GGOGZin’s Grow Log, A Perpetual Journey

• Thread starter GGOGZin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Those tips look more light or nute burn to me vs a deficiency but I could be wrong. I am curious as to what it is when you figure it out
Looks like a bit of neut burn on the leaf finger tips. The browning on the serrated tips looks more like a beginning of cal def, as it’s more kinda trying to spread into the leaf. But we need to know neuts,/ ratios, light type. Day / night temps and RH, grow space (tent size and height) type of light. Wattage, distance, fan positioning, (to rule out wind burn)

They do still look healthy besides some leaf tip issues though!

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Using a vipar spectra XS1500 at 75% 14” from canopy

Day temp is 85°F
Night temp is 78°F
RH 80%
3wx2dx6h ft grow room (closet grow)

Fan is above the canopy blowing lightly on the tops down (5v) and air intake fan is directed near the substrate

Using fox farms for nutes and am just dosing as per the bottles directions

P

PopPop67

GG I have followed your grow. You are doing a good job keeping a eye on your plants everytime any thing changes you catch it the first day it appears. That puts you ahead of most new growers. I don't see you ever having any type of really bad problems you want let it get bad. You are going to become a knowledgeable grower in no time.

The only thing I can suggest you try and this is very important so remember you need to enjoy a ice cold beer when you are looking over your plants. I sure wish my first grow went this smooth. Later dude PopPop

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

GG I have followed your grow. You are doing a good job keeping a eye on your plants everytime any thing changes you catch it the first day it appears. That puts you ahead of most new growers. I don't see you ever having any type of really bad problems you want let it get bad. You are going to become a knowledgeable grower in no time.

The only thing I can suggest you try and this is very important so remember you need to enjoy a ice cold beer when you are looking over your plants. I sure wish my first grow went this smooth. Later dude PopPop
Great to have you here PopPop! This was such an encouraging message!
I’m trying to keep a close eye and make sure I give them what they need, without actually doing too much to the plants themselves other than pruning those big light blocking fan leaves lol. Thank you very much for the motivation bud always good to hear I’m on the right track.

On a side note, cheers!

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Need help again dudes, seeing brown spots on the tips/edges of a couple of leaves, anyone got some advice?

All researches wind up telling me add calmag but want to be sure I’m doing the right thing.
Alright troops, so I think I have solved and corrected the problem. Plants were showing a need for more calcium, which I took care of with a couple of rounds of foliage feeding with calmag plus right before lights out.

Also noticed a slight lime green color near the same time on the tips of the leaves so had to narrow down changes and realized that all problems were due to my own blunder. I had upped the intensity of my lights too much, presumably prompting the plants to need more calcium to keep up with the additional light it was getting. Also noticed some of the higher leaves curling upwards showing me it might be getting a little warm for them. I have since reverted to the previous intensity again and will be monitoring for improvements/signs of stress.

Plants both got a really good trim today to allow more light to pass through to the lower nodes and increase air movement. Have added several holes for better drainage and to help the soil dry out quicker, per advice I got about it. Will include before and after pics.

Plants were watered today with regular nutes and had around a qt. of runoff between them

I have also tried to grab a few clones to see if I can get them to root, they’re a couple of days in now. Will include a pic of my little clone box. x2 10 watt T5 LEDs for lighting, 85% RH 80°F constant. 24hr light (please advise if I should change this)

Hope to hear any comments/advice as I move on forward. Thanks everyone and happy growing! 😁

IMG 4373
B3574B2B C70D 4029 B805 32F945BAEA0B
GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Ok gang time for an update,

I have decided to SCROG after all and have changed the room accordingly. Plants are 1 day into screening and today I did the Defoliation. They seem to be responding really well to the changes and will be keeping an eye on them to make sure all is well. Have also saved a lot of the cuttings and will try to root as many as I can.

Hope to hear any comments or suggestions as always. Thanks all and happy growing!

IMG 4416
IMG 4414
IMG 4415
IMG 4418
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ok gang time for an update,

I have decided to SCROG after all and have changed the room accordingly. Plants are 1 day into screening and today I did the Defoliation. They seem to be responding really well to the changes and will be keeping an eye on them to make sure all is well. Have also saved a lot of the cuttings and will try to root as many as I can.

Hope to hear any comments or suggestions as always. Thanks all and happy growing!
Looking good! And some clones too 😁👍👍👍

P

PopPop67

They are all looking good and free clones is always a plus. Caution taking clones it's something about FREE female plants 🪴 that tends to make cloning addictive. I was over my leagual limit before I knew it and had to give some away to get back to being leagual Lol

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

They are all looking good and free clones is always a plus. Caution taking clones it's something about FREE female plants 🪴 that tends to make cloning addictive. I was over my leagual limit before I knew it and had to give some away to get back to being leagual Lol
Hey man can you look at my post in infirmary?

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Will look into it lol I might already be

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Did a lot of defoliating today and tried to organize a little more.

Have added an 8 inch exhaust fan pulling air from the room and opened a part of the bottom for passive airflow, in an attempt to have a better control of airflow and RH in the room.

Before and after pics:

70828924413  EE179748 C755 4113 BDA2 F933D19C534D
IMG 4476
GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Okay guys, quick update before flip on Monday.

Girls have been doing amazing, with a little love. She got her second round of defol earlier today in anticipation and will be getting a 50/50 nute mix tomorrow to ease her in.

Looking forward to seeing them start their next stage. Have a better Dehumidifier on the way arriving Monday and will be aiming for 45% RH soon down the line. Had a slight cal def in the Banana OG but it was solved as soon as it came, and they’re very happy and productive. Canopy isn’t perfectly even but it’s pretty nice, will post pics.

As always tips, advice, constructive criticism and feedback are always welcomed and encouraged.

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads here!

IMG 4522
IMG 4523
GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Day 1 since flip and seems to have gone more than successfully. I’m already seeing the girls responding with vigorous new growth and pre flowers already! Can’t wait to see this grow going forward! Will post pics of new shoots.

IMG 4551
IMG 4550
IMG 4552
IMG 4554
IMG 4553
Top Bottom