Girl Scout Cookies Is Nothing But Hype

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Hey man, some people don't like Star Wars, Apple or even GSC - it doesn't necessarily mean that they are less intelligent, perceptive or even worth listening too...

Oh, absolutely! I hope that that's not what it sounded like, because I wasn't implying that at all. Just kind of been scratching my chin, wondering what it is that people think is so amazing about it. I'll always listen to people (usually haha), which is why I started this thread. I don't know shit about growing, but I do know what I like smoking, ya know?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I've smoked some damn fine cookies, but the grower really has to nail it for it to be special.

I'd put this one down to your biochemistry, could be the chemotype just doesn't hit the neural sweet spot you're used to. For me, Green Crack and anything with Island sweet skunk simply will not get me high, period.

I agree about that cherry pie though, really impressed with that strain!

F

friend

Minitiger thanks for sharing you're grow,
It looks great respect ! If you ever try to run gsc again ,
I difently would run PCG GSC (ht cup winner) !
Danks for sharing this :happy:

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've smoked some damn fine cookies, but the grower really has to nail it for it to be special.

I'd put this one down to your biochemistry, could be the chemotype just doesn't hit the neural sweet spot you're used to. For me, Green Crack and anything with Island sweet skunk simply will not get me high, period.

I agree about that cherry pie though, really impressed with that strain!

Right? I was reluctant to try Cherry Pie, simply because it was bred by the same people as GSC, but I finally broke down and got some about six months ago. Loved it so much that I went back to the dispensary and stocked up haha (I do that with strains I really love).

And I agree that it very well could be my biochemistry. Blue Dream's another one that I just don't "get." I chalked that one up to my biochemistry a long time ago, simply because soooo many other people love that one. But at least that one smells and tastes good.

Also, it's not that GSC doesn't get me high. It's just that the high is just sort of a "whatever"-type high to me. There's nothing there that makes me want to keep smoking it.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Minitiger thanks for sharing you're grow,
It looks great respect ! If you ever try to run gsc again ,
I difently would run PCG GSC (ht cup winner) !
Danks for sharing this :happy:

Oh, I've never grown GSC, only smoked it. Why grow it when I can go to any dispensary in California and grab some? Haha! I've got four strains going now, none of which I've seen in any dispensaries (except for the Apollo 11, but I haven't seen that around in a loooooong time). I feel like if I'm gonna take the time to grow my own, I want to grow what I can't get everywhere. Ya know?

epitome

epitome

Lol...hyped strain like a hyped fight...I've had to smoke dispo shit for the last year and 9/10 times I'm disappoinTED.
Oh, I've never grown GSC, only smoked it. Why grow it when I can go to any dispensary in California and grab some? Haha! I've got four strains going now, none of which I've seen in any dispensaries (except for the Apollo 11, but I haven't seen that around in a loooooong time). I feel like if I'm gonna take the time to grow my own, I want to grow what I can't get everywhere. Ya know?
Props for growing your own...growing is not easy, and the risk that comes with growing is getting higher and higher, especially having a family and growing, I mean if you want to grow high grade herb plan on sacrificing damn near everything....so many factors in life competing for the number one spot, wife, children, career, freedom, friends, patients, saftey...the list goes on man.

Long story short most people fake it and never make it. I haven't grown my own for too long now and I'm damn near insane by now to think I'll be growing again anytime soon, so I decided to quit smoking for the first time in my life last night cold turkey, haha. For the last 17 yrs I've said "oh I'm just stopping cuz I'm no quitter, I'll go again." I've never even used the word quit before. But the reason why this post relates to this thread is, if you haven't figured out by now in this industry that the SIZZLE IS LOUDER THEN THE STEAK.... you'll find out just like blue dream, jack herer, girl scout, gg4 (yokes on us potheads) the white aka pretendo lol good from far but far from good you know......
And befoRe you dispo haters start trolling I've smoked more basement bush then growers have smoked there own. And yes that includes thcfarmer "fam" blackmarket top notch from self proclaimed canna-snob-a-sewers....eh I've even smoked smoke from a superinflated poster on this thread who is to good to smoke his so called friends herb lmao......

With all that said I have smoked some incredible medicine not all grown by me and it used to be worth it to grow and smoke and grind all day to find the "kill kill" for the dome, but those days are dead for me and the withdrawls aren't all that bad lol withdrawls from not growing are stronger then not smoking so far...two days from now it will all be nightmare in the past...and I won't even post eventually....

In the last 5 years of being on thcfarmer a small haND full of farmers have admitted to quiting smoking and I never undertood an iota of reasoning until now...

Peace and hyped up grease yall

epitome

epitome

Oh ya I'll be coming out soon with my new line of holy grail kushes starting with the infamous

DON REY KUSH

TRUST me you smell it before it even hits the shelves ay!

epitome

epitome

Oh, yeah, man, I know "the sizzle is louder than the steak." I think that that typically goes for pretty much everything in this world, not just weed. I never believe the hype. I have a brain and an opinion haha, ya know? Not gonna believe something's good just because everybody says it is.

Definitely finding out that growing good herb takes a lot of work. I actually started out with eighteen seeds, thinking that I'd maybe hopefully get nine females. Got fourteen, thought I'd somehow make room for all of them and finally just decided that fourteen would be too much work, especially since this is my first run in twenty years (and back then it was all ebb and flow hydro bullshit; organics is a whole 'nother thing haha). So I killed five females, which was extremely painful haha. But probably the best thing to do, if for no other reason than those nine have totally taken over the tent.

Luckily, I don't have a wife. Just a girlfriend who doesn't even smoke, but she's super-chill and totally cool with me doing what I love. Plus, she's the one with the career (I don't have what one would call a "career," although I do have a job that I have have to get up at 530am for) so she's usually asleep by eleven, which is when I go to work in the room. No kids, thank gawd. And not too many friends, either haha. Or not since I moved to the Valley, anyway hahaha!!! So I've got the time. It's more a matter of me getting my tired and lazy-ass off the couch at 10pm and doing what needs to be done. Another reason I'm glad there's only nine plants instead of fourteen.

But I don't understand something. Why exactly is it that you're quitting smoking? Because you can't grow your own right now? Because you're unhappy with the quality of dispensary weed (which is the reason I started growing)? Because you feel like you smoke too much? Your smoking is affecting your family/life/career? I'm not clear on why you're quitting. Obviously haha.
I've transcended my brotha, involuntary triggers of the pineal gland...just talking shit ...but for realz, it's because I've realized that for my fantasy to continue being a fantasy my dreams must not come true, ya dig? So far I have had dreams and fantasies and one FantaDream...to keep it that way I have to stop sacrificing so much for the plant...I've decided not to have my cake and eat it too...I never want to become that cannasnobaseur ya know...who knows what the future beholds but as for me I will no longer put the ridiculous expectations on this miraculous plant... maybe one day hiking I'll run into a wild ruderalis and cure it in the shade and burn it while dancing around downwind hoping for a channel change hahaha.......natural high is the best high my nug, you following me here....yet peace and pineal grease

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've transcended my brotha, involuntary triggers of the pineal gland...just talking shit ...but for realz, it's because I've realized that for my fantasy to continue being a fantasy my dreams must not come true, ya dig? So far I have had dreams and fantasies and one FantaDream...to keep it that way I have to stop sacrificing so much for the plant...I've decided not to have my cake and eat it too...I never want to become that cannasnobaseur ya know...who knows what the future beholds but as for me I will no longer put the ridiculous expectations on this miraculous plant... maybe one day hiking I'll run into a wild ruderalis and cure it in the shade and burn it while dancing around downwind hoping for a channel change hahaha.......natural high is the best high my nug, you following me here....yet peace and pineal grease

Um... Okay... I was just saying that I don't really like Girl Scout Cookies.

Reactions: Ina
Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I don't know man. Im gonna take the high road here no pun. Obviously each strain has its perks. Some people like them strong some like them weak. I knew a guy that LOVED his dirt weed. Said my shit was too strong and could smoke all day on his but had to set mine down. Which gets to my point that I love the forum. I get her frosty and tasty as hell. She gets me baked. With a bottomless stomach. I smoke her at night with about 7 bowls of cereal then the NyQuil effect kicks in Haha You just have a different perspective or opinion on her. As I do with anything bubba. But I would like to add that hydro cookies doesn't compare to full organic cookies. I get a rich taste from her with thick smoke that coats the taste buds. I love it for more than hype.

Junk

Junk

Yep. I said it. I dunno how this strain got so popular, but it's just okay. And I know multiple heads who feel the same way. Nothing to write home about. I've smoked probably four dozen different batches of this from who knows how many growers, but it's always the same: smells like an empty box of "Thin Mints" smells (I dunno about you, but stale minty cardboard ain't what I'm looking for in my meds), tastes a little bit better and the high is just, like, whatever.... It does nothing for me, except motivate me to smoke something good.

I've tried and tried to figure out what it is that people think is so great about it, but for me, there's nothing there. Believe me, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about, I wanted to love it, but it just seems like another example of someone somehow hyping a strain that isn't really all that great. And I'm not even knocking the breeders, because I looooooove Cherry Pie. I'd take that over GSC every time. Cherry Pie has it all: looks, unbelievable nose, tastes fucking ridiculous and a really kick-ass high, too. And compare GSC to really stellar strains like Sour Diesel, Goji, Mango Haze, Skywalker OG (or Larry and Tahoe), SSH, Stevie Wonder (which is my current "favorite strain"). Go back even further to Neville's Haze or a real Chem or Power Plant or Durban Poison or whatever... GSC is absolutely forgettable. The only reason I even remember it is because everybody keeps talking about it and it's in every dispensary in California. I still look at the jars, thinking,"Maybe this'll be the time...." and I still go,"Eh... Can I take a look at that Ancient OG, please?"

Just wanted to speak my mind. GSC is an average strain, at best. Been wanting to talk about this for a while and I'm sure there'll be plenty of hating. If someone can enlighten me and tell me why it's so great, I'm all ears. But after hundreds of bowls/j's of this, I'm just like,"Ok, now let's smoke something good...."
I know a lot of people that feel the same,

I know a lot of people who love it.

One thing I've learned is that people are so different. Something I love, others hate & vice versa. Hell's Angel & Blue Dream, even top notch grown stuff, just doesn't do it for me. Other people though, those are their favorites.

Different smokes for different folks.

H

happy b

Yep. I said it. I dunno how this strain got so popular, but it's just okay. And I know multiple heads who feel the same way. Nothing to write home about. I've smoked probably four dozen different batches of this from who knows how many growers, but it's always the same: smells like an empty box of "Thin Mints" smells (I dunno about you, but stale minty cardboard ain't what I'm looking for in my meds), tastes a little bit better and the high is just, like, whatever.... It does nothing for me, except motivate me to smoke something good.

I've tried and tried to figure out what it is that people think is so great about it, but for me, there's nothing there. Believe me, I wanted to find out what all the hype was about, I wanted to love it, but it just seems like another example of someone somehow hyping a strain that isn't really all that great. And I'm not even knocking the breeders, because I looooooove Cherry Pie. I'd take that over GSC every time. Cherry Pie has it all: looks, unbelievable nose, tastes fucking ridiculous and a really kick-ass high, too. And compare GSC to really stellar strains like Sour Diesel, Goji, Mango Haze, Skywalker OG (or Larry and Tahoe), SSH, Stevie Wonder (which is my current "favorite strain"). Go back even further to Neville's Haze or a real Chem or Power Plant or Durban Poison or whatever... GSC is absolutely forgettable. The only reason I even remember it is because everybody keeps talking about it and it's in every dispensary in California. I still look at the jars, thinking,"Maybe this'll be the time...." and I still go,"Eh... Can I take a look at that Ancient OG, please?"

Just wanted to speak my mind. GSC is an average strain, at best. Been wanting to talk about this for a while and I'm sure there'll be plenty of hating. If someone can enlighten me and tell me why it's so great, I'm all ears. But after hundreds of bowls/j's of this, I'm just like,"Ok, now let's smoke something good...."
iv never had a smoke at legit cookie cut just forum s1 & although i was really dissappointed with the yeild the quality was definetly there.it tasted like some really amazing really sweet hashish.as drewski says i beleive gsc does better in a cross.iv got some animal cookie leaning plants from just blazin and they HAMMER the s1 in yeild,density,vigor & smell.theyr not done yet so cant say how they smoke yet.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
iv never had a smoke at legit cookie cut just forum s1 & although i was really dissappointed with the yeild the quality was definetly there.it tasted like some really amazing really sweet hashish.as drewski says i beleive gsc does better in a cross.iv got some animal cookie leaning plants from just blazin and they HAMMER the s1 in yeild,density,vigor & smell.theyr not done yet so cant say how they smoke yet.
Hey man is that yer first run with some justblazen gear? I have one a the highoctane fire alien crosses going.

Junk

Junk

I've never met a cannabis I didn't like. It's like that Pizza saying...even when it's bad, it's still pretty good (assuming it's grown well).

I've had the Santa Cruz cut, some other cut that I don't remember the name of, & one Pre DJ Short, & post DJ Short...

It's just not my cup of tea. But it's the perfect example of different smokes for different folks. I don't see the appeal personally, but a lot of people love it.

OP, I understand you are just remarking that you personally don't get it. I do the same occasionally, just to get my opinion in there. But the conversation will always end the same...we are all different, & every strain effects us differently. It's just not your bag.

Top Bottom