Give Up The Funk

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

I'm wondering if theres anything
I can do to bring out the smell of my G13? When I harvest I pop all the fan leaves. Hang it for 7 or 8 days w 66 deg temps and 60%RH.
At which point I trim it. Put it in a vac bag. Suck the air out and seal it for 24hrs. (This is too tighten it up a lil and evenly distribute moisture). Then I put it in glass jars and burp it daily for 2 months.
Its not that it doesn't smell good. Actually it smells great. Once you crack a nug it explodes w a floral foot funk. Like a rose bush made love to a gym shoe.
The thing is Ive been criticized about the smell cuz it doesn't stink much when you open the bag. When the dude told me that i sed "isn't that the definition of a good cure?"It isn't till you crack open a bud that you get that pow.
So I'm looking for either some suggestions or maybe a lil assurance..

Toaster79

Toaster79

Your method seems fine to me. I only let them dry for 5-7 days then jar them. Few times a day for the first ween then whenever i open the jar to take out some smoke. Once you open the jar after a month you get a slap in your face from the smells comming out. So I'd say tha that guy is just fucking with you.

+++++Vibes

G gnome

G gnome

Your method seems fine to me. I only let them dry for 5-7 days then jar them. Few times a day for the first ween then whenever i open the jar to take out some smoke. Once you open the jar after a month you get a slap in your face from the smells comming out. So I'd say tha that guy is just fucking with you.

+++++Vibes
Pretty sure hes trying to sa e a buck
Nevertheless always looking to impove ya know?
Theres def enough moisture left after drying to get a good cure.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The g-13 I grew out during drying I could smell them terps from my driveway. Had to setup a scrubber just for my drying area. :D

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I think it's more pheno type than how you cure. Everybody does it a little different and if the strain is good then you get good cure/smell etc. I grew holy grail a few years ago outdoor and man I had a hard time trimming it because the smell was soooo intense it make you nauseous no joke. It smell great all the way lol

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Go light on the sulfur if you go that route
Too much and your gear will get a weird gunpowdery type taste
I speak from experience on this one, fck'd an entire crop once......

Use garden sulfur (NOT the same stuff you use in a burner)
It will acidify your soil slightly as well

waayne

waayne

Go light on the sulfur if you go that route
Too much and your gear will get a weird gunpowdery type taste
I speak from experience on this one, fck'd an entire crop once......

I'm not talking about doing sulphur burns @rubthe nub
I was suggesting adding more into his feed,as in molasses,and no .....,it won't make your buds taste like gunpowder if used appropriately....... If you added so much that your buds tasted like gunpowder,you totally fucked up the doseage....

G gnome

G gnome

Like I sed its not that it doesn't smell. I have to run 2 can 150's as scrubbers plus two can 75's(i think) on the exaust for a 6k set up. It just takes a lil agitating to make it stink.

G gnome

G gnome

I got it through a buddy. Don't know where it came from. Indoors and soiless.
Who's G-13 are you growing ? What is your growing style ? The G-13 I have will run you out of the house just popping the jar open.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm not talking about doing sulphur burns @rubthe nub
I was suggesting adding more into his feed,as in molasses,and no .....,it won't make your buds taste like gunpowder if used appropriately....... If you added so much that your buds tasted like gunpowder,you totally fucked up the doseage....
@waayne Help me out ...... I have been told to use unsulphered molasses. You suggested to use molasses in flower. If most peeps think unsulphered is what to use how is this going to up the sulphur content. I'm confused.

waayne

waayne

@jumpincactus Unsulphered does contain sulfur......,unsulphured molasses is always suggested because it has the greatest concentration of sulfur, potash,iron ,and micronutrients from the original cane material.
There are many different grades and types of molasses , but BlackStrap (unsulphered) is considered the best for organic gardening purposes. It also works as a chelating agent as well as feeding soil microbes

Top Bottom