Gelato leaves drooping and turning yellow

• Thread starter Gen_Chlamydia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gen_Chlamydia

I’ve been growing my gelato strain for around 4 weeks now using Canna terra Vega along with other canna additives. I usually use about 1.5 litres of water every feed which is around 3-4 days. I use ph corrected water every other time to break up the nutrient feeds.

My temperature usually sticks around 26 degrees Celsius and humidity stays around 60%

I came to check on them today and all
The leaves have started dropping and the bottom leaves have started to turn yellow.
I’m not sure if I’ve over watered watered or not but I really didn’t think I did.

I just checked my runoff and I had a ph of 6.4 and an EC of around 0.6

Any ideas on what it could be and how I could fix this issue if it isn’t already too late?

Gelato leaves drooping and turning yellow
Gelato leaves drooping and turning yellow 2
G

Gen_Chlamydia

Water the poor girls.
How big are the pots? 1.5L is not enough. You need to water about 20-30% pot size.
The pots are 20L each. It’ll vary slightly between 1.5 - 2L every 3-4 days. I also let the water sit in the drip tray underneath the fabric pots so the water that falls out is absorbed as well.

Do you think it’s an underwatering issue? I just assumed I was overwatering.

K

knidik

I water my 11L pots every 2-3 days with 1.5L of water when plants are that size.
Did you just water them or is that soil damp from before?

G

Gen_Chlamydia

I water my 11L pots every 2-3 days with 1.5L of water when plants are that size.
Did you just water them or is that soil damp from before?
I only just watered the plant on the left and kept the one on the right dry to see which one gets better.

I assumed it was overwatering because I thought the leaves would be a bit dried up if I was underwatering but they seem thin and floppy.

Do you recommend giving my other plant water as well?

G

Gen_Chlamydia

for reference this photo was taken on Friday.. only 3 days ago

7D667785 8B88 4B8C B1CF EF0900140D2F
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Water slowly so the water will spread evenly in the soil. Add a little and wait a few minutes before adding more. Keep doing it like that until you see runoff. I'd guess about 2 L for a pot the size of the ones you're using.

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower. What’s your ventilation look like? Any fans? ✌️

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I’ve been growing my gelato strain for around 4 weeks now using Canna terra Vega along with other canna additives. I usually use about 1.5 litres of water every feed which is around 3-4 days. I use ph corrected water every other time to break up the nutrient feeds.

My temperature usually sticks around 26 degrees Celsius and humidity stays around 60%

The leaves have started dropping and the bottom leaves have started to turn yellow.
I’m not sure if I’ve over watered watered or not but I really didn’t think I did.

Any ideas on what it could be and how I could fix this issue if it isn’t already too late?
If the water is running out the pot too quickly i would recommend you invest in a sprayer

Cant really say if its over or underwatering

I would give it 1,5-2 liters poke my finger into the soil 3-5 cm if its damp give it some time and water less if its dry in less than 2 days up your watering by a half liter next time and repeat until you hit thier sweet spot

i personally like my plants to dry out in about 3 days and on the fourth day just let her breathe then water.
plants love that oxygen for the roots

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

I only use freedom units so I have no idea what you are watering but they look wilted. I water 20% of the pot volume, slowly.

G

Gen_Chlamydia

Turns out it was an underwatering issue, I gave them both a drink yesterday and they’ve sprung back to life. I think I was pouring the water too fast and the water was bypassing all the roots and rushing out of the fabric pot.

Thanks for everyone’s recommendations and help with this. I was in panic mode!

K

knidik

If that happens you can also wait for the soil to absorb the water by capillary action. It's called bottom feeding and it's a legit way of watering plants. Now if the soil is saturated you don't want to let them sit in it or they'll drown.

Sunasun

Sunasun

For 20 liter sized pot, you need to give about 5-6 liters of water to fully moisten all of your medium.

Top Bottom