Girl Scout Cookies & Friends

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
why would you wanna use a plant that turned from female to male? If you didn't intentionally make it change sex you might wanna reconsider

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

If you've grown her before and she didn't herm, you might wanna figure out WHY she is turning sex on you...
I treated her pretty ruff in veg was gonna throw her out but thought fuck it and she turned on me big time the mother plant is outside at my homies pad and shes doing fine Ive grown her out and she is certainly plat cookies idk what to do but like the idea, Baba how long do you think before the pollen would be mature if i even could use it

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
if a male is releasing pollen, you can use it. If it's viable will be visible down the road but your kinda doing the one type of selection nobody does....for a reason too...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I treated her pretty ruff in veg was gonna throw her out but thought fuck it and she turned on me big time the mother plant is outside at my homies pad and shes doing fine Ive grown her out and she is certainly plat cookies idk what to do but like the idea, Baba how long do you think before the pollen would be mature if i even could use it
fwiw, I've seen plants go through hell and back and never completely switch sex unless it was gonna do it regardless of the stress, ime.
Is your plat cookies the DHN cut? If none of the other plants are shooting male flowers out from the floral photoperiod, YOU gotta ask yourself, why use the most unstable plant in the room for breeding?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just trying to save you a serious headache when you start these seeds and when week 6&7 of flower hit and all your progeny start hermie action....

What did you do to her in veg to promote this type of effect?

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

I was just gone alot that month and she never really looked too healthy I guess your right I dont want to deal with a bunch of herms thats why i was asking needed some input but yeah she got the same kind of treatment the others did and they are doing just fine idk I think ill give em to the homie let it do its thang outside next to some plants and just see what happens she is a total male though only the tops are showing female everything below the top is male i have never seen a plant completely change on its own like that and yeah she is DHN plat

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've seen maybe one or two herms on the very lowest nugs on the DHN plat cookies, way less than a trainwreck or anything that spouts hermies late in the game. Didn't impact anything but the Forum is rock solid compared to DHN, imo.

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

I've seen maybe one or two herms on the very lowest nugs on the DHN plat cookies, way less than a trainwreck or anything that spouts hermies late in the game. Didn't impact anything but the Forum is rock solid compared to DHN, imo.
so nothing was affected maybe the plat herm pollen doesn't even do anything kinda like cherry pie

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
so nothing was affected maybe the plat herm pollen doesn't even do anything kinda like cherry pie
I wouldn't assume the pollen does nothing! The pollen sac never opened and therefore no pollen went astray. Literally 2 sacs on a 3 oz plant. But that is partially why she is a freebie from me versus a sale item. I don't trust the DHN stability wise.

I like the plat density and taste and high but overall the forum wins out for me. Growing the DHN is like waiting for a rock to grow sprouts...lol

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm no breeder here so take this info how ever u want.. I belive the GSC was a complete accedent I think the F1 Durb hermed & started this crazy on accedent.. Then I believe the other cookies were from further accedents when the unstable GSC was grown & herimed... This would include the DHN Platinum Cookies.. Then ur gunna use pollen from another accedent. It seems 2 me kinda like breeding 4 hermies.. By using hermie seed after hermie seed the GSC jackpot has 2 end.. If trying 2 breed with GSC I'd use a 100% proven stable male b'cuz of this crazy hermie action going on.. But hay I'm no breeder!!

Other useless info >>> I've ran GSC forum & 2 different cherry pie phenos 4 many runs with 0 issues at all until this last run. this last run both forum & platinum cherry pie popped a single nanner.. It's never happened b4 & only happened on those 2 plants on 1 bud each.. Not major hermie action only a nanner or 2.. There is a hermie trait in both those strains.. & I think any Girl Scout cookie pheno
Also Aligee has reverced the forum but the pollen was sterile. I'm sure u can find some good pollen but it don't come eazy it's golden..

Who knows? People r still finding nice bag seed phenos.. It juss sounds scary 2 actually breed with a hermie..

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

well Im not a breeder also so that is the only reason i would ever even play with something like this i have no intentions of doing anything with said beans aside from pop them myself, I think your right i dont want to open pandoras box so to say and have hermies in the room but at the same time you never know till you try, just think all these came from herms so who knows what could happen I like the sound of plat x forum though or white x plat

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

so lets just say i wanted to go for it, at what point could i crack open some of these sacks to see if pollen is there, Basically how long does it usually take for pollen to mature how long into flowering?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
so lets just say i wanted to go for it, at what point could i crack open some of these sacks to see if pollen is there, Basically how long does it usually take for pollen to mature how long into flowering?
it's diff for all varieties but when the pollen sacs open up the pollen will fly. When you see that, take note. That'll be the answer...lol
Roughly a few weeks, some sooner. Don't be afraid to play with it...lol

ftwendy

ftwendy

I successfully pollinated the forum with some old ld50#3 x lacon pollen I had in the freezer....it was getting old so not a ton of seeds were made, but they all look super healthy. I think the keeper will be called "hashtag cookies" when I find her. Haven't seen that name used yet... :)
Cookieseed

here's a pic of an ld50 x lacon female i flowered already (makes her the auntie to these hashtag beans). Frost is in the family for sure, so if the tootsie roll hashy flavor this lady had is anywhere in her brother's pollen, the results should be excellent
D3la46ii

D3la56cola

Plan is to start some of these new cookie beans in a few weeks... wish me luck

Top Bottom