• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Hello everyone!
For this grow, I'm doing pretty much the same thing as last time with a few changes. I'm growing one skunk #1 by Quebec Cannabis Seeds in soil. I'm using my blurple on the blue setting for early veg and then an xs2000 for veg and flower. GH trio and cal mag for my nutrients. It's going to be super expensive but I'm hoping to use CO2 for mid to late flower to get the most out of the xs2000.
I just put the seed in water to germinate it.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Hello everyone!
For this grow, I'm doing pretty much the same thing as last time with a few changes. I'm growing one skunk #1 by Quebec Cannabis Seeds in soil. I'm using my blurple on the blue setting for early veg and then an xs2000 for veg and flower. GH trio and cal mag for my nutrients. It's going to be super expensive but I'm hoping to use CO2 for mid to late flower to get the most out of the xs2000.
I just put the seed in water to germinate it.
Good luck with the grow bro 👍

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Following along homie, best of luck. I hope those genetics serve you well.
Thanks man.
So far the QCS seeds I've grown have done pretty well so I'm expecting this one will too.
I grew their skunk#1 a couple grows ago but it pretty much got no light because it was sitting under another plant but it was ridiculously frosty for the conditions it was in.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Hey Aaron, congratulations on the last harvest. Got any pics of the skunk? looking forward to follow along on your journal
Happy new year!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Hey Aaron, congratulations on the last harvest. Got any pics of the skunk? looking forward to follow along on your journal
Happy new year!
She just popped. Not even a 1mm tap root so there's not much to take a pic of.
The seed sank into the water after only 3 hours so I was worried it was a dud, but I put it in the paper towel and it worked out only 20 hours later.
I wasn't planning on it popping this quickly so I won't have my soil until probably tomorrow or the next day. I do have a big bag of coco but I've never grown in it before. I might have to just start it in coco for a day and transplant it asap into the soil. I probably didn't plan this perfectly lol.

Last edited:
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
This is the fastest germination I've had yet. I might even be ready to plant by the end of the day. The tap root is about half the length of the seed. Usually I'd be happy but I was hoping it would take longer so I could plant it right in my soil. I think it'll be fine though.
Last grow I germinated one of these Skunk #1 seeds but I left it at my cottage for a week on my counter (so it got light) in the paper towel. I thought it was going to die so I germinated the GG but when I got back to my cottage a week later, it had grown roots into the paper towel and was growing its first node. I was able to save it but I only wanted one plant so I used the Skunk #1 as a test. My first grow died after I sprayed it with this insecticide so I sprayed it on the Skunk #1 and the exact same thing happened to it. I don't see where I was going with this story but I hope whoever read it enjoyed.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The tap root is getting long and my soil still isn't ready for pick up so I think I'm going to plant it in coco and transplant to the soil as soon as I get it.
I really didn't want to do this because I have zero experience with coco but I pretty much have no choice at this point.
Should I treat the coco like soil but make sure it's always moist or is there something else I need to do differently.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
She just popped. Not even a 1mm tap root so there's not much to take a pic of.
The seed sank into the water after only 3 hours so I was worried it was a dud, but I put it in the paper towel and it worked out only 20 hours later.
I wasn't planning on it popping this quickly so I won't have my soil until probably tomorrow or the next day. I do have a big bag of coco but I've never grown in it before. I might have to just start it in coco for a day and transplant it asap into the soil. I probably didn't plan this perfectly lol.
coco is like growing in hydro. ph your water to 5.8 and water few times a day to keep the coco moist
at this stage of its life it barely has roots. So, plug it into your coco and when your soil arrives than you can transplant it.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
coco is like growing in hydro. ph your water to 5.8 and water few times a day to keep the coco moist
at this stage of its life it barely has roots. So, plug it into your coco and when your soil arrives than you can transplant it.
It probably doesn't matter at this stage but should I add some vermiculite?
I have some left over from my last grow.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just planted it in plain coco and I misted the top and around the sides with 5.8 pH water. I put it under my xs2000 on the lowest dim because that's just what I have set up right now.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
This is some kind of monster seed. It popped out of the coco already. I might just have to grow it in the coco.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Lol, Hey there is plenty of knowledge here to help you learn Coco coir in material bags or 3-5gal pots, some setup for deep water fertigation but it's a learning curve with the nutes going in everyday and maintaining PH more closely. Just study the subsection for Coco & see if you can comprehend the difference from super soil grows. I am writing this as I am growing a Coco grow soon myself for the 1st, time.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Quick update:

Thankfully when the plant popped out of the coco, it still had the seed on it so I was able to just cover it in more coco.
I contacted the place I'm getting the soil from and they said I could come pick it up tomorrow.
Hopefully, I'll be able to just transplant the sprout/small seedling and take it right out of the coco carefully.
I really messed this one up. 🤣

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So quick update 2.0:

I was able to get someone to pick up the stuff from the grow store but the cal mag and more importantly THE SOIL was on back order. So now I have to veg for probably another week in the coco until the soil arrives.
There goes my plan for transplanting before it got a root structure.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It seems like I have three options:
1. Try to just uproot the seedling and put it in the soil when I get it which I found out will be between Friday and Monday. (I've done it before)
2. Grow it out in the coco and then transplant into the soil when I need to.
3. Grow it out in the coco and then continue with coco for the rest of the grow.
Surprisingly, I'm leaning more towards 1 or 3.
Maybe @Aqua Man can help me, I know he's good with coco.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Option 3. Best results.

Mr. G
That's what I'm thinking but I'm hesitant because I've seen so many people have nutrient problems with it. Also, I just got this powerful ass light which is probably going to be hard to get used to so adding another thing I've never done before is just asking for trouble. One reason I like this option though is since my soil hasn't arrived, I can get a $20 refund for it ;)

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Here's what's going on now:
IMG 3932

My full set up atm:
IMG 3933

The xs2000:
IMG 3934

Top Bottom