Girl Scout Cookies Is Nothing But Hype

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

I've never met a cannabis I didn't like. It's like that Pizza saying...even when it's bad, it's still pretty good (assuming it's grown well).

I've had the Santa Cruz cut, some other cut that I don't remember the name of, & one Pre DJ Short, & post DJ Short...

It's just not my cup of tea. But it's the perfect example of different smokes for different folks. I don't see the appeal personally, but a lot of people love it.

OP, I understand you are just remarking that you personally don't get it. I do the same occasionally, just to get my opinion in there. But the conversation will always end the same...we are all different, & every strain effects us differently. It's just not your bag.

Yes! Exactly! But this is what I was hoping for. Just hearing other people's opinions, why they like or dislike GSC (or any other strain) etc etc.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Personally I think blue dream is disgusting but she's a bad bitch and some people love it so I grows it for them. I would literally quit smoking pot if all I could get is blue dream. Blue dream, train wreck and about any cross of them I've had smell and taste foul to me.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Personally I think blue dream is disgusting but she's a bad bitch and some people love it so I grows it for them. I would literally quit smoking pot if all I could get is blue dream. Blue dream, train wreck and about any cross of them I've had smell and taste foul to me.

Yep, Trainwreck's another one that doesn't do it for me. I like Sativas and Sativa-dominant hybrids, but TW just always knocks me out hard. I was using it for my "bed time meds" for a while, actually.

Junk

Junk

Yes! Exactly! But this is what I was hoping for. Just hearing other people's opinions, why they like or dislike GSC (or any other strain) etc etc.
I get it brother...But how many words can you find to articulate why you like a strain that other people don't. Or why you don't like a strain that other people do.

People are just partial to things. I don't get how anyone could possibly like the restaurant Chili's. But no one is ever going to be able to explain to me what it is that they like as opposed to what I don't, or how that is...it just is.

Here is a more productive direction (talk about whatever you want, I don't care, I'm just trying to save you some time/aggravation) ...What strains DO you think live up to the hype?

I'm a big fan of Aj's Sour Diesel. In my opinion, that lives up to the hype. There a million SD's made by everyone these days, & a lot of them are good. But Aj's, for me, is the best I've had. I love the smell, taste, I love absolutely everything about it.

If I had to make a purchase decision, & I could get one oz of AJSD, OR two oz of Blue Dream for the same price, I would take Aj's SD, without hesitation. That's how little BD does for me. AJSD is da nuts in my opinion.

It's sort of a blessing that you don't like GSC, it's a mediocre yielder.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Yep, Trainwreck's another one that doesn't do it for me. I like Sativas and Sativa-dominant hybrids, but TW just always knocks me out hard. I was using it for my "bed time meds" for a while, actually.
There was a time I liked the arcata Trainwreck but I smoked it too much for too long and for some reason I can't stand it anymore. The wreck and bd seem to dominate the flavor in the crosses I've tried.

Junk

Junk

That's an interesting take.

I'm not sure if I would personally take it that far, but I could understand how someone else would. It's just not an enjoyable cannabis for me. So, it ranks very low for me too. Never had Trainwreck.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

That's an interesting take.

I'm not sure if I would personally take it that far, but I could understand how someone else would. It's just not an enjoyable cannabis for me. So, it ranks very low for me too. Never had Trainwreck.
Don't know why but it's the only strain I've ever grown that literally makes me sick to my stomach. I have an uneasy stomach in the mornings and when I walk into a room full of blue dream stink it makes me want to puke.

H

happy b

Hey man is that yer first run with some justblazen gear? I have one a the highoctane fire alien crosses going.
Yeah jim and im VERY impressed sofar.its the animal walker i have skywalker og x animal mints(just blazins version of a male animal cookie)i tried to get the high octane but they went fast.if youv got em you should pop em.iv never heard a bad word says about seed junky gear..heres a couple of snaps of the 2 a-walker phenos i got.
Cookie leaner.strangely this ones gonna be the best yeilder
20160105 194917
20160105 195135
20160105 195050
20160105 195022
skywalker og leaner
20160102 143234
20160105 194726
20160102 143709
i forgot to mention,i ran some s2 gsc a while back and they wernt up go much.looked awesome and smelled ok but they didnt smoke that good.no were near as good as the devine s1.
Also id like to add that alot of growers can get good genetics,have great grow rooms and good grow skills and harvest some lovely buds but if they dont take the time to dry and cure it properly the good nugs will just smoke average.alot of growers let themselves down with theyr drying and curing practices by tryin to rush it.after all that effort whats an extra couple of weeks to make sure you end up with a good product.nothing but people cut corners here anyway thinking it doesnt matter too much.well it does.

Junk

Junk

Yeah jim and im VERY impressed sofar.its the animal walker i have skywalker og x animal mints(just blazins version of a male animal cookie)i tried to get the high octane but they went fast.if youv got em you should pop em.iv never heard a bad word says about seed junky gear..heres a couple of snaps of the 2 a-walker phenos i got.
Cookie leaner.strangely this ones gonna be the best yeilderView attachment 561558 View attachment 561559 View attachment 561560 View attachment 561562skywalker og leanerView attachment 561564 View attachment 561565 View attachment 561566i forgot to mention,i ran some s2 gsc a while back and they wernt up go much.looked awesome and smelled ok but they didnt smoke that good.no were near as good as the devine s1.
Also id like to add that alot of growers can get good genetics,have great grow rooms and good grow skills and harvest some lovely buds but if they dont take the time to dry and cure it properly the good nugs will just smoke average.alot of growers let themselves down with theyr drying and curing practices by tryin to rush it.after all that effort whats an extra couple of weeks to make sure you end up with a good product.nothing but people cut corners here anyway thinking it doesnt matter too much.well it does.
What lights are you flowering under?

Junk

Junk

I guess it doesn't necessarily dominate but the favors are so unique every time I smoke crosses my mind focuses on the tw or bd flavor. Once you had Trainwreck you will generally taste it in any of the crosses. Obviously everyone's different.
I see. I thought you meant they were your favorite flavors. Which is fine if you were, I just wanted to understand.

Junk

Junk

^^ x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I see. I thought you meant they were your favorite flavors. Which is fine if you were, I just wanted to understand.
I'm like a pregnant woman with morning sickness some smells just get my stomach churning in the morning. Exhaust from diesel trucks gets me bad.

Junk

Junk

I'm like a pregnant woman with morning sickness some smells just get my stomach churning in the morning. Exhaust from diesel trucks gets me bad.
The specific smells I can't relate to, but I have the same stomach issues. I've used the bathroom, to go #2, 6 times already today. Word. It smells like Sour Diesel & I'm starting to wonder if I smoke to much lol.

I throw up at least 3 times a week. The only time I can/will eat is after medicating. Doctors say it's just severe IBS...but on top of everything else I deal with, it sucks.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

The specific smells I can't relate to, but I have the same stomach issues. I've used the bathroom, to go #2, 6 times already today. Word. It smells like Sour Diesel & I'm starting to wonder if I smoke to much lol.

I throw up at least 3 times a week. The only time I can/will eat is after medicating. Doctors say it's just severe IBS...but on top of everything else I deal with, it sucks.
That sucks. I rarely puke just feel it coming on watery mouth and the pre puke heaves. The smell of hard boiled eggs gets me bad my kids love to eat them for breakfast and I can't even peel them things without gagging but later in the day after my stomach settles I'm fine.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I get it brother...But how many words can you find to articulate why you like a strain that other people don't. Or why you don't like a strain that other people do.

People are just partial to things. I don't get how anyone could possibly like the restaurant Chili's. But no one is ever going to be able to explain to me what it is that they like as opposed to what I don't, or how that is...it just is.

Here is a more productive direction (talk about whatever you want, I don't care, I'm just trying to save you some time/aggravation) ...What strains DO you think live up to the hype?

I'm a big fan of Aj's Sour Diesel. In my opinion, that lives up to the hype. There a million SD's made by everyone these days, & a lot of them are good. But Aj's, for me, is the best I've had. I love the smell, taste, I love absolutely everything about it.

If I had to make a purchase decision, & I could get one oz of AJSD, OR two oz of Blue Dream for the same price, I would take Aj's SD, without hesitation. That's how little BD does for me. AJSD is da nuts in my opinion.

It's sort of a blessing that you don't like GSC, it's a mediocre yielder.

First of all, people like Chili's because it's cheap haha. I mean, I would never go there, but I suspect that that's the reason.

Never had AJ's SD, but I know what you mean. There was a dispensary I used to go to that was the BEST (sadly, it got shut down years ago). That's actually the place that turned me on to Sour Diesel. And Headband, too, actually. I dunno if it was the cut they had or the grower's abilities, but they had the most unbelievable SD and Headband that I actually havent ever gotten Headband from anywhere else (although I have smoked other people's) just because it was so perfect in every regard. Never seen HB that came anywhere close to that particular dispensaries version of it. Their SD, too, was the best I've ever seen, although I will still grab that from time to time (which reminds me, I've got a little bit of SD in the cupboard right now, totally forgot about that haha).

Strains that live up to the hype? I'm partial to Goji, but I think that's more for the medical benefits (for me), rather than the high. It totally takes away my desire to drink (which I also like to do sometimes haha). That's a good thing. Although I do like the high, too. In fact, a lot of Bodhi's strains have lived up to the hype. The only one of his I haven't enjoyed was the White Lotus. But I got some Stevie Wonder of his a while back, dunno if that's a "hyped" strain or not (although it seems like pretty much all of his strains are hyped haha), but it's definitely my current "favorite strain." Liked it so much I went back and stocked up.

NL5/Haze lives up to the hype, I think. Even the shittiest-grown version of that strain always makes me super-happy. And it's pretty easy to find shittily-grown NL5/Haze haha.

I see your point, though. And everybody else's, too. Had I never tried that one version of Sour Diesel that I used to get from MEDCO, I'd probably think that Sour Diesel sucked, too, as it's just very hard to find well-grown SD anymore. At least, not in dispensaries.

I have to say, though, that I do have a discerning eye. It's not like I'm just grabbing any ol' batch of GSC and then wondering what's so amazing about it. It always LOOKS really good, it just falls flat for me, every time. I also have a tendency to question things, especially things that receive a ton of hype, which is one of the reasons I started this thread.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Cookie leaner.strangely this ones gonna be the best yeilderView attachment 561558 View attachment 561559 View attachment 561560 View attachment 561562skywalker og leanerView attachment 561564 View attachment 561565 View attachment 561566i forgot to mention,i ran some s2 gsc a while back and they wernt up go much.looked awesome and smelled ok but they didnt smoke that good.no were near as good as the devine s1.

Man, that GSC-leaning one really does look, uh, GSC-leaning. Hope it smokes well for you.

sixstring

sixstring

First of all, people like Chili's because it's cheap haha. I mean, I would never go there, but I suspect that that's the reason.

Never had AJ's SD, but I know what you mean. There was a dispensary I used to go to that was the BEST (sadly, it got shut down years ago). That's actually the place that turned me on to Sour Diesel. And Headband, too, actually. I dunno if it was the cut they had or the grower's abilities, but they had the most unbelievable SD and Headband that I actually havent ever gotten Headband from anywhere else (although I have smoked other people's) just because it was so perfect in every regard. Never seen HB that came anywhere close to that particular dispensaries version of it. Their SD, too, was the best I've ever seen, although I will still grab that from time to time (which reminds me, I've got a little bit of SD in the cupboard right now, totally forgot about that haha).

Strains that live up to the hype? I'm partial to Goji, but I think that's more for the medical benefits (for me), rather than the high. It totally takes away my desire to drink (which I also like to do sometimes haha). That's a good thing. Although I do like the high, too. In fact, a lot of Bodhi's strains have lived up to the hype. The only one of his I haven't enjoyed was the White Lotus. But I got some Stevie Wonder of his a while back, dunno if that's a "hyped" strain or not (although it seems like pretty much all of his strains are hyped haha), but it's definitely my current "favorite strain." Liked it so much I went back and stocked up.

NL5/Haze lives up to the hype, I think. Even the shittiest-grown version of that strain always makes me super-happy. And it's pretty easy to find shittily-grown NL5/Haze haha.

I see your point, though. And everybody else's, too. Had I never tried that one version of Sour Diesel that I used to get from MEDCO, I'd probably think that Sour Diesel sucked, too, as it's just very hard to find well-grown SD anymore. At least, not in dispensaries.

I have to say, though, that I do have a discerning eye. It's not like I'm just grabbing any ol' batch of GSC and then wondering what's so amazing about it. It always LOOKS really good, it just falls flat for me, every time. I also have a tendency to question things, especially things that receive a ton of hype, which is one of the reasons I started this thread.

I def know what your sayin cause alot of shit my patients go gaga over i think is just average.but have you ever scoped the gsc nugz under a decent microscope to see if maybe they just picked too early or late.sometimes it comes down to personal preference like i always grab for the super amber stuff but some of my oeeps prefer it mostly cloudy with just a hint of amber.but out of 10 maybe 2 or 3 like it that way.one of my patients is so picky i always try to pluck some buds at 7wks or no amber.she just likes more of a racey buzz that gives her motivation.the couchlock stuff just makes her sleep or eat everything in site lol

Minitiger

Minitiger

Btw, @happy b , got some pics of the Apollo 11 f4 to post in that thread, just waiting for my girl to show me how to upload them to the computer. Her company just launched some new thing (I don't ask, cuz it just goes over my head haha) and she's literally been on her computer from 7am until 11pm every day for the last like ten days. But I'll post them at some point today. They look good, though. Flowering much faster than the other strains. Very branchy, too. Lots of bud sites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom