues and can run them closer to 36'' from plants,the extra space above the lights helps a bunch.

I read stuff like the post above saying i run them close and with no AC and in a hot climate and i think WTF?,Vastly different experience,lol.
Thank's for the info @fishwhistle
I have nearly 12 foot ceilings,and I'm sure that makes a difference compared to them being mounted at a ceiling height of 8 feet,right against the ceiling.

My setup is more like your sons,and they are fine at 36", I have a SFV OG that has a few tops about 32" away from one of the lights,and they're also looking good so far.....

One thing I am noticing is that I need to be very gradual increasing the light intensity from veg levels ,to the intensity in the flowering room....

soaringfast

soaringfast

I never said I run them close....I will say that I run small plants and run more of them the way it should be done indoors. Big plants belong outside not indoors.

HG23

HG23

Cap, that room looks sick. Would love to see a grow log if you ever get time, I'm sure you're up to all kinds of things these days.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That flat white ceiling will deflect plenty of light back down, and these lights will be surrounded by buds when it is all said and done. 3' from the canopy in all directions 180*.
Knew you'd have a legitimate reason for it! Right on Cap

HeadKracker

HeadKracker

great info in this thread!!! was about to order the 1000e but decided to go with the 750s.. so finally got em ordered today, should be here soon!! 6-750s and the controller...

my homie from my local shop called the distributor today , and they told him they got notice from Gavita about the LEP lights hving probems communicating with the controller.. but nothing about the e series

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

great info in this thread!!! was about to order the 1000e but decided to go with the 750s.. so finally got em ordered today, should be here soon!! 6-750s and the controller...

my homie from my local shop called the distributor today , and they told him they got notice from Gavita about the LEP lights hving probems communicating with the controller.. but nothing about the e series
The Plasmas are not worth the cost... Look into the LEC 315's

The only issues I've heard of from Gavita's tech is their lack of RF shielding which can give the controller issues.

M

Mitygrows

I got 4 1000 can't I just turn them down. Or will it be bad for the bulbs

Top Bottom