GGA's skunk #1 under an XS2000!

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I turned up the brightness on my light and did some more training. For some reason the two tops I got from topping were super fragile so I just left them for a while even though they were towering above all the others. I decided it would just be better to cut it off and focus on all the others.
View attachment 1088122

this plant looks very healthy but maybe untie it so the leaves can breath and it can grow to potential. You dont want stale still air pockets and overlapping leaves. Can cause pest and uptake issues.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
this plant looks very healthy but maybe untie it so the leaves can breath and it can grow to potential. You dont want stale still air pockets and overlapping leaves. Can cause pest and uptake issues.
Thanks for the advice.
This is only my 4th grow so I'm still testing out how the plant reacts to different training methods.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Yes.
I was using a vivosun pen which was actually working really well until it just suddenly stopped working. So now I'm using the colour drops until I can afford a real one.

Im kinda jaded on ordering cheap pens but I may have to at first. Its $165 for the bluelab grow kit, while I think its worth it thats alot to put out right now on top of everything else

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Im kinda jaded on ordering cheap pens but I may have to at first. Its $165 for the bluelab grow kit, while I think its worth it thats alot to put out right now on top of everything else
I'm in the same boat. These drops aren't actually too bad and they can't break. It's hard to get an exact reading as it's based on colour but I think I get within 0.1 pH each time. There's at least a 0.1 pH degree of error with cheap pens and they break. Honestly, for me, I don't know if the good ones like bluelabs are worth it. I only get a few oz every few months in my situation so adding more expensive equipment isn't worth the return (At least at this point).

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm in the same boat. These drops aren't actually too bad and they can't break. It's hard to get an exact reading as it's based on colour but I think I get within 0.1 pH each time. There's at least a 0.1 pH degree of error with cheap pens and they break. Honestly, for me, I don't know if the good ones like bluelabs are worth it. I only get a few oz every few months in my situation so adding more expensive equipment isn't worth the return (At least at this point).

i still use drops. Dont want to maintain a pen. I do own a blue lab truncheon for ec.

after a time you will only check ph when there are issues. You get to know your mixes and plants.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I check how many drops of pH down to use and measure that the first 10 or so times I water whenever I change something in my watering schedule. Then I realize nothing's changing so I stop checking.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
@MIMedGrower

Which drops do you use?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I use the drops, If ya grow in soil it gets ya close enuff. Some soil users don’t ph water at all and you can break the little measuring tube.

Moshmen

Moshmen

i still use drops. Dont want to maintain a pen. I do own a blue lab truncheon for ec.

after a time you will only check ph when there are issues. You get to know your mixes and plants.
@Beachwalker talked me into em - haven’t heard or seen him anywhere ?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I use the drops, If ya grow in soil it gets ya close enuff. Some soil users don’t ph water at all and you can break the little measuring tube.
If you're talking about the mixing one, I don't think so, you'd have to hit it with a hammer or something. Either way you don't really need it, just something to mix it in.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ok so I woke up this morning and noticed one of my leaves had a tear in it. I cut it off to be safe and looked at it under a microscope. 50% of the leaf area on the bottom of it is either covered in trichomes or mite eggs. I find it really hard to take pictures with my microscope but I think I got some ok pictures. I remember having the same issue last grow but in flower and it turned out to just be trichomes so I'm not too worried. The thing that I'm most curious about is actually what's in them because it's still in veg and some are clear, some are milky, and some are amber.

The second picture is much better.
IMG 0154
IMG 0150

Edit: I know there are supposed to be trichomes in veg but I thought it was only those long hair ones that are on tomatoes.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Forget the temps and rh I had to turn off the heater and fans for a few minutes. I transplanted into a 1 gal and raised my feeding to 500ppm.
I defiantly shouldn't be training so hard but I'm still just seeing what happens.

IMG 0156

Top Bottom