Gdp Vs. Urkle Vs. Grape Ape... Same Plant??

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks brothers,,, that was an excellent read on my Sun afternoon! Much appreciation!

And brother, im always all ears when you talk...
Got about 5 weeks left on some Urkles Girl and Sour Urkle.... pics below

Dude has some sick crosses! I was lucky enough to get gifted a few. Its gonna be a few before i can pheno hunt due to I have enough things to deal with at the moment... Besides his urkle cross he sent me, which makes 3 crosses i have now of the urcle, he also sent me Psychotic Kush, a cross of his crazy kush! Im excited to run it this fall!
In the bottom pic you can see that the flowers lowest have some purple shading, our the Urkles girl (urkle x gsc) but i dont see that out of the flowers in the top of the pic which are Sour Urkle (urkle x sour D)... I ran 2 diff phenos of each and both phenos are fairly close to each other... Im trying to figure out which one would be the keeper.

jtrey

jtrey

Been trying to track down the old gdp for the last few yerars around L.A. and can never find it. I ended up running a pack of kens gdp and didnt find shit worth keeping or even close to what i was looking for and the kens cut that floats around is not the one. Just popped some Old School Jamz form Apothecary. It is a grape ape x o.g. . I just want that candy flavor I remember from 05'

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
In the bottom pic you can see that the flowers lowest have some purple shading, our the Urkles girl (urkle x gsc) but i dont see that out of the flowers in the top of the pic which are Sour Urkle (urkle x sour D)... I ran 2 diff phenos of each and both phenos are fairly close to each other... Im trying to figure out which one would be the keeper.
I would wait until you try the final product before making your selection...

Some look good, some smoke good, and some do both.
Been trying to track down the old gdp for the last few yerars around L.A. and can never find it. I ended up running a pack of kens gdp and didnt find shit worth keeping or even close to what i was looking for and the kens cut that floats around is not the one. Just popped some Old School Jamz form Apothecary. It is a grape ape x o.g. . I just want that candy flavor I remember from 05'
If it's the candy your after I would be looking for Urkle. Better flavor IMO...

malamus

malamus

I would wait until you try the final product before making your selection...

Some look good, some smoke good, and some do both.

If it's the candy your after I would be looking for Urkle. Better flavor IMO...
@highersolutions since you're here I wanted to quickly pick your mind. Are you trying to stabilize your purples? I'm trying something similar and am approaching done soon. I'm curious, are you finding the purple trait to breed more true and increase in frequency in your later generations? Do other traits come along with the purpling for you?

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
@highersolutions since you're here I wanted to quickly pick your mind. Are you trying to stabilize your purples?
Hey malamus...which of my purps would you be talking about bro? Pretty much every strain I run gets some degree of purple. And if by stabilize you mean breeding/selecting solely for purple coloring then no. Most my strains end up purple because of the genetics I work with. I don't make selections based on color alone...it's actually a little lower on the list of things I'm looking for. Now if two are very similar in yield, flavor, potency etc... and it's pretty much a toss-up who the winner is but one fades to a nice purple. I would rather take the purp. Just my personal preference.

I'm curious, are you finding the purple trait to breed more true and increase in frequency in your later generations?
Yes and no...it really depends on your parental selection.

Do other traits come along with the purpling for you?

For sure. It really depends on what strain your talking about though. All my purps are quite different.

sun

sun

just for fun a gdp bag seed , looking very broad leaved to me.
IMG 20170426 111309
IMG 20170426 111335
IMG 20170426 111309
IMG 20170426 111335

sun

sun

idk its from a local co op ill try to find the bag in the morning , and put up a picture. the bud was spot on , but as you can see it does,nt look ordinary for gdp.

sun

sun

i dont know if its kens ir not , heres the bag . i dont know if the thc/cbd content is any clue to the cut.the shop cant give me any info because they say its to hard to verify over the phone . ill do some digging around the local community see if i can track down the grower and see what they say
IMG 20170503 083144

Krypto

Krypto

Keep us posted on "jams" bro. . I'd been considering that strain for awhhhhile

Krypto

Krypto

And props to all ya'll for not talking shit on my man Estes.. or Brett for that matter. I use to chop it up with a bay area band M.I.R.V. ..GREATEST bay area band ever. I met Ken back in. 01-02. Great guy! Inspiring story, and killer gear.

Marejuana

Marejuana

That all makes perfectly good sense! Thank you!

I believe I have the Urkle cut from what you described. There is definately no sativa lineage in the genetics, as it has the shortest inter-nodal spacing of any plant I have yet to see. Sometimes I WISH it had some big bud in there, to bring up the height and yield. It definitely needs veg time and lots of roots before it can produce, and like you said small but extremely dense buds. Sometimes an ounce looks like a quarter and friends don't want to be rude, but everyone puts it on the scale in disbelief that those tiny little nugs weigh as much as they do. Very potent psychedelic effects with an unavoidable nap soon to follow. Insomnia's natural cure. Unique one of a kind flavor unlike anything else I've ever smoked. Like some strange perfume with a musky grape overtone. Very floral and berry like. I've only grown it organic with rock phosphate and kelp as the PK, so the flavors I assume are authentic. Completely unique from what is sold in dispensaries and clubs. Glad to know the background on this beauty, and from the information gathered in the last few years, it seems everything you said is pretty similar to what I've learned on my own. :)
I got some Urkels that are blowin up

Krypto

Krypto

Anybody know the lineage of the sweet Irish Kush?
I know subcool and those guys use it for a bunch of crosses but I can't find any information that it's even a kush or an OG or what? Anybody with any info please let me know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom