Girl Scout Cookies Is Nothing But Hype

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MBVapester

MBVapester

Looks fire outdoor too . Fat ass buds there ! Bud rot hits me when I get them that fat . I usually take all those leaves off not trim but all the fan leaves. Cut from stem not like how some do cutting leaves in half leaving grass smell behind. Just one thing I've learned. I do the hang dry no fan or maybe small fan to circulate air but not direct . That grow looks nice though !
Thanks for the compliments. I do have a fair bit of circulation in the grow area. Also humidity is lower here which is why I have some buds hanging in a paper bag to try to slow the dry process a bit.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Even in 2019 it's not that easy to get the real deal . If anything it's harder . Nothing but water down old Henri prone in the mass circulation if your lucky .

Are we on some type of armed guard 24/7 behind some laser field mission impossible shit now? The simple fact is when running big warehouses/greenhouses and hiring a bunch of people to run stuff like that control doesn't exist on that scale. When it was totally underground sure but even then. You are talking multi states now with disp full of this product. If they have that much to fill all these stores its not 2 people running it.

Nug pics? Don't have any. Don't take pics of every single run with ever single clone. Ran it a couple of times and passed it to the homies who want all that hype shit. Believe me or don't that's on you. Was cookies better then SFV, Ghost, or Larry? Nope. Is it better then the East Coast Clone? Nope. Is it better then the old Sweet Tooth, Blockhead or half the shit rezdog made? Def not. Was I about to give up a Mom spot for it. Well no. Brah this is nothing new. The Socal mindset of "THE BEST FUCKING WEED EVER PERIOD" has been around forever. The newer you are seems like the more you get wrapped up in that from lack of experience.

Cookies store in LA. Are the most popular and the Runts strain is now the most expensive and requested meds. Dr greenthumb store sell nothing but cookies strains too .

If you think its the end of all end to strains and you dig buying flowers from disp go for it. Do you. Nothing wrong with it. I could careless what other people like and don't like. I don't think in the last 18 years I have said "Oh shit whats hot in Socal right now" That is the whole point. It's all marketing and hype. Has been for a long time out of that area. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm not saying it's always like that. The flowers are just flowers from another strain. Again don't take offense if someone doesn't like it or calls it hyped up bullshit. I'm sure everyone on here and around the country and the world have way different views and access to different things. The people that listen to nothing but rap and smoke backwoods are gonna have a way different view from the people who follow Phish around or live out in the sticks in VA. If your whole scene is nothing but cookies and runts. Blast that shit out. There is nothing wrong with that. But if you come off with the bullshit of "you dont know, you cant get that, you have no idea...." bro that is telling in itself that you are caught up hook line and sinker in the game they have made.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Every strain is good shit if ya do a pheno hunt proper and grow er out nice. The LPs in Canada are notorious for growing just a random pheno of “cookies” or what have you and then folks are like “that shits no good” someone told me the other day not to grow any cheese strains cause they ordered some and it wasn’t any good.. like shit man I’ve smoked cheese that left my mouth feeling like I ate some dank European soft cheese and I was craving wine. Was beautiful full spectrum high.

roach

roach

Never grown the pure GSC since i live in a place where clones aren't available, but I have grown several crosses with it, and I really like the flavor profile it adds to the cross, hype or not I dont really care

themagicwthn

themagicwthn

Are we on some type of armed guard 24/7 behind some laser field mission impossible shit now? The simple fact is when running big warehouses/greenhouses and hiring a bunch of people to run stuff like that control doesn't exist on that scale. When it was totally underground sure but even then. You are talking multi states now with disp full of this product. If they have that much to fill all these stores its not 2 people running it.

Nug pics? Don't have any. Don't take pics of every single run with ever single clone. Ran it a couple of times and passed it to the homies who want all that hype shit. Believe me or don't that's on you. Was cookies better then SFV, Ghost, or Larry? Nope. Is it better then the East Coast Clone? Nope. Is it better then the old Sweet Tooth, Blockhead or half the shit rezdog made? Def not. Was I about to give up a Mom spot for it. Well no. Brah this is nothing new. The Socal mindset of "THE BEST FUCKING WEED EVER PERIOD" has been around forever. The newer you are seems like the more you get wrapped up in that from lack of experience.

If you think its the end of all end to strains and you dig buying flowers from disp go for it. Do you. Nothing wrong with it. I could careless what other people like and don't like. I don't think in the last 18 years I have said "Oh shit whats hot in Socal right now" That is the whole point. It's all marketing and hype. Has been for a long time out of that area. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm not saying it's always like that. The flowers are just flowers from another strain. Again don't take offense if someone doesn't like it or calls it hyped up bullshit. I'm sure everyone on here and around the country and the world have way different views and access to different things. The people that listen to nothing but rap and smoke backwoods are gonna have a way different view from the people who follow Phish around or live out in the sticks in VA. If your whole scene is nothing but cookies and runts. Blast that shit out. There is nothing wrong with that. But if you come off with the bullshit of "you dont know, you cant get that, you have no idea...." bro that is telling in itself that you are caught up hook line and sinker in the game they have made.
Slow your fucking roll man. Who are you ? Talking shit on a form about canibus is for kids . Smoke your swag . Keep your comments to your mom . Cookies is fire available bit still a rarity. Say what you want kid.

Kush Dreams

Kush Dreams

My opinion on this is gimme all dat.
Except orange bud that's fuckin headache material..... To some.
don't have it with orange bud crosses or lemons which supposedly also do give some ppl a headache.

I

ilterpgeek

I mainly stick to OGs and Chems and older stuff, I am in my 30s and seem to just prefer the stuff I had back in the day. The Illinois stores are pretty good about carrying older stuff. Lots of stuff from Bodhi and Archive for example.

That being said, some of the Cookie crosses are great. Some of the best flower I have seen this year has been Granola Funk which is Wookie 15 x Forum Cut... that bud reminds me of like quality mid 2000s stuff for some reason. It really is a great cross of the old and new. You do trade some of the bag appeal but oh well... it captures all the stuff that made Cookies good back in the day. Granola Funk actually reminds me a lot of really good lot bud from Phish tour in the late 90s. Take that for what you will.

Gelato is the one that I don't really understand the hype over but then again I love Sherbert. Will anything ever replace OGs and Chems for me? I doubt it but Cookies has staying power that is for sure. I just wish we knew for sure what it was. Cookies gave birth to a lot of the current hype strains that will not be around tomorrow but Cookies and Glue both have added some great crosses to the pool.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Unless your testing for all compounds within the plant , quality of the “high” is just opinionated! Lol everyone is looking for different affects! Hell thats why we grow our own do we can introduce the genetics/effects we desire! So all yo “SOCAL” guys quit with the hype. Relax and smoke another one! Enjoy

OG Doge

OG Doge

It all really boils down to having top notch genetics grown by people who actually care about what they are smoking.

Chemdog D x Forum Cut
20200310 192358

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Gotta say, I prefer real SD & Chem xs. The more sativa dom the better, like some good roadkill too if I find it. I'm not impressed with most of these new hybrids but I might change my mind since I'm growing some to see what I can do with them, might decide I like them even

C_Cat

C_Cat

It's funny, I didn't understand the hype. Smoked GSC a few times, first try nothing special at all. I h fired up a joint of Sour Diesel right behind the cookies and I was then content. 2nd try it was good not great, but worth smoking. I kept hearing about it and finally got a hold of 6 seeds that predominantly were GSC and over time cracked a few here and there. 18 months later I kept two. One takes 63 days and has a strong molasses and cocoa aroma I would call it. Moderate yield, another went 75 days, buds not as conical, smell not as loud, yields really well and had a spicy smell with just hint of the molasses.. Taste is hashy spice and a little cherry flavor on the exhale. This Pheno is hard to grow, needs call mag and a decent distance from the light. At the moment this and Tahoe OG Kush are my go to smokes.
Definitely a Chem type fan overall. Sour Diesel one if my all time favorite. Was gifted what was called Chemdog a long time ago, but it couldn't have been the real deal. With that said, I like the cookies I ended up with, and those I've smoked with didn't have to say a word about the taste after one time and the head is super strong 💪 and long lasting, super smooth smoke

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Give me a cut of that old Mendo heirloom Durban that's in the GSC. I could work with that. I'm of the opinion that the GSC is a lot of hype as well. Never been impressed. In fact, most all these "dessert" vars I find to be lacking. Sure, they look good. Smell nice. Have a pleasant flavor. But, what they do not possess imho is a true quality effect. They tease a semblance of head effect for 15-20. Never deliver. Then fall flat. 15 after that and I'm wanting a nap. Blah! Dull and boring. I'm an NLD lover though so.... Not into what has been coined the "hybrid fuck-up effect" which is in reference to the high profile most all these newer vars bring. Even still, if I'm going to smoke a WLD dom hybrid, I don't want to be lulled to sleep. I would rather be hammered dick in the dirt stoned straight away. Like the old AirbourneG13 and it's x's used to do for example. Like getting punched in the face stoned. Disoriented, discombobulated, dumbfounded, STONED! Too many of today's most popular vars just bring it ass backwards. All the traits that were always considered just the aesthetics are put before true complex quality of effect. Effect now seems to be an after thought in the selection process judging from a lot of what's being put out there now. All bark no bite. Again, just my opinion based on my personal experience. To each their own as they say. I'll keep smoking my airy, stringy flowers that look like they were pictured in the centerfold of a 1970's issue of HT. Burn hot and spicy. But, split my mind in two and open up that 3rd eye with waves of blissful energy. No cookies cakes or crumpets for me, thanks.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Give me a cut of that old Mendo heirloom Durban that's in the GSC. I could work with that. I'm of the opinion that the GSC is a lot of hype as well. Never been impressed. In fact, most all these "dessert" vars I find to be lacking. Sure, they look good. Smell nice. Have a pleasant flavor. But, what they do not possess imho is a true quality effect. They tease a semblance of head effect for 15-20. Never deliver. Then fall flat. 15 after that and I'm wanting a nap. Blah! Dull and boring. I'm an NLD lover though so.... Not into what has been coined the "hybrid fuck-up effect" which is in reference to the high profile most all these newer vars bring. Even still, if I'm going to smoke a WLD dom hybrid, I don't want to be lulled to sleep. I would rather be hammered dick in the dirt stoned straight away. Like the old AirbourneG13 and it's x's used to do for example. Like getting punched in the face stoned. Disoriented, discombobulated, dumbfounded, STONED! Too many of today's most popular vars just bring it ass backwards. All the traits that were always considered just the aesthetics are put before true complex quality of effect. Effect now seems to be an after thought in the selection process judging from a lot of what's being put out there now. All bark no bite. Again, just my opinion based on my personal experience. To each their own as they say. I'll keep smoking my airy, stringy flowers that look like they were pictured in the centerfold of a 1970's issue of HT. Burn hot and spicy. But, split my mind in two and open up that 3rd eye with waves of blissful energy. No cookies cakes or crumpets for me, thanks.
+1

Bluntsmoke

Bluntsmoke

Mocha, gelato and platinum cookies are good smoke. Girl scout is okay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom