Golden Lion Genetics

• Thread starter baba G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, that's fairly potent for a veg formula, In veg I prefer to not keep them over vegging or too lush a green, I like to give them just enough food to keep them from hurting, with most varieties I grow after they hit the flower light pattern they take off so much that I don't worry bout them growing too much n veg...

But it depends on your situation...I would try an EC of 1 and see what happens, plants don't typically need anything over 800ppm in veg in most my experience.

baba G

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
But again it depends on your waters EC and stuff....
Luckily I have a ppm of about 50 or so outta my faucet, I'm on a well, so no chlorine type of treatments too. So, when I use 750ppm I'm getting 700 or so of it nutrients.

Anyways, I'm babbling, try a lower ec on that oldschool gal and I bet you she hits a nice growth spurt...

nuttso

nuttso

haha. there we go. my tap is 250 ppm. i think mostly ca/mg. ok will try feeding her with a lower ec. Another question. Whats your favorite growing medium so far? I'm in coco right now.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Not sure if I have a favorite, but I do like Pro-Mix Bx and Canna Bio Terra Plus had a great texture and drainage. I like soiless and rockwool indoors and dirt from the local guy outdoors...

I've dabbled with coco and it's ok but I prefer pro-mix. Tried Canna coco, B'cuzz coco and Botanicare's ready gro moisture formula I still use for moms. I agree with people that coco creates fast growth and has a stable pH, but I see faster growth rates from rockwool overall. And with my end result not differing a whole lot with dirt/soiless vs coco I couldn't justify the price...

But all the mediums work, some better than others for some dependent on your grow room methods, i.e. temps, watering method, food...

The key seems to be that you get your plants to dry out as when you water is the only time your rootzone takes up oxygen...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Nice, very nice, I wish you luck on your oldschool clone! I've got a bagseed from the ole days, was the only one outta the last 11 beans that popped. She lifted her skirt and low and behold showed me a couple hairs...was hoping for a dude tho...lol

Gonna do something with her after seeing her go to term

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

U got some very intresting strains. I would love 2 try some of ur gear.. I hope some Banana crosses get released.. Maybe Banana split.. They all sound kool.. But I really want some banana crosses in my garden.. Great work

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey MakinGoo,

Thanks for checking out the gear, much more to come soon...
Big release in the Fall is in the works, and we will get you mashing with the banana hybrids!

baba G

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Thanks for taking a look Builtaforest,

Love my trees, surrounded by them every day is the only way!
One of the most pleasant things in life is the view and man it is nice out the window or the deck...lol

Would love to help you fill your forest with some new beans in the future.

Do you have a favorite species of tree?

You are indeed right! Perception is reality in life and man.. the view has just gotta be worth it :party0042:

Have just been bouncing around checking out different genetics... imo it's a numbers game. Heavy on the Chem and OG hybrids, but always interested on how the different artists blend new varieties :)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
D King

Personally I don't breed with or run any chemdogs now as they aren't my cup of tea, but I do love me some great OG!

I know I said that a page ago, but have run many dogs, and do have some outdoor and have the last untested D King pheno from the last seed and it's getting tested! I've seen a few D King phenos and if this one is anything like the rest, she's a beautiful workhorse!! Only time will tell...

Here's a pic of her upclose
IMG_03671.JPG

A

AliasAO

Those seem to be my two sides on my see saw-- Chem related and OG related.

Ive been waiting for quite some time to get some banana species in my grow lab tho.

Cant wait for your release baba G!!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Thanks for stopping by AliasAO, the banana ogerkush is a winner! A few years ago I was pondering what variety of seed I wanted to get to find a male for my initial OG Kush outcross, since I really liked my female Tahoe cut and new OG is special I debated between going the afghani route or this way or that way...lol

And then was thinking shit, Orgnkid already did a great outcross with that 60-40whatever it was(sometimes when I see diff banana ogerkush phenos I can almost swear that that mystery 60-40 is PotOGold!but that is just a thought and who knows...) So, basically I used the best male I found outta a treasured pack of Banana Oger Kush and decided to use him on some of my fav females I had at the time and man ah man I shoulda cloned that dude...lol

Everything he touched just went up in yield and got wild flavors thrown in the mix it seems. Having the banana ogerkush male pollinate my Tahoe was an OG bc kinda and seemed rather fitting with Banana Split OG, like a banana sandwhiched by the Ghost cut and Tahoe....lmao

baba G

A

AliasAO

Thanks for stopping by AliasAO, the banana ogerkush is a winner! A few years ago I was pondering what variety of seed I wanted to get to find a male for my initial OG Kush outcross, since I really liked my female Tahoe cut and new OG is special I debated between going the afghani route or this way or that way...lol

And then was thinking shit, Orgnkid already did a great outcross with that 60-40whatever it was(sometimes when I see diff banana ogerkush phenos I can almost swear that that mystery 60-40 is PotOGold!but that is just a thought and who knows...) So, basically I used the best male I found outta a treasured pack of Banana Oger Kush and decided to use him on some of my fav females I had at the time and man ah man I shoulda cloned that dude...lol

Everything he touched just went up in yield and got wild flavors thrown in the mix it seems. Having the banana ogerkush male pollinate my Tahoe was an OG bc kinda and seemed rather fitting with Banana Split OG, like a banana sandwhiched by the Ghost cut and Tahoe....lmao

baba G

Hahaa.. thats exactly what im looking for to start my first little breeding experiments--- a nice hard hitting male--

Looking forward to that banana Oger... ill b looking for a stud. lol

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Sweet! Yeah my only complaint about Orgnkids Banana Ogerkush was it's hard to find a potent pheno, but a tasty, high yielding ones are rampant! So, with the Tahoe OG female lending half the banana split I experience more potency with banana split over banana ogerkush. The rOarGe pheno of Banana Split OG is most def going to a lab next harvest as she is my most potent plant.

Can anyone recommend a lab? Seems to be new ones popping up at a rapid rate...

baba G

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
steep hill is who i have used and they are quick

Reactions: mal
A

AliasAO

Sweet! Yeah my only complaint about Orgnkids Banana Ogerkush was it's hard to find a potent pheno, but a tasty, high yielding ones are rampant! So, with the Tahoe OG female lending half the banana split I experience more potency with banana split over banana ogerkush. The rOarGe pheno of Banana Split OG is most def going to a lab next harvest as she is my most potent plant.

Can anyone recommend a lab? Seems to be new ones popping up at a rapid rate...

baba G

http://steephilllab.com/

That is the most recognized lab in regards to testing.. at least around Cali parts. Check it out.

The split in the banana sounds amazing..

So ur saying its Tahoe OG x Banana Oger?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Cool, they seem to be one of or the first and very professional from what I've heard, I'll take a look at their website

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Banana Split OG

http://steephilllab.com/

That is the most recognized lab in regards to testing.. at least around Cali parts. Check it out.

The split in the banana sounds amazing..

So ur saying its Tahoe OG x Banana Oger?

Yeah, male banana Oger dusted Tahoe OG cut, esentially an OGbc using a diff pheno or OG cut. I like that the Ghost cut was used in Orgnkids and than the Tahoe made an appearance; so, I call it Banana split by 2 diff OG's = Banana Split OG! LOL

I was even more proud of the Headband x Banana Ogerkush = Bandana OG, that one came to me on a good afternoon bbq!!
I love words and enjoy word games n the like...

baba G

A

AliasAO

Yeah, male banana Oger dusted Tahoe OG cut, esentially an OGbc using a diff pheno or OG cut. I like that the Ghost cut was used in Orgnkids and than the Tahoe made an appearance; so, I call it Banana split by 2 diff OG's = Banana Split OG! LOL

I was even more proud of the Headband x Banana Ogerkush = Bandana OG, that one came to me on a good afternoon bbq!!
I love words and enjoy word games n the like...

baba G

Who doesnt enjoy good word play especially when it leads to a little $$$ making and love spreading.

My question my friend is when Can i get my loving hands on some of your banana gear--- , <<<<<< Thats what she said. lol

Top Bottom