Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

That's what I was thinking. She def looks happy right now. It looks like it could hit 3-4 zips per plant. What did u pull from her last round, bro?
Last run was weak & the plants were small with beat up roots & only gave like 20 gram plants.. I don't think any gave me a zip.. Nothin produced last round b'cuz of a weak root zone & a over dose of Nutes.. This run I'm thinking the tru will shine better.. I built a thick rootmass this round

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Last run was weak & the plants were small with beat up roots & only gave like 20 gram plants.. I don't think any gave me a zip.. Nothin produced last round b'cuz of a weak root zone & a over dose of Nutes.. This run I'm thinking the tru will shine better.. I built a thick rootmass this round
I feel ya, bro! My plants r gonna yield like crazy this round also. Lots of roots in them soil beds. Best of luck with the rest of ur grow, Goo.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey Goo, that True OG looks kill! What's the flavor like on her? I've been looking at the Heavy 16 nutes. I'm using Fox Farms now. Do you think they're worth the bucks? They work as advertised?

Ken...hey bro, was that a family of eagles I saw nesting near the top about 30 feet down? :eek: Damn...that puppy's gonna yield! What a fuckin' tree! Mad props, bro!

O

Organicyumyum

Hey Goo, that True OG looks kill! What's the flavor like on her? I've been looking at the Heavy 16 nutes. I'm using Fox Farms now. Do you think they're worth the bucks? They work as advertised?

Ken...hey bro, was that a family of eagles I saw nesting near the top about 30 feet down? :eek: Damn...that puppy's gonna yield! What a fuckin' tree! Mad props, bro!

make the switch from fox farms bro, one of the worst nute lines out there. look into bio bizz for an amazing organic line. Everyone is all about that heavy 16 but I haven't tried it.

Max Frost

Max Frost

make the switch from fox farms bro, one of the worst nute lines out there. look into bio bizz for an amazing organic line. Everyone is all about that heavy 16 but I haven't tried it.

I haven't had experience with the Bio Bizz nutes, but I did use both their Alg-a-mic and Root Juice years ago, and remember liking both allot. I've been very happy with my results from the FF line. Why do you think it's one of the worst there is out there?

Natural

Natural

I haven't had experience with the Bio Bizz nutes, but I did use both their Alg-a-mic and Root Juice years ago, and remember liking both allot. I've been very happy with my results from the FF line. Why do you think it's one of the worst there is out there?
I used to rock alg-a-mic...until the price went up. I'm using GO Bioweed now..it's cold pressed just the same..looks sort of neon though..very concentrated. I'm using much less for shorter period of time now. Can you run Bio Bizz in water gardens?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

the True OG is fire it has that classic og Kush funk action going on.. She's 1 of the best OG Kush's I've grown.. I'm hunting 4 a few more tho..

I'm juss gettin the H16 dialed in so I'm not blown away yet but this run juss might change my mind.. I use prime very light In bloom only.. Both veg & bloom base r solid.. I'm gunna always use A&B veg & H16 foliar even if I change nute lines.. I like everything but I'm not 100% sold on the H16 Fire.. It costs a lot & I'm gettin great results with cheaper products. I'd say Heavy 16 is a solid nute line..

CannaTech

CannaTech

Goo, Looking good my man!
just wondering, did your roots keep coming through your pot throughout veg and flower?
It looks like to me man you need to air-rate your soil a bit
That may be why you got more from feeding less.

the root pots are made to air trim the roots, eliminating root balls. if the roots are poking out the side of the bag they don't have enough air in the root zone, could be due to over packing soil, over watering or even just lack of air flow, ie if you have a lot of pots stacked into a tight section to where they are touching. it will stop the air flow and allow that root growth to come through.

Anyways man looks great!

Hows the GSC smoke?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Goo, Looking good my man!
just wondering, did your roots keep coming through your pot throughout veg and flower?
It looks like to me man you need to air-rate your soil a bit
That may be why you got more from feeding less.

the root pots are made to air trim the roots, eliminating root balls. if the roots are poking out the side of the bag they don't have enough air in the root zone, could be due to over packing soil, over watering or even just lack of air flow, ie if you have a lot of pots stacked into a tight section to where they are touching. it will stop the air flow and allow that root growth to come through.

Anyways man looks great!

Hows the GSC smoke?
Mid veg is when my roots pop out of the pots.. I've gotten 2in roots able 2 grow b'cuz of packed pots.. Some roots have gone from out of there pot & in2 the next pot.. By late veg they have air pruned themselves.. After that I'll get new root tips popping out here & there.. This is my 1st run using soil in a few years I'm using canna coco with 3 test plants in soil flowering & 1/2 plants in coco & 1/2 in soil in the veg tent.. I pack my plants, have low airflow (6in inline & 6in exhaust) in each tent.. & I over water.. Here is some root action

Girl Scout Cookies came out bomb.. I got Lil cookie crumb buds but they were super Stoney

CannaTech

CannaTech

Whats your soil mix? it looks like its a hearty soil, bark, guano, chior and what else? i see a little pealite it looks like. I would suggest adding a bit more. your nutes seem to be working. aerate your soil and i bet you will close to double your yield.

but ne ways man your stuff looks great! just trying to put in my 2Cent to help out.

Btw if u want to add perlite, I would use black gold, at a large ratio. I use up to a quart per gallon. but no less than 1/2qt per gallon.

you can kinda see the mix through the foliage, I will have to grab some of my mix to show with my journal.

Photo 15
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Whats your soil mix? it looks like its a hearty soil, bark, guano, chior and what else? i see a little pealite it looks like. I would suggest adding a bit more. your nutes seem to be working. aerate your soil and i bet you will close to double your yield.

but ne ways man your stuff looks great! just trying to put in my 2Cent to help out.

Btw if u want to add perlite, I would use black gold, at a large ratio. I use up to a quart per gallon. but no less than 1/2qt per gallon.

you can kinda see the mix through the foliage, I will have to grab some of my mix to show with my journal.
The pic I posted with the root action is 100% Canna Coco.. My soil plants r in 100% Roots 707.. I only flower with 1 light so I juss add a few extra plants 2 hit OK numbers.. I'll get 1.5 a light with my tiny yielding strains & 1.75-2 a light with a mix of heavy strains & small strains.. But if I run all my big girls I've hit 2p 5oz <<< only 1 time tho..

2 dubble that would b mega sick

CannaTech

CannaTech

Double was an extradition. but looking at the bud production on the last run of GSC there is definitely room for growth, I have seen some heavy yielding grows of that stuff!

Aerating soil is important and can be achieved by a few ways with many different types of rocks.(Perlite Vermiculite Volcanic Rock, choose one or two to mix into your soil at a ratio of 20-25%. which is about 1 quart per gallon (25%) So when I say 25% the two combined should equal 25% not 25% of each. just to be clear.

That Roots 707 has perlite in it. Although, If it is shooting roots out the side of the pots then it needs more. try giving it 1/2 a qt more per gallon be sure to mix it up well and bing you should be fine.

TBH, the roots coming out the side should not hinder too much, But it is telling you something. The roots seem to be shooting for something when they break barriers like that. Most often it is air. the more Air in the root zone, the more ability the roots have to uptake nutes. So, if you see they kinda roll hand in hand.

Also! just forgot, if your running Coco, Try using about 1/3 chunk rest saturated and about 25% perlite. should be great.

The chunk gives you the air pockets that you need as well as retaining good water.

Someone please feel free to correct me if im wrong. ;)
but much love yall

Hope that helps.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My closet cookies are at 47 days . I gave her lots of water again today.
Had to take pics ;)
I took a Photo of thewhole plant, but im ashamed to show it:bag: ..(no leaves)
Its looking like a few zips though!!:woot: One more week, I think.
I wont have to trim it much, because I burned all the leaves off!! (too much P i think):blackeye:

Cookiequarter47days
Cookietopquarter47days
Cookietop47days
Closetcookie47days
Closetavatar7weeks
Max Frost

Max Frost

Good info guys! Canna...do you feel there is a good way to aerate the soil while they're in the pots? Like the way golf courses aerate the greens? It makes sense that it would help...especially after the roots have gotten a bit overgrown and it's too late in the cycle to up-pot. Or would this just cause too much stress and be counter-productive? Thanks!

Your GSC is looking hella kill, Ken! K+ bro!

Best,

Max :wacky:

CannaTech

CannaTech

good question Max,

Depending upon your pots, its doable. But your exactly right when thinking of golf courses and greens. if you were to spike the soil, just be aware of where your root mass is, also. If you use bags or Root pots like I do, just allow the pot to get dry and when its its dry, feed it maybe about 18-36 oz of water and roll the pot between your hands to loosen up your soil. its not so easy to do when you are using buckets and hard edge pots. Although, if your using a Bucket try drilling inch holes in the side about 2-4 of them evenly separated at about half height of the bucket. once you do this, you can A let it set and make sure you allow your root zone to properly dry out prior to watering. Or B you can spike the sides but again, be aware of where your root mass is. If your late in flower, dont waste your time as the dmg is already done. But if it is early on in flower it will definitely help out.

Hope that helps guys!

Top Bottom