GGOGZin’s Grow Log, A Perpetual Journey

• Thread starter GGOGZin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I run indoor photos at 18-6. 20-4 is fine if that's what you want to do. The extra electrical consumption is one reason to consider running a different schedule.
Okay, good to know it’s mainly an energy thing.

Having a slight issue today, any idea what this is?

16975E92 767C 4C87 97F4 B3E45B21040B
DD276B31 AF11 4662 A8C9 6D1E910EC7F7
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It could be minor like a little bit of pH shift as your roots grow through your medium. It could also be the start of calcium issues. I'd need to know more about what you've been doing to give more of an answer. I've spent some time on this thread before ... but I answer so many.

It's also next to impossible to look at 1 leaf and make an accurate diagnosis. Full plant pics if you have them available ...

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

It could be minor like a little bit of pH shift as your roots grow through your medium. It could also be the start of calcium issues. I'd need to know more about what you've been doing to give more of an answer. I've spent some time on this thread before ... but I answer so many.

It's also next to impossible to look at 1 leaf and make an accurate diagnosis. Full plant pics if you have them available ...
Incoming…

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

The only change was the lighting and they were fine the first 2 days. I did have a moth in there somehow and had to kill it, but nothing different, everything else is the same, I think the nutrients in the soil may be running out. It was only 1 leaf affected on the banana og (first pic) and I have removed it as it was one I planned to get rid of anyway

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What are you using for planters? Do they drain adequately? At this point, I'm not seeing anything that suggests you have a major issue. I'm just hoping that the planters you're using provide for good drainage. It's not the only thing that can cause little brown specs ... but poor drainage is one thing that can.

Your leaves do look a bit swollen. Are you allowing the plants to dry back enough? (This is kind of circling back to drainage.)

Are you using cal-mag?

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

What are you using for planters? Do they drain adequately? At this point, I'm not seeing anything that suggests you have a major issue. I'm just hoping that the planters you're using provide for good drainage. It's not the only thing that can cause little brown specs ... but poor drainage is one thing that can.

Your leaves do look a bit swollen. Are you allowing the plants to dry back enough? (This is kind of circling back to drainage.)

Are you using cal-mag?
The pots both have good drainage at the bottom and I get runoff when watering then allow them to dry an inch from the top until I water again
I haven’t been using cal mag but I have it there, I haven’t been adding any nutrients at all because I used the ocean forest soil

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

The pots both have good drainage at the bottom and I get runoff when watering then allow them to dry an inch from the top until I water again
I haven’t been using cal mag but I have it there, I haven’t been adding any nutrients at all because I used the ocean forest soil
Using a 5 gal bucket for the bigger plant with a lot of holes drilled in the bottom, and a 1 gallon tote with holes drilled out for drainage

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Using a 5 gal bucket for the bigger plant with a lot of holes drilled in the bottom, and a 1 gallon tote with holes drilled out for drainage
I think you're probably watering them just a bit too soon. Do you use the lift pot method? Do you have a moisture meter? I use both methods. I also use fabric pots for superior drainage. When I pick them up, I feel at the bottom in the middle. If its still feels pretty damp on the bottom, I'll wait to water them.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I think you're probably watering them just a bit too soon. Do you use the lift pot method? Do you have a moisture meter? I use both methods. I also use fabric pots for superior drainage. When I pick them up, I feel at the bottom in the middle. If its still feels pretty damp on the bottom, I'll wait to water them.
Ahh okay, that sounds realistic. I do worry abo it letting them get too dry, guess I’m giving them too much love. Could I ask you to look at this leaf and tell me if this is anything to worry about? Now that I remember, I tried to top yesterday using the fimming method, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Also, I did notice when this plant was in its smaller pot that it filled it with roots pretty quickly and had to be repotted in the larger container. Is it maybe time to repot again? The other plant seems to be doing great.

I opened the space up above my plants and have another 4 feet to work with now height wise

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Ahh okay, that sounds realistic. I do worry abo it letting them get too dry, guess I’m giving them too much love. Could I ask you to look at this leaf and tell me if this is anything to worry about? Now that I remember, I tried to top yesterday using the fimming method, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Also, I did notice when this plant was in its smaller pot that it filled it with roots pretty quickly and had to be repotted in the larger container. Is it maybe time to repot again? The other plant seems to be doing great.

I opened the space up above my plants and have another 4 feet to work with now height wise
Double checked everything and light was set to 100% instead of 50%, presumably when I was moving the light and making more space in the closet, which would be the cause of the slight yellowing I noticed on the new growth I think, and as for the spots I think I’ve narrowed it down to a calcium deficiency and will be adding calmag with every second watering from now on.

P

PopPop67

Trying to post a link to Amazon.com for a 3 in 1 water/light/ph gage cost $4.99 if the link does not work just go to Amazon.com and look for soil tester by Tasainu it's easy to use supper cheap and does a pretty good job for $5.00 will show you how much light is hitting your plant the PH of your water and the PH of your run off. Also shows you were the water level is in your pot. Switch it to water and slowly push it into your pot it will show the level of the water in the pot. After a couple of grows you will no longer need it. You will know when your plants need water by looking at it. But for now to help you to not over water they are worth a ton. They have a handful of these for $9.99 but this is the cheapest I found.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Trying to post a link to Amazon.com for a 3 in 1 water/light/ph gage cost $4.99 if the link does not work just go to Amazon.com and look for soil tester by Tasainu it's easy to use supper cheap and does a pretty good job for $5.00 will show you how much light is hitting your plant the PH of your water and the PH of your run off. Also shows you were the water level is in your pot. Switch it to water and slowly push it into your pot it will show the level of the water in the pot. After a couple of grows you will no longer need it. You will know when your plants need water by looking at it. But for now to help you to not over water they are worth a ton. They have a handful of these for $9.99 but this is the cheapest I found.

Thank you very much, just ordered one!

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Hey all, update incoming:

OG Glue got it’s first watering in a week today and I have added half the recommended dose of cal mag and Fox farms veg nutrients (BIG BLOOM and GROW BIG)

Runoff water tested at 6.6PH

RH 80% and keeps steady

Temp 82°F lights on - 74° lights off

Have attempted to do some LST on the Banana OG too, to try to allow more light to get to all areas of the plant.

Starting to see some growth where I topped/fimmed the plants, will include pics.

Thanks and please share anything I should be doing differently!

Richju2175

Richju2175

Clones are always photo-period plants. The nature of an autoflower makes them less than ideal for cloning purposes.

Photos are all I grow inside. I do have a dozen auto-flowers out in the greenhouse. I'm in a northern climate where only a handful of photoperiod plants will fully finish before our wet falls wreck havoc on our grows. This grow is the first time I have ever run autos. The nice thing is I will be starting another dozen indoors soon and those will be ready to move outside about the time the others are finishing. I'll get 24 plants through my greenhouse in one summer.

Then back to photos indoors for my fall/winter run
Good evening can you share what’s some good autos to run. I’m in ohio

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

growers choice got sum real nice autos if you want strength checkout there brain damage . also at a very cheap price

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Need help again dudes, seeing brown spots on the tips/edges of a couple of leaves, anyone got some advice?

All researches wind up telling me add calmag but want to be sure I’m doing the right thing.

2CCFF176 1135 432A B098 0C80CAECACC6
4EED1901 E2F3 4BE0 9D43 E30AE4CC9D04
5B01E9A8 7896 4C6F A909 BD86858D4D5F
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
Need help again dudes, seeing brown spots on the tips/edges of a couple of leaves, anyone got some advice?

All researches wind up telling me add calmag but want to be sure I’m doing the right thing.
Those tips look more light or nute burn to me vs a deficiency but I could be wrong. I am curious as to what it is when you figure it out

Top Bottom