Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Asmodeus

Asmodeus

When I was young people said that all the white hairs should have curled up on the buds if it's done. I haven't heard anything about that in 20 years I think. Do you think that's a good method?

I never heard of trichomes before the internet either 🤷
Thats how I gauge it, when all the pistols have turned brown and receed back into the flowers. Some folks go by the color of the trichomes, some do a combination of both

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

When I was young people said that all the white hairs should have curled up on the buds if it's done. I haven't heard anything about that in 20 years I think. Do you think that's a good method?

That’s sorta correct, as in the “hairs” or pistols are white when they first develop for most strains, and as they mature they whither down and darken. But yeah trichomes are the real thing to pay attention to, not on the leaves but the actual buds. Once you see them transition from clear (immature) to cloudy (mature) to amber (degrading) you can assess the ripeness of your flower. Most growers will try to harvest when they’re seeing 80% cloudy 20% amber or somewhere around that mark. Yes trichomes are a newer term for some of us (we called em crystals) , but I think it’s just a more technical term that as you progress as a grower you add to your vocabulary. Terpenes are another term that I’d never heard before I started learning more about growing.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Someone posted this and I jacked it. Hopefully its usefull to you? I do know if you want to use trichomes you should get a magnifying device of some variety there are apps too, though not quite as good.

Image 110716
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

That’s sorta correct, as in the “hairs” or pistols are white when they first develop for most strains, and as they mature they whither down and darken. But yeah trichomes are the real thing to pay attention to, not on the leaves but the actual buds. Once you see them transition from clear (immature) to cloudy (mature) to amber (degrading) you can assess the ripeness of your flower. Most growers will try to harvest when they’re seeing 80% cloudy 20% amber or somewhere around that mark. Yes trichomes are a newer term for some of us (we called em crystals) , but I think it’s just a more technical term that as you progress as a grower you add to your vocabulary. Terpenes are another term that I’d never heard before I started learning more about growing.
Amazing how much we've all learned since we started growing and an aspect of this hobby? I love it. Never stop learning😉

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I've got a couple of lighted jewelry loops, couple magnifying glasses and 2 apps for micro pictures. I even bought a magnifying camera that sits in the garage ignored🤣 Trichomes are the way to go😉

TreeBee

TreeBee

I've got a couple of lighted jewelry loops, couple magnifying glasses and 2 apps for micro pictures. I even bought a magnifying camera that sits in the garage ignored🤣 Trichomes are the way to go😉
Do you like the loops or the glass more? The apps are pretty good for preflowers but I expect the trichomes will be a bit more challenging on the phone. Oh shit I should check for that... oh sorry typing my thoughts. I have/had a magnifying desk clampy light device thingy for fly tying but I am not sure if I still have it. I wonder if it would work... either way do you like the loop or the glass more for trichomes?

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Do you like the loops or the glass more? The apps are pretty good for preflowers but I expect the trichomes will be a bit more challenging on the phone. Oh shit I should check for that... oh sorry typing my thoughts. I have/had a magnifying desk clampy light device thingy for fly tying but I am not sure if I still have it. I wonder if it would work... either way do you like the loop or the glass more for trichomes?
The loops are small and my eyesight ain't what it use to be so I use the phone camera these days.
MagnifierPlus IMG 20230923 160502

TreeBee

TreeBee

I have this app called "Magnifying lens" that popped up on the app market thing that is pretty phenomenal with a good camera. That, reading glasses and zoom and it's pretty impressive.
I have been using an app but I recently dropped my phone and cracked one of the lenses 🥲
They are pretty impressive if you are really stable or have a tripod. My only complaint is the focus function isnt always great. It would be nice if there was a slide bar to manual focus.

dankfrank83

dankfrank83

I have been using an app but I recently dropped my phone and cracked one of the lenses 🥲
They are pretty impressive if you are really stable or have a tripod. My only complaint is the focus function isnt always great. It would be nice if there was a slide bar to manual focus.
Lean on the wall. That's what I do. I shake Oprah's tits in an earthquake otherwise.

Rooke

Rooke

I use TPS ONE a lot, in soil and hydro grows. Not because Im lazy, just got a lot of other stuff going on and it makes life ez..

Cant go wrong with mega crop either, I just hate mixing shit..
I’m using Mega Crop 2 part and it works great what I really like about it is that part B is just nitrogen so come flowering you have full control over it which helps immensely

Latest posts

Top Bottom