Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Your coco looks a lot different than mine. I use the canna 50 liter bag and it looks much more coarse than yours. Yours looks more like dirt to me. I always rinse my coco before planting with a couple times the volume of the pot with my nutrient mix that I intend to use on the plants.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Your coco looks a lot different than mine. I use the canna 50 liter bag and it looks much more coarse than yours. Yours looks more like dirt to me. I always rinse my coco before planting with a couple times the volume of the pot with my nutrient mix that I intend to use on the plants.
I only have access to one company.

I do the same thing. Pre rinse and precharge with calmag

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

IMG 20180623 133633

justiceman

justiceman

You will never have heard of it.
Hmmmm you are right I have not seen that one.

I’ve had bad coco before. It shoudn’t have as dark of a color and the particles size should be larger. Essentially it’s too broken down. Probably does not drain as well as it should either.

Good VS Bad
B5A27324 08C8 4371 BDDB 0D78B710CE5B

I once did a shot glass runoff test with RO water on Roots Organics Coco Palms VS Botanicare compressed brick coco. The results speak for themselves.....

Roots Orgsnics
564C4B1F E508 44D9 B164 9AC7E4A3EDD4

Botanicare compressed brick
35B0C488 A05D 42BB A862 ECE59A2ADB90

justiceman

justiceman

Some people run rockwool floc(shredded rockwool in pots) with good results. I've never tried it but have always wanted to for fun.

Yes even though I hate to say it you might in fact need to try and ride a bit of a wet/dry cycle with your current medium. I'm only saying this because now that we know the quality of coco you are using the ballgame has changed. It looks like it has a water and air holding capacity closer to that of soil. It might even have soil in it by the looks of it but I'm unsure. The poor quality coco is IMO the root of all the problems.

Notice how different your coco looks from the last picture you just posted. Although the last picture of coco looks to have a high amount of hair fibers it's still better than not enough. Is that coco brand meant for horticulture?

Latest posts

Top Bottom