getting the girls ready for outside.

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
audius

audius

having a li troubel with the light cycle here,i have been putting my clones outside during the day for about a month now & bringing them in at night. it starts to get light around 6:30 here & dark around 7:30. i put them under a small floresent grow light for about another 4 hrs. i have 2 plants that are trying to bud & i thought i was doing it right, help on this matter pls, also. how do i get the plants used to the outdoor light cycle or should i keep this going till june? i live in so. cal.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

having a li troubel with the light cycle here,i have been putting my clones outside during the day for about a month now & bringing them in at night. it starts to get light around 6:30 here & dark around 7:30. i put them under a small floresent grow light for about another 4 hrs. i have 2 plants that are trying to bud & i thought i was doing it right, help on this matter pls, also. how do i get the plants used to the outdoor light cycle or should i keep this going till june? i live in so. cal.
How mature are the plants?
Are you pumping them with heavy Nitrogen?

audius

audius

dont think so, the gals have had a few feeding with GH floranova grow. there in potting soil

SpiderK

SpiderK

your better off starting over with new seeds. you messed up. san diego w / dawn - dusk is around 14 hrs total the last few weeks.

a plant will not flower under 17,18 hrs of light. so how many times did you pull them in late as it was already dark ? or they are auto flowering - bad genetics.

if they are flowering already reveg 4- weeks before go time is a waste. start new seeds or get a couple clones and put them on 17 hrs of light inside, on a timer and sync it up outdoor schedule. a week before they go out, start giving them a couple hours outside in a shaded area at first around noon.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wouldnt throw the plants out. I would go with the flow.
You dont want them to switch back to veg (reveg)
Reveg plants are weak

So, Keep them in flower ...Light dep them.
Cover them after they have had 12 hours of sunlight
you could harvest in late june and start another round

SpiderK

SpiderK

i don't think he has the time to 12/12 them like us every day for 80.... hence my advice for tossing what he has. it showing stress / flowering early so a reveg at this point before june 1st is a waste ....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i don't think he has the time to 12/12 them like us .... hence my advice for tossing what he has. it showing stress / flowering early so a reveg at this point before june 1st is a waste ....
He had time to bring them in and out of the house.
yes I agree about the reveg...
No reveg...so it keep them in flower...or toss em...

Im covering this plant with a trash can every evening right now in central Ca.
Grapelitedep424

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya but his seen some dark period or they would not have started flowering. he had them on 18's so he messed up along the line. ( my guess they seen some dark periods - even dusk fucks them up. )

the plants can't be shutting down as dusk overcomes them then get put under a light, that stresses them .....if he has the time, sure, he should be doing 12's on his own ..... you can get A+ in a tent 12's outdoors if you do it proper'.

Tent

GOJI EE

BUDDHA

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I would bet that your flor light was too weak and not on for long enough or close enough. I try to give clones lots of intense indoor light when I'm keeping them in veg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He can extend the daylight period, or he can interrupt the dark phase, since he's working with clones. If he'd started with seeds, then extending daylight is the best bet and as long as the dark phase isn't interrupted, it'll work just fine.

In my experience a plant that is rootbound will begin to flower, even if the daylight phase is still getting longer.
Are they root bound? If so you can try up-potting them, depending on how much they're trying to flower. That said, I'm leaning towards Ken's and sanvanalona's advice and just drop a trash can or something over them, let them finish out flowering.

SpiderK

SpiderK

how will he get air circulation under that can & humidity buildup / bud rot late flower ?

my take from his first post is he's getting clones ready for summer run, if so hes not a home gardner that can manage 12 / 12's every day for 70 plus days without fail.

if he was able to manage them 24 / 7 he could just 12 / 12 them june 1st & not have all these worries. if putting clones out june 1st is the plan, should start them under 18's, 17's six weeks in advance & have his dark periods fall in line with the sun / dark periods so its not a shock. eight or ten days before they go outside start giving them a few hours of sun ....... ( this is the way i do it & it never fails )

do not put your plants under those cans unless you have custom airflow pre build underneath. i made that mistake, my tent had passive air blowers pulling fresh air into the tent. without it late season w/ rains humidity builds up fast. prior year lost 40%.

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I get ya. For some reason I thought he's in SoCal... oh yeah, he is. Humidity isn't the issue in SoCal (outside beach areas, maybe) that it is in the midwest, brother. I think he'll be fine. Even so, he can use shadecloth, landscaping cloth, something like that put over the trash can and then just raise the trash can to allow a bit of air flow.

If he's able to move the plants in and out on schedule every day, he's able to do this, IMO. Also, IME, if he tries to get them to go back into a vegging state, he's not only going to lose time (the full process takes at least 6 weeks), he's going to get shitty larf. May as well flower it out small. It's done all the time in Cali, swear to God.

SpiderK

SpiderK

I've done the trash can thing in SoCal,
no issues here.

Santa Ana winds at the moment--
9% humidity...

cool ... g bird, ya midwest is in the 50% humidity range most of the time i tried all sorts of crap. so my only options are fast strains june 1st that finish oct 15th ( no tent ) ...., in my tent no matter what the condensation is evident every morning on the walls in the tent,even in july.

but i still think ventilation air flow is very important and noticed a change once we hooked up the vents.

i started using the tent so i could run my seeds, most of them will not finish outdoor in my area without 12 / 12's.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

so you guys are dealing with low humidity most of the time. .... so they must have better humidity conditions in the green triangle / cali ?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My 1st grow flowered early..and someone told me to light dep em..worked awesome
I have been light depping with plain ole black plastic and hoops for almost 4 years now
Its not Ideal..there is a lot of condensation.
And sometimes I get some bud rot (more like stem rot) But not alot of it.

edit to add; I wouldnt keep doing it, if it didnt work (its a pain)

I wish I could aforrd the Breathable blackout cloth...maybe some day

But, I just thought of something,
I could make a Breathable trashcan , with just a small amount of that fabric!:)

Last edited:
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
so you guys are dealing with low humidity most of the time. .... so they must have better humidity conditions in the green triangle / cali ?

I don't think SoCal is considered part of The Green Triangle,
brown most of the time down here;
down to 7% humidity--
fires starting...

SpiderK

SpiderK

My 1st grow flowered early..and someone told me to light dep em..worked awesome
I have been light depping with plain ole black plastic and hoops for almost 4 years now
Its not Ideal..there is a lot of condensation.
And sometimes I get some bud rot (more like stem rot) But not alot of it.
I wish I could aforrd the Breathable blackout cloth...maybe some day

But, I just thought of something,
I could make a Breathable trashcan this just a small amount of that fabric!:)

i have 2 of these above my tent in a tree pulling in air . ( not this big but look like this. )

Blower

SpiderK

SpiderK

I don't think SoCal is considered part of The Green Triangle,
brown most of the time down here;
down to 7% humidity--
fires starting...

ya .... i was wondering how they grow the monsters / green in 10% humidity in the mid summer. ( green triangle )

so your battling lower humidity w/ higher temps in southern cali . i figured being near the water would raise that up. in my previous post i just figured most of cali had a higher humidity like florida ....

Top Bottom