getting the girls ready for outside.

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
do you have close up bud shots of quality ? great looking cola !

but from my understanding, no way a plants growing in 100 degree temps ( steady temps or just a day or two ? )in low humidity. its a fact the stomata close up in those conditions ( in all plants ), slowing growth ? low humidity forces the quickening of transpiring rate in high heat, it shuts down the plant growth / stress.

is that plant in a field or in your controlled hoop house or shade ?
close up of that plants buds
ARCoz

Leafy Rocks!

all my photos are in my garden in a box/bed

Ewokbed825
Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@SpiderK ;
Here is another Im covering with a trashcan right now
It was too tall so I needed two cans...lol
I also had to top it just before the flip so it would fit.
it made two buds on top :)
Firedogincan430

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The Green Triangle is fairly far up north, and it's in a region considered coastal. Remember, the sequoias of this area get almost *all* their water from the moisture in the air.

SoCal is a Mediterranean climate, so during the months of May-July (sometimes as late as August) if you're within about 25mi of the coast you're going to get what's called June Gloom, which is what is called a marine layer, a layer of low clouds that form just off the coast and move inland, usually no more than 25mi or so. Sometimes Santa Ana conditions will form during that time of year, but usually it's later, from July-October. Kinda surprising that it's happening right now. But then, we're having a heat wave up here that's pretty much unheard of for this time of year.

California has a rather wide range of climates, btw, which is due to a great degree to the topography. The Sierra Nevada range catches rain, and that forms a rain shadow on the eastern scarp. San Diego region tends to get tropical weather systems, and sometimes those will move up as far north as the L.A. basin, but usually not. In the meantime, up in central/northern Cali here, we can get super-dry conditions, or we can get what is called the Pineapple Express, a weather system moving eastward from about the Hawai'ian islands. Then there are the deserts, which are obviously extremely dry. So, it really depends on where you are for the most part.
so you guys are dealing with low humidity most of the time. .... so they must have better humidity conditions in the green triangle / cali ?
I don't know if you'd call it 'better' per se, they have more problems with mold than someone like myself in the Sierra has to deal with, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom