Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
What about terpenator?
This also has sulphur?

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

I'm wondering if theres anything
I can do to bring out the smell of my G13? When I harvest I pop all the fan leaves. Hang it for 7 or 8 days w 66 deg temps and 60%RH.
At which point I trim it. Put it in a vac bag. Suck the air out and seal it for 24hrs. (This is too tighten it up a lil and evenly distribute moisture). Then I put it in glass jars and burp it daily for 2 months.
Its not that it doesn't smell good. Actually it smells great. Once you crack a nug it explodes w a floral foot funk. Like a rose bush made love to a gym shoe.
The thing is Ive been criticized about the smell cuz it doesn't stink much when you open the bag. When the dude told me that i sed "isn't that the definition of a good cure?"It isn't till you crack open a bud that you get that pow.
So I'm looking for either some suggestions or maybe a lil assurance..
if it smells in the bag the buds hav lost terps to the air. some terpenes are more volatile than others. And contrary to what other people say a longer curing time isn't necessarily good at all. actually burping is a complete waste of time if you ask me, only reintroduces o2 and loses volatiles. Takes me few days to cure

I vacuum down after curing and leave it in the dark someplace cold. curing stops the moment its in the bag. doesnt take long. The buds will pong like fuck if theyre warm, so if you leave the bag in the car or something for a bit you'll get a punch in the kisser when busting that seal. But hey each to their own

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if it smells in the bag the buds hav lost terps to the air. some terpenes are more volatile than others. And contrary to what other people say a longer curing time isn't necessarily good at all. actually burping is a complete waste of time if you ask me, only reintroduces o2 and loses volatiles. Takes me few days to cure

I vacuum down after curing and leave it in the dark someplace cold. curing stops the moment its in the bag. doesnt take long. The buds will pong like fuck if theyre warm, so if you leave the bag in the car or something for a bit you'll get a punch in the kisser when busting that seal. But hey each to their own

You have made some good points @cephalopoda , However I would disagree that longer cures aren't a good thing, if done correctly. I just popped a jar a jar last night of "Ultra Sour" Mk Ultra x ECSD after 15 mos since jarred. I can tell you it smells smokes and has the same kick in the azz as it did the day it went in the jar!!! My name is JumpinC and I endorse this message. LOL

pharmafarmer

pharmafarmer

Isn't terpenator basically a recast of PK with a different label? I would have to agree with jumpinC, and it's just really hard to get a longer cure correct. For those of us who cbf (yours truly fat lazy oaf) shorter is prolly more practical

Goodfuck

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
IMHO Terpinator is a farce. Snake oil geared to take money from the unwitting.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Live n learn bro. I beleieve you when you say you didnt really see a diff

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

add more effective microorganisms to your grow media. endo-innoculants it will make the plant develop the terpene profile with more sustenance

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

i use a mix of sucanat and maple sap water, or maple syrup. I find the maple sap water just explodes the trichomes in the last weeks.

shemshemet

shemshemet

I can't find it anymore, but I had a chart that outlined as photosynthesis increases, secondary metabolite production decreases.

If this is true, higher yields may mean necessarily lower quality. Too bad I can't find the chart and look at the facts again. Can't really defend that point nor argue it...shit

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

well i just read your post again.. when you're curing your buds are still moist in the center correct? it's really better to cure with all the buds intact to the stems. get the fan leaf off, don't touch the leaf protecting the buds. pile in black unscented garbage bags loosely tie close. at fist check after 5 hours if there's droplets in the bag dry your buds more.. the whole point of curing if to permeate the moisture from the center of the whole bag outward. so all the moisture in the center of the buds speads out through the bud. then when you get those spongy bud take 1 check if the center stem cracks us a nice size nug to test. if it's good to go trim off the protecting bud leafs (hash trim) and then de-stem and jar your buds don't need to burp or anything. the smell will only increase. and doing this method your hash trim has been cured and will have better potency.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Got a nice sized sample of this from local shop.
Tried it in two separate strains I've ran for many years, side by side comparison.
Ebb and Flow, 4 plants under 1000w, co2, etc.... Both feed same nutrients(GH Floranova series).
Death Star and Agent Orange, couldn't get much further apart as far as smell and taste NORMALLY.

It was "louder" with the Terpinator BUT it just wasn't the same smell as the 'regular'/base line plants.
Both strains ran with the Terpinator had a similar smell 'underneath'. The original aromas weren't gone completely just different. Both strains ran with the Terpinator had very similar taste as well. Normally the DS and AO taste completely different, you could hardly tell them apart when I used Terpinator.

None of the buds made it into my stash jars and I did not purchase or use the product again, fwiw

shemshemet

shemshemet

I wouldn't purchase a product that doesn't even say what it is.

Plasma

Plasma

I've had the same problem with strains before. It didnt matter what I tried to remedy the lack of punch, all I managed was to give the bag a light squeeze when handing over to my customer. This opened the buds up a little and their beautiful aromas were released!

juniper

juniper

There's something to be said for familiarity...especially if you live where you grow. I can crack a jar of some stuff I smell everyday and I barely notice. But someone who comes over cracks the jar and thinks its crazy strong smelling. Sometimes I can't even smell a flowering bud unless I leave all day and come back later to smell it.

@G gnome it sounds like you're doing everything right for a good cure, other factors must be at play. If it isn't familiarity, it might just be that it isn't a crazy loud cut. Is it just your G13 that doesn't reek?

dorjewright

dorjewright

I used to feed molasses and earth juice catalyst the last few weeks and always had a slightly acrid/ bitter after taste even though the exhale was sweet. The Rev thinks magnesium from the molasses is the culprit. Fed just plain water last 2 weeks this time; went a long way to eliminating that after taste.

Top Bottom