getting the girls ready for outside.

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ya .... i was wondering how they grow the monsters / green in 10% humidity in the mid summer. so your battling lower humidity w/ higher temps.
its going to be close to 90 here today...100's in the summer
I spray my plants down with the mist nozzle hose..(the ones in veg)
I spayed them this morning...some days I spray them 3 times.
They love it! ( I hear it can help with pests too)

SpiderK

SpiderK

ken could you run a mister around the inside of your green house / 5 mil hoop ? ( cost - well water ? )

ive seen misters in az w / hose hooked up via small pvc lines around an outdoor patio, dropped the summer temp ( 105 ) like 25 degrees. constant mist but it did not build up or collect on anything, it was perfect & cheap.

Mist

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im not that high tech Spider ;)

Im Kiss all the way...lol

and my well water would clog misters..I need better filters

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Every year about this time peeps come on the farm asking why their plants are flowering already :)

I was one of em...lol

If you want to put plants out before june, go with seedlings

SpiderK

SpiderK

ken u understand how hard it is growing outdoor. in soil / seasons / changes / rippers / storms / nutes / ... ect ... & yes flowering issues.

you can't just toss a seed in the dirt ....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
one hose. a pvc pipe up one post & you can run flex tubing up top ( pre drilled ) from many stores in az. ive seen your work, you do this in a day no prob ... ;)

then that gear will explode getting 50% humidity like us ... !

http://www.aeromist.com/fogging-systems/fog-kits.html
Yeah, those are great..I have sand in my well water..and I dont have a good enough sand filter at the moment. It clogs up mister nozzles fast

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ken u understand how hard it is growing outdoor. in soil / seasons / changes / rippers / storms / nutes / ... ect ... & yes flowering issues.

you can't just toss a seed in the dirt ....

yes, you actually can, just toss a seed in the dirt :)

Its a weed...it can grow fine all by itself

Better than I can grow it..
Sourpebsandfreinds426

It can be hard...or it can be easy...

SpiderK

SpiderK

Yeah, those are great..I have sand in my well water..and I dont have a good enough sand filter at the moment. It clogs up mister nozzles fast

brutal memories i worked on a water well drilling rig for 2 years working the mud tubs and caring pee gravel for those pvc low slung wells. i'd figure out a filter or something. but one project at a time on that farm! moving lazy cats, and with all the gear your running , its brutal work .... so not pushing anything , lol.

SpiderK

SpiderK

lol, ....

i have some alien fruit growing out of dirt i dumped last year .... i stand corrected,

but ya if you want above c+ outdoor it takes a ton of work. done it all kinds of ways. gorilla is always a step down from the ones in the garden.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
@SpiderK :

5:00PM Pacific
90.6 F;
4% humidity...
Winds: northeast 25 to 40 mph with gusts 40 to 65 mph. Isolated gusts over 75 mph...

SpiderK

SpiderK

@SpiderK :

5:00PM Pacific
90.6 F;
4% humidity...
Winds: northeast 25 to 40 mph with gusts 40 to 65 mph. Isolated gusts over 75 mph...

interesting ... do you grow outdoors in these conditions all summer ? if so, any pictures ?

SpiderK

SpiderK

i already did. with those reading you need humidity, no ? or u get what u get ....

tossing a can or bag over a plant with no airflow is asking for trouble.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
i already did. with those reading you need humidity, no ? or u get what u get ....

tossing a can or bag over a plant with no airflow is asking for trouble.

I don't need no fucking humidity--
my moisture is in the ground...

SpiderK

SpiderK

show me some pics of a+ outdoor with those humidity readings ....

everything i've studied says high temps with low humidity stunts growth via bad transpiring & ideal humidity for plant growth is considered 50% give or take 10%. stomata are effected / close as temps climb with low rh...

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Geo has pics.. He grows Bananas in that heat and dryness

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I wish I could grow Bananas

I grew these in 100 degree heat..
not sure what the humidity was..probably about 25%
Rockcandy6topsflash10 2

SpiderK

SpiderK

.... it's cool man, ....

but if anyone wants to do further research study leaf transpiration & how this effects growth and yield in all plants and adverse conditions & solutions.

peace

SpiderK

SpiderK

do you have close up bud shots of quality ? great looking cola !

but from my understanding, no way a plants growing in 100 degree temps ( steady temps or just a day or two ? )in low humidity. its a fact the stomata close up in those conditions ( in all plants ), slowing growth ? low humidity forces the quickening of transpiring rate in high heat, it shuts down the plant growth / stress.

is that plant in a field or in your controlled hoop house or shade ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom