Status
Not open for further replies.
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Flower closeup
Ready to unwind

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yo! Sorry for being AWOL. Bought a house out in Cali last year and the renters I had in there moved out so I took the opportunity to rehab it for the new renters coming in. Took the walls down to stud and hung drywall, repainted the entire interior(2 bed/2 bath) and rehabbed, replumbed and rewired the entire house. It was just me so I was pretty wore out at the end of the day and the only thing I wanted to see was a beer, a joint and bed!!! LOL!!

I just got back a few hours ago from a 26 hour drive but I checked the girls and they're ready to be chopped! All milky trichs with a few amber ones. I could probably let them go for another week for a little more ambering but I'm going to cut them down today so that they're a little more uplifting for day smoke.

Pics will follow soon!!!
Welcome back Roots and nice work gettin all that wrapped up. Sounds like you was 1 man showin it out there and kick some ass. Now time to sit back and Kiyosaki a bit. Not sure how you leave and come back to frosty shit ready to harvest but I like your style and whoever it is cared for the babes in toyland while were away. Happy Thanksgiving out there

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Welcome back Roots and nice work gettin all that wrapped up. Sounds like you was 1 man showin it out there and kick some ass. Now time to sit back and Kiyosaki a bit. Not sure how you leave and come back to frosty shit ready to harvest but I like your style and whoever it is cared for the babes in toyland while were away. Happy Thanksgiving out there
I probably shouldn't be saying this but basically I just set the auto irrigate and left. The dehu was dumping H20 in the reservoir so I didn't need to refresh. A buddy swung by and checked on them once. I started out with around 1200 PPM before I left. After 3 weeks he went by and checked the nutrient solution and it was at around 800. He added a little more FN Bloom and raised it to 1000ppm and that's it. Solution PH was stable at 6.3 so no need to adjust. I let it dilute down until I arrived yesterday. Solution tested at 320ppm when I arrived. Semi flush.

Cut them down and hung them upside down today. Tent specs are 75*/61% humidity for the cure stage. They should be ready to be broken down off the main stem in 5 - 6 days and hung on their respective branches for another week or so. Then it's time to remove them from their stems and screen them until they're ready to be jarred and burped. Should be around a 4 or 5 days on the screen for that to happen.

Cure stage 1

I wanted to test out the irrigation system I setup to see if I could get it to work on a more longer term/minimal intrusion basis. I wanted to see if the system could truly be "hands off". I had a remote camera on order but Amazon F'ed up the order and it never arrived so I couldn't monitor them remotely. I had to bug my buddy to check on them. I was gone 6 weeks and when I left the flowers were in week 4, IIRC. Elev8 Seeds says it's an 8 - 10 weeker but my past grows with GG4 have seen harvest times more akin to 10 - 12 weeks so I shot for that as my timeframe.

Worked out great. The nutrient solution tank could use an aquarium circulator to keep the solution better mixed but other than that the rest of it worked flawlessly for under $60. I checked soil wetness and it was lightly dry on top and lightly damp at finger depth. I had set it on an every other day/tues/thurs/sat schedule as in the past I noticed GG4 likes increased feeding frequency but lighter volume of water to keep soil at a little more moist a level than I had it at in veg for maximum availability.

I also wanted to see if all the safety protocols I stick to were worth it and it seems that was case. No PM. No mites. This is with the tent closed for 6 weeks with only one intervention when my buddy came over and checked on them 3 weeks after I left. I believe the training and care I gave them in the beginning set them up to be able to do their thing without my interfering or disrupting their environment. Basically holds up the idea that helicoptering your grow is unneccessary if you set them up for success!

ACI data says that while I was gone the tent temp max was 80* and 64* min. Humidity max was 70% and min was 40%. VPS max was 1.79 and min was .69

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I probably shouldn't be saying this but basically I just set the auto irrigate and left. The dehu was dumping H20 in the reservoir so I didn't need to refresh. A buddy swung by and checked on them once. I started out with around 1200 PPM before I left. After 3 weeks he went by and checked the nutrient solution and it was at around 800. He added a little more FN Bloom and raised it to 1000ppm and that's it. Solution PH was stable at 6.3 so no need to adjust. I let it dilute down until I arrived yesterday. Solution tested at 320ppm when I arrived. Semi flush.
yeah you should because that is fked up. Mine grows are so far from hands off like yours that it is unfair and rude that you would post that 😅 Not cool that your tent was opened once in that long of time 😲
Cut them down and hung them upside down today. Tent specs are 75*/61% humidity for the cure stage. They should be ready to be broken down off the main stem in 5 - 6 days and hung on their respective branches for another week or so. Then it's time to remove them from their stems and screen them until they're ready to be jarred and burped. Should be around a 4 or 5 days on the screen for that to happen.
I must be going blind because that looks like sunlight on the plant hanging. And when you say tent specs you are doin 75/61 during dry? why the fk I fight so hard to get temps down to 61 if 75 is fine. I've seen this before too. You've done that plenty with not droppin temps drastically during dry and it is always fine? I think by lowering the temps so much that I make my room dryer or harder to control the RH in. Hmmm
I wanted to test out the irrigation system I setup to see if I could get it to work on a more longer term/minimal intrusion basis. I wanted to see if the system could truly be "hands off". I had a remote camera on order but Amazon F'ed up the order and it never arrived so I couldn't monitor them remotely. I had to bug my buddy to check on them. I was gone 6 weeks and when I left the flowers were in week 4, IIRC. Elev8 Seeds says it's an 8 - 10 weeker but my past grows with GG4 have seen harvest times more akin to 10 - 12 weeks so I shot for that as my timeframe.
Had me at elev8 seeds. Shit is sick
Worked out great. The nutrient solution tank could use an aquarium circulator to keep the solution better mixed but other than that the rest of it worked flawlessly for under $60. I checked soil wetness and it was lightly dry on top and lightly damp at finger depth. I had set it on an every other day/tues/thurs/sat schedule as in the past I noticed GG4 likes increased feeding frequency but lighter volume of water to keep soil at a little more moist a level than I had it at in veg for maximum availability.

I also wanted to see if all the safety protocols I stick to were worth it and it seems that was case. No PM. No mites. This is with the tent closed for 6 weeks with only one intervention when my buddy came over and checked on them 3 weeks after I left. I believe the training and care I gave them in the beginning set them up to be able to do their thing without my interfering or disrupting their environment. Basically holds up the idea that helicoptering your grow is unneccessary if you set them up for success!

ACI data says that while I was gone the tent temp max was 80* and 64* min. Humidity max was 70% and min was 40%. VPS max was 1.79 and min was .69
Pfft lemme know if ever puddle jump through Phoenix area. Could use your help automating.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I must be going blind because that looks like sunlight on the plant hanging. And when you say tent specs you are doin 75/61 during dry? why the fk I fight so hard to get temps down to 61 if 75 is fine. I've seen this before too. You've done that plenty with not droppin temps drastically during dry and it is always fine? I think by lowering the temps so much that I make my room dryer or harder to control the RH in. Hmmm

That's the living room light. The tent is in my living room. I'm exhausting out of the chimney.

Living room view

The tent specs are what it's currently at but I'm going to try and drop the temp to around 70* - 72* and 55% - 60% humidity for this phase of the cure. I don't want to cook off the terpenes but I want to draw out the moisture at the core of the flower so I need the conditions to be at a point where moisture is being pulled but slowly so I retain all the other characteristics that have been building on the flower. I could certainly cure at the current temp and I would be fine so I can strive for the abovementioned specs but if it stays where it's at it should be fine.

For you the lowering of temp is more about pushing essential oils into the flower towards the end of your flower run. Had I been there to monitor the tent I would have stepped down temperature just as CG instructed you to do. That's my next project. How to setup HVAC control to the lung room so that I can program the decline in temp and humidity in the final weeks of flower. Thankfully they came out ok with the conditions they were given but I would have preferred to be there to be able to drop temp/humidity to give them that extra push at the end. Didn't think I was going to be away as long as I was but it also helped me proof of concept my irrigation system.

If you don't know look up how an A/C works. One of the things it needs to work is dry air. It would follow that the lower your temp the dryer your air will be to maintain that temp. If the temp is too low in cure you may run into mold issues.

Drove through Tucson and Yuma off the 8. Maybe I'll hop up to the 10 and swing through Phoenix and give you a hand if you need it but you're smart enough to be able to handle it. Just copy what I did.

Damn....just reviewed the weather forecast for my area. Rainy for the next 10 days which means it'll be harder to drop humidity which means a few more days in the first phase of cure.😒

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Having issues keeping humidity down due to high ambient humidity in my neck of the woods so I may break them down off the main stem a day or two sooner so that I don't run into any mold issues.

Tent specs currently are 75*/63%

Last edited:
ninjadip

ninjadip

Having issues keeping humidity down due to high ambient humidity in my neck of the woods so I may break them down off the main stem a day or two sooner so that I don't run into any mold issues.

Tent specs currently are 75*/63%
What about starting a fire? Lol idk but I wonder if that would help while your there to reduce humidity, and I like fireplaces lol

You got good air movement in there? If humidity is high another pole fan will help to reduce mold issues even with high humidity.

Edit, I just remembered you are done growing, and drying. Ignore everything above lol

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What about starting a fire? Lol idk but I wonder if that would help while your there to reduce humidity, and I like fireplaces lol

You got good air movement in there? If humidity is high another pole fan will help to reduce mold issues even with high humidity.

Edit, I just remembered you are done growing, and drying. Ignore everything above lol
No worries!😁

I just started to snip off some of the larger fan leaves to reduce the pool of moisture the plant has to draw from. I'll probably begin separating branches from the main stem in a couple days as it doesn't look like the ambient humidity is going to drop much.

I have a pole fan and a Honeywell Turbo fan moving the air in the tent and the T6 removing the humid air out of the tent so air flow is good. It's tough to drop humidity when it's 100% outside!😏

I went ahead and tried to open up the branches to allow more air flow between them so that moisture doesn't build up in any one area and start to mold. I'm probably OK if I was able to leave them untouched for 6 weeks and no PM they're probably OK not to mold but I'm going to play it by ear for now but the weather forecast is not looking good as far as humidity drop so better safe than sorry.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That's the living room light. The tent is in my living room. I'm exhausting out of the chimney.
I like your style. I'm triple teaming the only door to the attic. One is for each 4x4 and the 3rd is for 14K btu portable AC that mine as well breathe fire out its exhaust.
The tent specs are what it's currently at but I'm going to try and drop the temp to around 70* - 72* and 55% - 60% humidity for this phase of the cure. I don't want to cook off the terpenes but I want to draw out the moisture at the core of the flower so I need the conditions to be at a point where moisture is being pulled but slowly so I retain all the other characteristics that have been building on the flower. I could certainly cure at the current temp and I would be fine so I can strive for the abovementioned specs but if it stays where it's at it should be fine.

For you the lowering of temp is more about pushing essential oils into the flower towards the end of your flower run. Had I been there to monitor the tent I would have stepped down temperature just as CG instructed you to do. That's my next project. How to setup HVAC control to the lung room so that I can program the decline in temp and humidity in the final weeks of flower. Thankfully they came out ok with the conditions they were given but I would have preferred to be there to be able to drop temp/humidity to give them that extra push at the end. Didn't think I was going to be away as long as I was but it also helped me proof of concept my irrigation system.
I'm in week 4 of flower in 1 tent and other tent is 6 weeks into veg. I can only expect so much with 2 tents in the same room with my current setup. My flower tent 4 weeks in is 30-40RH all the time and temps are 75-80 with lights on and 62-65 lights off
If you don't know look up how an A/C works. One of the things it needs to work is dry air. It would follow that the lower your temp the dryer your air will be to maintain that temp. If the temp is too low in cure you may run into mold issues.
Yeah the portable AC I have may not be the best solution this harvest. It seems absolutely needed when harvest during summer to keep room from being wayy too hot but I don't think I will need it 6 weeks from now. I think Ii am going to finally crack the dry and cure phase this harvest and I'm fkin fired up about it actually. Going to load up a real fare amount into mini fridge and slow dry/cure for months. Rest I may do in boxes but sure as shit not doing in the tent. I am 0-2 on using a tent to dry. Too much space imo. I used fan on bottom and aimed at wall still I think it is too much. After drying some last harvest in the wine fridge I learned a lot. The only drawback to the min fridge is it isn't bigger and it slooooooowly drys. It ain't for the impatient but it is incredibly easy and proficient in maintaining temps and RH when you can do it digitally and have a window to look through. Just open door every couple days and/or when see it is needed otherwise can just press up or down on temp. I kept at 60/60 for so long I got bored tbh because I didn't know what I was doing and was experimenting.
Drove through Tucson and Yuma off the 8. Maybe I'll hop up to the 10 and swing through Phoenix and give you a hand if you need it but you're smart enough to be able to handle it. Just copy what I did.

Damn....just reviewed the weather forecast for my area. Rainy for the next 10 days which means it'll be harder to drop humidity which means a few more days in the first phase of cure.😒
Oh shit you were within a couple hours. Yes for sure let me know when go west again. Damn rain for 10 days? How many days has it been since you chopped?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

No worries!😁

I just started to snip off some of the larger fan leaves to reduce the pool of moisture the plant has to draw from. I'll probably begin separating branches from the main stem in a couple days as it doesn't look like the ambient humidity is going to drop much.

I have a pole fan and a Honeywell Turbo fan moving the air in the tent and the T6 removing the humid air out of the tent so air flow is good. It's tough to drop humidity when it's 100% outside!😏

I went ahead and tried to open up the branches to allow more air flow between them so that moisture doesn't build up in any one area and start to mold. I'm probably OK if I was able to leave them untouched for 6 weeks and no PM they're probably OK not to mold but I'm going to play it by ear for now but the weather forecast is not looking good as far as humidity drop so better safe than sorry.

100% wow. I was curious as to what mine is here so looked and it is 24% 😲

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I like your style. I'm triple teaming the only door to the attic. One is for each 4x4 and the 3rd is for 14K btu portable AC that mine as well breathe fire out its exhaust.
If a 14k portable is doing the job but spitting fire a 2K Mini split with heat pump will solve your temp problems. Southwest doesn't have high humidity issues so a simple dehu to assist the mini split would be all that is needed to stay in range. Not sure of your budget or space constraints but that would essentially solve your environmental issues.

I'm in week 4 of flower in 1 tent and other tent is 6 weeks into veg. I can only expect so much with 2 tents in the same room with my current setup. My flower tent 4 weeks in is 30-40RH all the time and temps are 75-80 with lights on and 62-65 lights off
What is the VPD for your 4wk tent? RH seems a tad low at that stage. I'd try and keep it in the low 50% - high 45% range. I'd go sub 40% last 3 weeks of flower depending on cultivar. I'm basing this on your day temps. If your day temps were lower then I would say that you're probably ok in the 40's for humidity. Night temps are a bit cool. You want to keep it within a 10* temp swing. Heat pump on the mini split would be able to regulate that side of it for you with a basic thermostat in the lung room along with cooling duties.🤓

Not sure if you have this but it's helpful in targeting the ranges you want to be in and what you need to raise or lower to fall in that range:
VPD chart

Of course all of this is contingent on what CG's input is which, I hope, agrees with my own!😌

Yeah the portable AC I have may not be the best solution this harvest. It seems absolutely needed when harvest during summer to keep room from being wayy too hot but I don't think I will need it 6 weeks from now. I think Ii am going to finally crack the dry and cure phase this harvest and I'm fkin fired up about it actually. Going to load up a real fare amount into mini fridge and slow dry/cure for months. Rest I may do in boxes but sure as shit not doing in the tent. I am 0-2 on using a tent to dry. Too much space imo. I used fan on bottom and aimed at wall still I think it is too much. After drying some last harvest in the wine fridge I learned a lot. The only drawback to the min fridge is it isn't bigger and it slooooooowly drys. It ain't for the impatient but it is incredibly easy and proficient in maintaining temps and RH when you can do it digitally and have a window to look through. Just open door every couple days and/or when see it is needed otherwise can just press up or down on temp. I kept at 60/60 for so long I got bored tbh because I didn't know what I was doing and was experimenting.

Not sure why your tent cure wasn't successful. It just needs the right range to be successful. Again, mini-split would give you the consistent environment. Not trying to sell you on it but just saying it seems to be the obvious choice if you have the budget/space.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I don't remember if you have a way to determine VPD like I do through ACI's app but here are the formulas to work them out manually:

How Do You Calculate VPD?

To calculate Air VPD you just need two things: temperature & humidity, but there are a couple of steps.

How to calculate air VPD:

1. Figure out the SVP

• SVP = 610.78 x e^(T / (T +237.3) x 17.2694)
      • T is in degrees Celsius
      • The result, SVP, is in pascals (divide by 1000 to get kPa)
      • e is a mathematical constant called Euler's Number, approximately equal to 2.71828.
  2. Calculate the VPD

• SVP x (1 – RH/100) = VPD

However, since the inside of a plant is water, the plants feel a different VPD than just the normal Air VPD. If you want to figure out what’s going on with the plant, you need to consider the cooling effect of evaporating water as it exits the leaves’ stomata. To calculate this, you need to know the difference between the air temperature at canopy level, and the temperature of the leaves. An IR thermometer is useful for this.

How to calculate leaf VPD:

1. Figure out the air SVP (ASVP)

• Same formula as getting the SVP for air VPD
  2. Figure out the leaf SVP (LSVP)

• It is the same formula as ASVP, but you use the leaf temperature in your calculation (typically 1-3 °C or 2-5 °F cooler)
  3. Leaf VPD = LSVP – (ASVP x RH/100)

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Day 3 of 1st phase of Dry

Today was sunny so ambient humidity dropped allowing me to be able to drop humidity in the lung room and tent.

Current Tent Specs

Temp - 73.2*
Humidity - 62%
KpA - .89

Curious if VPD has any effect on dry/cure rate.......

Weather forecast changed some and now it looks like not as much rain is forecast so it looks like I may be able to stay on plan. I'm riding just outside of the higher end of the zone I want to be in but I think if I keep the branches open for more air circulation and good air circulation within the tent I should be fine.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

If a 14k portable is doing the job but spitting fire a 2K Mini split with heat pump will solve your temp problems. Southwest doesn't have high humidity issues so a simple dehu to assist the mini split would be all that is needed to stay in range. Not sure of your budget or space constraints but that would essentially solve your environmental issues.
lol I hear ya but my wife wouldn't. No mas $ for a bit. I need this to bring temps up. I need this to bring temps down. RH up and RH down. Fans and gadgets and every device on the planet to measure everything. All the nutes for a grow in coco oh wait no all that you need for living soil. At this point having to buy anything else is gettin me a wee bit too close to not wanting to grow at all 😞
What is the VPD for your 4wk tent? RH seems a tad low at that stage. I'd try and keep it in the low 50% - high 45% range. I'd go sub 40% last 3 weeks of flower depending on cultivar. I'm basing this on your day temps. If your day temps were lower then I would say that you're probably ok in the 40's for humidity. Night temps are a bit cool. You want to keep it within a 10* temp swing. Heat pump on the mini split would be able to regulate that side of it for you with a basic thermostat in the lung room along with cooling duties.🤓
Yeah I tacked the VPD chart to the wall next to the tent. I'm thankful the plants are so resilient because based on the chart they should be dead or on fire. Tent is 4 weeks into flower and VPD out of line big atm since was futzing with thermostat and heat was on. Says 81/28 for 2.58vpd. At 25% outside I can see where the problem starts and it is super dry during day and night now. Mid 40s late at night and mid 70s during the day. Have 2 tents in 1 room upstairs and they both have a 600w hlg blackbirds in them. Also the attic is directly above me and I vent tent exhaust into it. The ventilation and insulation in the entire house is about a 3/4 on scale of 1-10 at best. It would be a very pretty penny to replace every window in this house and properly insulate it and I just don't have the money or know-how at the moment.
Not sure if you have this but it's helpful in targeting the ranges you want to be in and what you need to raise or lower to fall in that range:

Of course all of this is contingent on what CG's input is which, I hope, agrees with my own!😌

Not sure why your tent cure wasn't successful. It just needs the right range to be successful. Again, mini-split would give you the consistent environment. Not trying to sell you on it but just saying it seems to be the obvious choice if you have the budget/space.
Tent curing hasn't been successful for me because was dealing with almost complete popcorn buds. I feel the size of your flowers completely matters as far as how long it might take to dry. That fat-ass monster colas yall grow do not dry as fast as the small ones I have grown. To me putting some flower in a fridge with a window and a hygrometer inside to watch is dang near fool-proof. I hang 4 different sized plants, all popcorn nugs in size, with fan on floor aiming slightly down and away from any flowers in my tent and still it shot past dry within 3-4 days. I wasn't able to add humidity to lung remove enough to make a difference and wasn't willing to put humidifier inside tent and gamble with coming to check on a crop dripping wet. Think I am 5-6 weeks from next dry and will experiment with as much as I can load into wine fridge and the rest will dry in a 3rd tent I have and will also try a 3rd method.

Just checked futures 😔 and market waited till I was basically completely long to gap down ffs tomorrow may be brutal for mwah. Careful out there

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Just checked futures 😔 and market waited till I was basically completely long to gap down ffs tomorrow may be brutal for mwah. Careful out there
ETH is dying....hope Coinbase is still around next week.....😬

If your situation changes now is the time to start thinking about it because winter time is the time to buy A/C's!!! 2k MS's can be found for under $1,000.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Weather is sunny and cold this morning. Forecast is for much of the same for the rest of the day. Temps and humidity have begun to stabilize in the tent and are now moving towards the numbers I want to see in the environment.

Current tent specs:

Temp - 71.8*
Humidity - 62%
VPD - .85

I'd like to see humidity drop a few more percent to around 58* or less. I'd like to see temp drop to around 70* but I feel a little better about conditions going into the next phase of dry and cure so I'll put off removing branches from main stem until the 30th if weather persists.

I also spread some of the branches out and hung them for better air circ through the branches and to prevent mold from taking hold.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Yeah I tacked the VPD chart to the wall next to the tent. I'm thankful the plants are so resilient because based on the chart they should be dead or on fire. Tent is 4 weeks into flower and VPD out of line big atm since was futzing with thermostat and heat was on. Says 81/28 for 2.58vpd. At 25% outside I can see where the problem starts and it is super dry during day and night now. Mid 40s late at night and mid 70s during the day. Have 2 tents in 1 room upstairs and they both have a 600w hlg blackbirds in them. Also the attic is directly above me and I vent tent exhaust into it. The ventilation and insulation in the entire house is about a 3/4 on scale of 1-10 at best. It would be a very pretty penny to replace every window in this house and properly insulate it and I just don't have the money or know-how at the moment.

Tent curing hasn't been successful for me because was dealing with almost complete popcorn buds. I feel the size of your flowers completely matters as far as how long it might take to dry. That fat-ass monster colas yall grow do not dry as fast as the small ones I have grown. To me putting some flower in a fridge with a window and a hygrometer inside to watch is dang near fool-proof. I hang 4 different sized plants, all popcorn nugs in size, with fan on floor aiming slightly down and away from any flowers in my tent and still it shot past dry within 3-4 days. I wasn't able to add humidity to lung remove enough to make a difference and wasn't willing to put humidifier inside tent and gamble with coming to check on a crop dripping wet. Think I am 5-6 weeks from next dry and will experiment with as much as I can load into wine fridge and the rest will dry in a 3rd tent I have and will also try a 3rd method.

I can live with the temperature but if you have a humidifier that can raise the humidity in the tent it would improve the environment. Can you keep the room at 45% consistently? 50%? Ideally at the temperature you have in the tent higher humidity will help put your plants into a more favorable environment. 60% - 65% is where you want to be at that temp. Running a humidifier will be less costly than running an air conditioner. If you can drop temp? Great, you don't have to raise humidity as much, but it would be easier and cheaper to humidify the space. Maybe just try and humidify with lights on and an hour after lights off then let the low night temps work with the lower humidity. This way you keep your plants in the green zone without having to use too much juice.

As long as you have air exchanging in and out of the tent moving humidity the higher humidity won't be a problem.

If you slow down your fan to half speed does your tent heat up and if it does to what temp?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I can live with the temperature but if you have a humidifier that can raise the humidity in the tent it would improve the environment. Can you keep the room at 45% consistently? 50%? Ideally at the temperature you have in the tent higher humidity will help put your plants into a more favorable environment. 60% - 65% is where you want to be at that temp. Running a humidifier will be less costly than running an air conditioner. If you can drop temp? Great, you don't have to raise humidity as much, but it would be easier and cheaper to humidify the space. Maybe just try and humidify with lights on and an hour after lights off then let the low night temps work with the lower humidity. This way you keep your plants in the green zone without having to use too much juice.

As long as you have air exchanging in and out of the tent moving humidity the higher humidity won't be a problem.

If you slow down your fan to half speed does your tent heat up and if it does to what temp?
Missed this. yeah that RH wasn't very accurate my bad. I have been moving shit around and making changes and adjustments and that was likely a fan rebounding onto sensor.
Today I swapped what was in 1 tent for the other tent. Now my girls in flower are close to window. I can control dropping that tents temp quite easily with a jimmy-rigged diy mini-split fan+tube+panty hose 😆 but hey it works awesome so far. I will post specs from a few times over the next few days to get more accurate idea of environment. I have 2 humidifiers but am super hesitant to put either of them in my tent while girls are half way through flower or later. Flower tent is lights on 7a-7p and veg is 7a-1a. Temp outside now at 10pm is 54.

Screenshot 20221129 213216 AC Infinity
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom