Gold Label coco? Is it worth it?

• Thread starter deep buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deep buddy

deep buddy

so i have the chance to get bout 40 bags for under 10$ a piece. im currently using Canna coco. it looks very similar in texture. it says on the bag that they follow R.H.P. standards which are that they are not steam sterilized. anyone with experience please let me know. thanks in advance! Deep Buddy.

R

RIVERKAT

I don't like it. It seems heavier and kind of muddy at times. I tried it and promptly switched back to Canna. I've tried Botanicare (pretty good), Gold Label, and Canna. IMO Canna is the way to go but I'd like to give the Atami a try.

U

UGK 4 Life

I ONLY use gold label but I've used canna, botanicare, black gold, and a few others. As you said the texture is very similar to canna. I've noticed a lot less crap (sticks, plastic, etc) in the gold label more than the others. I cut it with 50 % perlite, no rinse, and Ive been problem free for a long time. I'm really not sure what riverkat is talking about with it being muddy, maybe he's thinking of black gold?? Anyways, at $10 a bag you can't go wrong. Its $25 a bag before discount at the local hydro store. I also recommend reusing your coco if you don't have problems, so 40 bags can take you a really long way. Hope this helps.

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

Im gona make the Switch to Gold Label to try it out i run canna too and its time for sumthan new im trying to get my hydroponics store to carry the House & Garden Coco!

deep buddy

deep buddy

thanks guys. im going to grab some and test its ec and ph against the canna. if its within acceptable ranges ill hop on it. i do plan on reusing my coco for sure. im pretty new to coco as this is my first run w/ pure coco. ill throw up some pics in a week or two.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

I just bought some to use for my next run. EC is guaranteed to be under 0.5

homebrew420

homebrew420

That is what I am using Deep! Shit is great. no better or worst than Canna, or botanicare really. Never noticed any difference between the growth rate or quality.
On a side not I may have something new for ya to run if your interested. Hit me up homes.

Peace

deep buddy

deep buddy

That is what I am using Deep! Shit is great. no better or worst than Canna, or botanicare really. Never noticed any difference between the growth rate or quality.
On a side not I may have something new for ya to run if your interested. Hit me up homes.

Peace
yeah thats where im getting it. they have almost a whole pallet of it in the back.
im grabbing a bunch of stuff next week.

also should have a bunch of beans in a week or two. thanks again. ill catch up with you sometime this week.

aleYarok

aleYarok

i fucking love it! my hydro shop guy convinced me cause he loves it so much. even ripped open an bag to show me and that sold me on the spot. i fucking love the texture of it. so clean.
on the next grow gonna be mixing it with 50% perlite in beds.

deep buddy

deep buddy

i fucking love it! my hydro shop guy convinced me cause he loves it so much. even ripped open an bag to show me and that sold me on the spot. i fucking love the texture of it. so clean.
on the next grow gonna be mixing it with 50% perlite in beds.
good to hear ! and beds are exactly what im thinking too! picked up 25 bags and got a steal on cns17 as well. still got a bunch of canna left so itll be awhile before i give it a go but ive heard good things about it as well. thanks again all you guys. Buddy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom