Ghost Pepper(Bhut Jolokia) + Chocolate Habenero(Congo Black)

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That pepper institute is fantastic, isn't it? Sounds like they're called ghost chiles because if you eat one you'll give up the ghost.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Im def gunna give growin these a shot.... does anyone have a place online to get the seeds from??

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Love it. I have quite a few going this year. Dorset, Morish, Bhut, Bhins, ghosts etc. All equally as nasty.

habs, nagas, jals and sweets

picture.php

Purple Jalapeno

picture.php

picture.php

Numex Tricolour Variegata

picture.php

Sweet Mohawk

picture.php

picture.php

Cayenne

picture.php

Super chilli F1

picture.php

Here is a list of what I have running, although last night winds just killed one of my greenhouses and half of my pimientos del padron. DAM.

3 ea. Bishops Crown
3 ea. Ancho Grande
3 ea. Bhut Jolokia
3 ea. Tabasco
3 ea. Tepin
3 ea. Habanero Fatali
3 ea. Hungarian Yellow Wax
3 ea. Sweet Banana
3 x purple prince
1 ea. Cayenne Long Purple
1 ea. Ciliega Piccante "Satans Kiss"
1 ea. Joe E Parker
1 ea. Bulgarian Carrot
1 ea. Tam Jalapeno
1 ea. Sweet Banana
1x purple jalapeno
3 x black naga
5 x White Habanero
5 x Chocolate Habanero
5 x Habanero Caribbean Red
5 x Naga Morish
5 x Poblano
12 x Pimientos De Padron
5 x Super Chilli
5 x Habanero Big Sun
5 x Habanero Orange
5 x Habanero Red
5 x Serrano Del Sol
3 x dorset naga
3 x orange hab x numex suarve (my own cross). Very hot and awesome flavor.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a shame about your greenhouse, here I was sitting admiring them, especially your extremely neat and organized utilization of minimal footprint. Had to have made a HELL of a mess. Great mix of peppers, too. You didn't lose anything, did you?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Lost a few plants. But with some 5am emergancy potting all seams ok.

Here is my dorset naga

dorsetnaga_1_Custom_.jpg

dorsetnaga_2_Custom_.jpg

Naga Morish

nagamorish_1_Custom_.jpg

nagamorish_2_Custom_.jpg

Will put shots of the mess up shortly

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the comments about the lining up. My OCD showing thru.

Here is what I have left

everything150710_1_Custom_.jpg

everything150710_2_Custom_.jpg

everything150710_3_Custom_.jpg

everything150710_4_Custom_.jpg

And here is what is left of the newest greenhouse. Only 1 week old

smashgh_1150710_1_Custom_.jpg

smashgh_1150710_2_Custom_.jpg

smashgh_1150710_3_Custom_.jpg

smashgh_1150710_4_Custom_.jpg

And here is Tricolor flower to cheer things up..

tricolorvariagata_1_Custom_.jpg

tricolorvariagata_2_Custom_.jpg

tricolorvariagata_3_Custom_.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Organic soil starting with a good topsoil bought it in bulk from a local gravel/soil/yard-type stuff place up here, amended with good goodies like Dr. Earth Organic 5, Gardener & Bloom Harvest Supreme, worm castings, greensand, guanos, compost, kelp meal.

Herbalist you're growing a banana! I hear there's a new cultivar that will not only grow in our zone, but will fruit. I wonder if something like a trellis would prevent the plastic from being blown off like that. OCD can serve one well if properly applied.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sick herbilizer. thats how i want to do it next year! my bhuts dont have flowers yet, and they are almost the size of yours. do i need to do anything special? nor do my congo blacks. my sctoch bonnets have flowers tho and my portuguese hots have peppers

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys.

I am using Westlands organic grow bags (tomato) for soil. And I have a hose feed attachment that feeds them mirical grow once soil is depleated. Works well.

And I am right on the south coast of UK and have had unbroken sunshine for a good couple of months.... So this is prob why mine are flowering before yours. Time when sown?

And the Bannana I got from Madiera. PLanted and took about a year to do anything, but now grows a leaf a week pretty much.

My friend has had a bananna that fruits in his back garden for a couple of years now. And its not in a green house. If you have a suntrap of a garden, innercity, then its like growing in spain with all the heat from the town etc.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
central market has the dry peppers and the harvested ones. lol I think you will know if you have a fake one. If it doesnt feel like you sprayed pepper spray in your nose mouth face and eyes then its not a ghost chile. HAHA your right icecream and milk help until you swallow it and then it right back to the fire. Again I was going to grow them and now that i tried them i passed. stupid hot.

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
Do you guys change the ph of your soil when you want your peppers to flower harder and faster?

If you cook with Jolokia's I found a good source of the real deal from Assam India region.

jolokia.JPG

I grew seeds from the same place and my peppers weren't as hot, so I obviously have a lot to learn to get the soil, nutrients and best sun conditions possible. I live at about 5500' so get some good sun, but my growing season is very short. Any tips would be appreciated, love this thread :)

if the ghost pepper isn't hot enough, try some pure capsaicin that is 16 million shu.

capsaicin.JPG

I use the jolokia and pure cap in my Dit Dot Jow recipe, a martial arts liniment. I cook with the jolokias to counter the effects morphine has on bowel compaction.

Chil'e head stoners, there's a fiery group.

This is your insides after eating a whole jolokia===> :mad0233:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We don't, because they're in two large planting beds. We just watch for overall health and vigor. Last year quite a few of his plants showed bud end rot, and whaddaya know, it's a calcium deficiency! Fixed up real fast with some dolomitic lime and a foliar of CaMg.

The rocoto my husband put down there is just blasting OFF, I can't wait to get peppers from this thing. They're not only very pretty to look at, especially with the black seeds (the only pepper with black seeds, IIRC), but the fruit has a really wonderful flavor that I enjoyed chopping and mixing with my paratha fillings (favorite is sweet potato). Since our granddaughter has come to live with us though, she unfortunately is either suffering from Celiac disease or just can't handle gluten, so I stopped cooking my favorite Indian dishes. It doesn't seem fair to make food the child can't eat, ya know? She'll mack down on a jalapeño!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
when did you pop your seeds? i poped mine mid may and they were inside until around june 5th. i put them out and it took them about a week to get adjusted. the congos were smaller but now they have passed the bhuts in size. ill see if i can find some pics of them from july

nice find monkey bone

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
1st week july

i don't know which one is the Congo. i only took a couple pics. but they weren't doing much so i didn't both to post them. pics are 3 differnt bhut jolokias and 1 Congo black

DSC 0028
DSC 0029
DSC 0030
DSC 0031
H

Hlg09

Whats up farmers i have two pepper sprout in rockwool plugs. One habanero, and the other cayenne. I was thinkin about putting them in 2 gal dwc buckets in my flowering room. How do guys think they would fare in that system with a 12/12 light schedule from the git go?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres some pics. my bhuts are drooping all the sudden and i dont know why.

I dont know myself Hlg09 but i have seen some indoor pepper grows when i googled them.

DSC 0030
DSC 0031
DSC 0032
DSC 0033
DSC 0034
DSC 0035
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have to say I have never run pepper inside under 12/12 i always do it 18/6. But have had some massive mosters from this. Perhaps not the biggest fruits, but the shear amount is amazing and that was under a 250w cfl. LOL.

Great fun peppers and chillies. This year I will be runnning a tent over winter to keep my prize ones running and keep me in stock of padrons. I am addicted.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If they're a variety or species that comes from the tropics, then I would have to presume that they've evolved under a very close match to a 12/12 photoperiod.

We started our peppers in January or February, and then my dad sent us quite a few of his starts.

Top Bottom