Gh 3 Part Coco And Plants Dying Wtf.... Please Help..

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Some people run rockwool floc(shredded rockwool in pots) with good results. I've never tried it but have always wanted to for fun.

Yes even though I hate to say it you might in fact need to try and ride a bit of a wet/dry cycle with your current medium. I'm only saying this because now that we know the quality of coco you are using the ballgame has changed. It looks like it has a water and air holding capacity closer to that of soil. It might even have soil in it by the looks of it but I'm unsure. The poor quality coco is IMO the root of all the problems.

Notice how different your coco looks from the last picture you just posted. Although the last picture of coco looks to have a high amount of hair fibers it's still better than not enough. Is that coco brand meant for horticulture?
Yes. It is for plants. I've used it before it has much more fiber in it

Anyone want to mail me some bricks of Canna?

I give u a free vacation in Rio!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

So this is what I'm thinking. They sell 1.2 kilos saks of this other coco

How can I test it for quality or even the ability to attempt multifeeding?

I want to get like 4 bags tomorrow and repot the ten I just potted.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

IMG 20180624 094209
IMG 20180624 094221
IMG 20180624 102700
IMG 20180624 102708

justiceman

justiceman

So this is what I'm thinking. They sell 1.2 kilos saks of this other coco

How can I test it for quality or even the ability to attempt multifeeding?

I want to get like 4 bags tomorrow and repot the ten I just potted.
With coco you are looking for uniform particle size for the most part mixed with some of those hair like fibers. Too many fibers means too much drainage. Too many small particles means not enough drainage. IME a good way to feel for quality is to take a hand full of moist/wet coco and squeeze it. It should bounce back in your hand like a sponge.

That coco looks much better than the previous coco. Especially the close up picture of it saturated. I'm seeing much bigger fibers and particles. How well does it drain? It should soak up water pretty fast and drain fairly fast too.

That was a good idea to run some water through to check it out first before planting.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Oooooooh I'm not messing around now...

I'm going to test everthever now I have ec meter.

It drains pretty good. If I water the pot and let it sit. After awhile I came back and I can squeeze the pot and some water comes out.

I'm going to wash this now and precharge with calmag

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Humboldt.Rio
I am goin to go out on a limb here and call this coco poopoo.
I am Sorry that you are so limited to this. :banghead:
Looking at it closely all I can see is serious anaerobic media (with-Out-air) with root cross oxygen issues
adding the perlite at 40/60 to get the air to root space may be worth a shot.
when I started with 16 solo cups and 4 coco mixes I ended up using the 100%.
Says
IS KEY to working out a great deal of your head-ache.

YOU WILL get it ! !:bookworm: keep up the research and testin as much as ya can
FlyJ

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yeah.. I was trying to get away from perilite.

But

I washed it.

Added .4 calmag precharge and repotted my clones from last week.

I let them sit two days in the old Coco and I'll tell u what. The new Coco was already lighter and less wet after just flushing then the old was after 2 days of nothing. And after letting it dry look! It's just like dirt!

justiceman

justiceman

After a nice wash that new coco is looking wonderful. Notice the color and saturation difference between the new and old. Worlds apart!

I’m not even positive that the old mix was pure coco. Perhaps it was heavily composted, or some kind of soilless premix with other composts added.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Man..

It made me feel like I had had no idea what I was doing.

Now I will have to become a Coco expert.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Yup...

Bickystuds. That's what it seems to be. I thought about it like 2 months ago. I wasn't liking how wet it was staying.

And because the guy said no it's Coco. I really wanted to believe and just assumed I was doing this process wrong. Bc I wanted it to be. It's super easy for me to get this medium at a good price. Now I have to search again. It's not easy.

U take for granted just going to the "shop"

But anyways. I'm already going again.

I woke up this morning and just took the most established one and ran a weak .4 food through it.

And I was shocked at how dry it had become over the night from the just watered one to one that just was.

From a heavy saturated flushing the night bf.

And my night cycle is at night.

So that's got to be a good thing.

I can see why when I transplant to 2 gallon adding a layer of hydroton will help. There always seems to be a layer of water at the bottom.

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Was the 2nd saddest thing of done in my garden this morning.

Cutting everything down.

Only did that once bf. That was the saddest.

Back in the day in arcata in humboldt. I had finished acouple runs in dirt and thought about giving hydro a try. Used to be a guy Dutch, character. at American hydro.

He talked into nft table. Nuts.. I had shit to the ceiling. It was nuts. I went back to dirt after cutting it all out.

bicky studs

bicky studs

Yup...

Bickystuds. That's what it seems to be. I thought about it like 2 months ago. I wasn't liking how wet it was staying.

And because the guy said no it's Coco. I really wanted to believe and just assumed I was doing this process wrong. Bc I wanted it to be. It's super easy for me to get this medium at a good price. Now I have to search again. It's not easy.

U take for granted just going to the "shop"

But anyways. I'm already going again.

I woke up this morning and just took the most established one and ran a weak .4 food through it.

And I was shocked at how dry it had become over the night from the just watered one to one that just was.

From a heavy saturated flushing the night bf.

And my night cycle is at night.

So that's got to be a good thing.

I can see why when I transplant to 2 gallon adding a layer of hydroton will help. There always seems to be a layer of water at the bottom.
why is it wet at the bottom? if you got it draining into what the pots sitting in, raise em up....hydroton...a brick watever.

dont worry man its not easy for me either. 5-6hour round trip to get my coco. come home with 400L tho

Top Bottom